• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gotham
3 3

1,832 posts in this topic

This week's episode was fantastic. And in the end, creepy Galavan got what he deserved.

Now, what does he become?

:ohnoez:

Nygma did mention Grundy in his clue to Lee. Will need alot of CGI.

I think the Grundy ref was just a fun easter egg for the comic fans.

as for the cult members getting wiped out, they haven't really shown me that they can do anything except swarm unexpecting victims. That's very different than fighting trained police/military personnel or experienced street thugs who have firearms. Although Selina faired a little better in the fight than I would have expected.

Winter is coming to Gotham!

First Look: Gotham's Mister Freeze

Gotham is under a major Freeze warning.

After introducing modern incarnations of infamous Batman comic-book supervillains such as Penguin and Riddler, the Fox TV series debuts its next one, Mr. Freeze, Monday tonight in the fall finale (8 ET/PT). Fans will get a glimpse at Wayne Enterprises cryogenics engineer Victor Fries, played by Nathan Darrow (House of Cards), before his bigger story begins to be told when the show comes back Feb. 29.

CVD_7FuWUAAMZfM.jpg

Unlike Fire Bug/Firefly, couldn't they make his controls/gauges less exposed?

I think people want this show to be more realistic, but it is a comic book show. So,incredibly stupid and far fetched things happen like easily wiping out the cult members with nary a scratch to the good guys. So if you can get past your expectations of it being on par with the last batman trilogy and accept it's silliness, you can enjoy it.

:applause:

Like the one scene with Butch a few episodes ago... just Gordon & Bullock firing large-caliber automatic fire into a street they don't even know is empty. Pure awesomeness.

-slym

One of my favorite television shows.

Why are they playing up a "fall finale"? IMDB shows episodes continuing non-stop for a while with another new one next week. Just empty hype?

Are you sure?

No, I think there's a break. IMDB shows the episodes continuing uninterrupted, but they must have put in dates assuming it would be that way. The site still shows episodes 13 and up being in December, but oddly they changed episode 12 to just say "2016."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3749900/episodes?season=2&ref_=tt_eps_sn_2

Why are they playing up a "fall finale"? IMDB shows episodes continuing non-stop for a while with another new one next week. Just empty hype?

Are you sure?

No, I think there's a break. IMDB shows the episodes continuing uninterrupted, but they must have put in dates assuming it would be that way. The site still shows episodes 13 and up being in December, but oddly they changed episode 12 to just say "2016."

I get confused with these breaks. Plus when they are too long, you need to go back and re-watch some of the episodes to catch up again.

I thought Gordon was a goody-two-shoes. What's happening to modern tv and cinema these days? It's ok to go over the line. I am not going to take things too seriously but that was one part of the finale I didn't care about.

Edited by romanheart

I thought Gordon was a goody-two-shoes. What's happening to modern tv and cinema these days? It's ok to go over the line. I am not going to take things too seriously but that was one part of the finale I didn't care about.

I know what you mean. I like my comicbook heroes to hold to powerful ideals, at virtually any cost. "It's what makes us better than them" etc. But as someone else pointed out, maybe we can see all this as formative. Maybe Jim's ideals will be tempered in these early years.

I know what you mean. I like my comicbook heroes to hold to powerful ideals, at virtually any cost. "It's what makes us better than them" etc. But as someone else pointed out, maybe we can see all this as formative. Maybe Jim's ideals will be tempered in these early years.

It was a little surprising what he did, but they're giving him a bit of a reprieve since it seems like the character may 'jon snow' the situation, so its not as 'murdery' as it could be. And these experiences are shaping the man we eventually come to know as Commissioner Gordon, a man willing to work with those outside law enforcement, a man who isn't corrupt but isn't afraid to get dirty to clean things up. In more than one Batman comic, you see that Gordon has demons, and this is the story of those demons. Especially since we all know he will lose Lee in the end, and have a crazy son (probably Barbara's?).

Are you sure?

I get confused with these breaks. Plus when they are too long, you need to go back and re-watch some of the episodes to catch up again.

or you just forget altogether, which is what happened to me and Gotham.

In a fun nod to Tim Burton's Batman sequel, Paul Reubens will play Oswald Cobblepot/the Penguin's (Robin Lord Taylor) poppa in an upcoming episode of Gotham. Here's our first glimpse of the actor in his Gotham duds alongside Taylor, courtesy of Danny Cannon.

Gotham returns with all-new episodes, February 29th on FOX.

CX-obk5WwAAJGoq.jpg

In a fun nod to Tim Burton's Batman sequel, Paul Reubens will play Oswald Cobblepot/the Penguin's (Robin Lord Taylor) poppa in an upcoming episode of Gotham. Here's our first glimpse of the actor in his Gotham duds alongside Taylor, courtesy of Danny Cannon.

Gotham returns with all-new episodes, February 29th on FOX.

CX-obk5WwAAJGoq.jpg

He's missing the pencil mustache.

Fox May Be Considering A GOTHAM Spin-Off

CEO Gary Newman shared "We've felt strongly that Fish Mooney earned and deserved a show that would help develop this character further, taking her exploits to new heights."

:jokealert:

While attending a Television Critics Association press tour, Fox chairman and CEO Gary Newman revealed that Fox is willing to consider expanding the world of Gotham with new projects and television spin-offs.

"We're really happy with the creative on Gotham this year. We thought the Rise of the Villains has been great, and it feels like a world that has many, many stories to tell. We haven't had any conversations with Warner [brothers] about whether or not they'd want to do a spin-off series. I think that would be an issue for DC. It isn't quite clear to me that they'd be ready to do that, but it's a good idea."

Here’s what the Australian builder had to say about the set:

"After 1-2 years of planning and 3-4 months of building I have finally created Arkham Asylum in Lego. I feel this was the milestone for me as a builder as this is something I have wanted to build for years now and I am so happy with how it turned out, almost everything I wanted to put into the moc was built and included, some of my favourite parts of the Moc are, Killer Croc’s Cell (See Youtube Video) the Maximum Security Wing (Underground Cells), The whole interior turned out pretty good and I really like what happened the whole roof and clock part of the building. I’ve been building Batman mocs for 3 years now and I think this is my Best Batman Moc so far. It is also the biggest build I have ever made, with 18,000 pieces and standing at 52x98 studs wide and 55 bricks tall. This was built for Brickvention 2016, that took place last week in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve been to Brickvention 5 times now, twice as an attendee and now three times as an exhibitor and this year I really tried to bring my A game with what I displayed. I brought Arkham as well as some other Mocs that I have not posted yet."