• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gotham
3 3

1,832 posts in this topic

The rising level of gratuitous violence each episode is ridiculous -- far worse than Boardwalk Empire which was a 10 pm start on a subscription channel. It just makes the show dumb. Ed Nygma murdering and butchering Miss Kryngle, that I completely understand. The multiple cops murdered seemingly each week? Ridiculous and by now a pathetic self-parody.

It's a pity that one of the show's central characters is an approximately 12- or 13-year-old boy, and an excellent supporting character is probably a 14- or so year-old girl ... but I won't let my kids watch Gotham.

Edited by zosocane

The rising level of gratuitous violence each episode is ridiculous. It just makes the show dumb. Ed Nygma murdering and butchering Miss Kryngle, that I understand. The multiple cops murdered seemingly each week? Ridiculous and now a self-parody.
That's the no.1 problem with Gotham for me. By the time Batman shows up he'll be just another kook in Crazytown.

Makes the entire point of a Batman "striking terror" null and void. Wayne might as well go out in a bathrobe and fuzzy slippers as The Bathman. Might even be scarier.

The rising level of gratuitous violence each episode is ridiculous. It just makes the show dumb. Ed Nygma murdering and butchering Miss Kryngle, that I understand. The multiple cops murdered seemingly each week? Ridiculous and now a self-parody.
That's the no.1 problem with Gotham for me. By the time Batman shows up he'll be just another kook in Crazytown.

Makes the entire point of a Batman "striking terror" null and void. Wayne might as well go out in a bathrobe and fuzzy slippers as The Bathman. Might even be scarier.

Pretty sure Batman is never going to show up. I thought the whole series was mainly to be about Gordon with some Bruce here & there learning how to rise up from the place he's at.

Pretty sure Batman is never going to show up. I thought the whole series was mainly to be about Gordon with some Bruce here & there learning how to rise up from the place he's at.
No, but it's still a Batman story about Batman characters in Batman's city. A timeline.

Gotham should film Gordon like a badazz bollywood cop. Give young Bruce something to live up to...

UDdx7MG.gif

:D

I think the reason people watch is for all the over-the-top deaths, sometimes multiple deaths per episode. No one can die quickly. It started off really well with in the first season, and degraded like many have said to a ' Tracy' like feeling.

I can't place what era this show is supposed to take place in. There is flip cell-phones but sometimes it looks like it's an earlier time.

If not for the gruesomeness of the show, I am not sure anyone would keep watching. It should revolve back around Gordon and Harvey mostly. Boy Wayne annoys the mess out of me.

5 episodes in a row and the good guys have done nothing. Penguin has done more. Very 'Dark Knight Rises' feeling going about the show.

They're using up all the rogues gallery for Batman. How could there ever be a Batman series now?

It's too bad they didn't do an adaption of Gotham Central for tv. It was very well done and has great reviews.

They could've handled Batman like they do Superman on the Supergirl show. A fleeting glimpse, shadowy exit, backlit silhouette or off-camera voice. Otherwise do Gotham as a great police procedural.

A Gotham like that could play for a decade.

51wdx8YVgdL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I think the reason people watch is for all the over-the-top deaths, sometimes multiple deaths per episode. No one can die quickly. It started off really well with in the first season, and degraded like many have said to a ' Tracy' like feeling.

I can't place what era this show is supposed to take place in. There is flip cell-phones but sometimes it looks like it's an earlier time.

If not for the gruesomeness of the show, I am not sure anyone would keep watching. It should revolve back around Gordon and Harvey mostly. Boy Wayne annoys the mess out of me.

5 episodes in a row and the good guys have done nothing. Penguin has done more. Very 'Dark Knight Rises' feeling going about the show.

They're using up all the rogues gallery for Batman. How could there ever be a Batman series now?

I'm fairly certain there was never a plan to have an actual batman series or show.

AT best, the show ends with:

1. Bruce Wayne faking his death soon after he goes away to college (or earlier)

2. Barbara will die, but after having Jim's baby (James Jr). And at the end of the show he adopts Barbara, who's parents were murdered.

3. Joker reveal

4. Penguin will be on top of the criminal world but trying to go straight (hopefully with a top hat and a monocle)

5. Nothing will change about Harvey Bullock

Edited by Revat

I think the reason people watch is for all the over-the-top deaths, sometimes always multiple deaths per episode. No one can die quickly. It started off really well with in the first season, and degraded like many have said to a ' Tracy' like feeling.

Fixed it for you. Not only multiple deaths every episode, but now multiple cops killed each episode. 6 cops killed in last night's episode. I'm sure if someone went back and counted the number of dead cops since the pilot episode, it's easily over 100.

Complete silliness. If you see any quality in this, you're easily pleased.

As I have said before - this is a comic book that is shown on TV. It is supposed to be over the top, possibly into the "silly" realm.

Go ahead. Call me "easily pleased". I have been called worse.

:D

-slym