• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gotham
3 3

1,832 posts in this topic

Gotham Includes Tribute Easter Egg For Sixties Batman TV Show

DC on ComicBook.com Facebook reader Roy Bassave noticed something a little...askew...about tonight's episode: When Eddie entered a warehouse, the shot took was tilted at a Dutch angle.

Why's that significant? Well, in the 1966 Batman TV series, that would happen whenever the show headed to one of the villains' hideouts, or sometimes crime scenes. The idea was that the villains were also "crooked," and the decision to use an odd angle for the shot would communicate a sense of something being wrong or out of place.

riddler-dutch-angle-178589.png

Still thinking Gordon might put on the cowl first, then realize he's not above the law. Loved the stitching job on Selina's jacket. Babs is looking more and more like a psycho Mr. J groupie to me.

Edited by kdoginohio

Azrael Rises In New Gotham Photos

Fox has released the first official stills from the April 25 episode of Gotham, and they feature Theo Galavan (James Frain) alive and well.

And now that Galavan has been resurrected, he's ready to become Azrael (title of the episode), the warrior of vengeance for the Order of St. Dumas.

0S8WJ1S.png

hkXjoi4.png

It looks like The Penguin is starting to head down the character path comic fans are most familiar with.

xLppYN0.png

This guy's acting is what's keeping me watching the series the most. Second-most is the guy playing Riddler's acting. The guy playing Gordon is third.

It looks like The Penguin is starting to head down the character path comic fans are most familiar with.

This guy's acting is what's keeping me watching the series the most. Second-most is the guy playing Riddler's acting. The guy playing Gordon is third.

Me too. In the same order (though Nigma is giving Penguin a run for his money as far as being interesting goes). Loved Paul Reubens as dad, thought that was a perfect casting.

Turns out that Hugo's method of brainwashing isn't all that effective when some psychos kill your dad right under your nose. Now let's see what happens to Barbara.

(After having binged on Gotham seasons 1 and 2 in the past week...)

I really like the acting of Penguin, Nygma, and Gordon. Cat does a good job as well.

The thing I can't stop thinking about Gordon is that the role is perfect for Ed Norton, but they didn't get Ed Norton. But the guy they got is really good... because he's so much like Ed Norton. lol

I want more Lucius Fox. Less Gilzean. No more Fish Mooney... ever.

It's looking like the kid playing Bruce may end up being rather small for the role...he's already 15 and is still only about 5' 4" and super-scrawny. Hopefully he's still got a growth spurt ahead of him. :wishluck:

I LOVED the guy they had playing the Joker-like Jerome character earlier this season probably even more than Penguin or any of the other actors. Why'd they kill him off? ???

96f6ffe44d8baa09b49c738d7428b6dd.jpg

I LOVED the guy they had playing the Joker-like Jerome character earlier this season probably even more than Penguin or any of the other actors. Why'd they kill him off? ???

probably to eff with people who thought he would be joker.

BUT there's still a decent chance he'll be brought back to life right? by strange?

i still think they will bring him back some way. Would seem odd for him not to be the joker. Could there really have been two guys in gotham that fit the description?

My favorite episode by far is the riddler "origin" episode where he finally realizes he was meant to be a psychopath. wondering if that episode had a different writer/screenplay as I thought it was superior in a lot of ways.

It would be pretty cool if Jerome and Jeri (Wonder Jer-Twin Powers, Activate!) were somehow combined to become the Joker. Like a fireless Firestorm for Gotham.

Who is the Joker?

Wrong question.

Who are the Joker? :insane:

What do Jerome and Jeri have in common? Three letters... J-E-R, OK?

J-O-K-E-R. :insane::insane: