• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RIP Al Feldstein

51 posts in this topic

Mad magazine was my first ever subscription. I looked forward every month to it being there in the mail. By the time I started reading Mad Mr. Feldstein had already retired but without his guidance and stewardship along with Mr. Gains and the numerous fantastic artists and writers who worked there it would have never have made it all these years.

Rest in peace good sir and thank you for so many years of laughter

I met him in Detroit a few years ago and he was a delight to chat to. I tried to hunt down an affordable Felstein book for him to autograph and didn't succeed.

Last year I finally found a nice book and was hoping to bump into him soon again to get his sig and hear some more stories. :(

RIP.

One of my all-time favourite writers. I've re-read his EC science-fiction stories more than any other comics in my collection. Brilliant work, a master at conveying paranoia, helplessness and primal terror in his characters, factors which also made the rigored quality of his figurework seem very, very appropriate.

I did have the privilege of meeting him once, nice guy, and managed to get my 'Horror Comics of the 1950s' hardcover signed.

A creator I've held in the highest esteem for over three decades - and extremely sad news.