• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF 3

2,686 posts in this topic

The 9.4 Spiderman #4 listed on comiclink is trimmed. If you have any doubt, just look at the Spiderman #4 in the Feb 2005 Heritage auction. The book is graded at 9.0 and has minor chipping at the top of the spine that does not appear in the 9.4. It is the same book, IMO.

That is definitely NOT the same book. Look at the spine edge. The wrap is clearly different.

The 9.4 Spiderman #4 listed on comiclink is trimmed. If you have any doubt, just look at the Spiderman #4 in the Feb 2005 Heritage auction. The book is graded at 9.0 and has minor chipping at the top of the spine that does not appear in the 9.4. It is the same book, IMO.

That is definitely NOT the same book. Look at the spine edge. The wrap is clearly different.

I agree. The Feb '05 Heritage CGC 9.0 Spidey 4 web page seems to match this CGC 9.2. See the small stain under Sandman in the third panel?

ASM-4-92(BT).jpg

I think you can add that one to the list.

The small ding that lines up with the front of the small "M" in amazing is at least 1/2 of what it was before. mad.gif

1/32 nd of an inch.

Someone should ask Doug if he has a bigger scan of that book. The top edge does look like it might have had a small sliver taken off, but the 9.2 scan is too small to say for sure.

Bruce,

The ASM #4 in 9.4 that is only 2 digits from a known Ewert submission is on Comiclink.

Now we're looking at a former Heritage 9.0 resubbed up to 9.2 that was on Doug's site. The 9.0 originally came up because WIZARDTBT mistakenly thought it was the 9.4 in a previous incarnation.

EDIT - Removed erroneous comment about the 9.2 not being near a known Ewert submission.

The nearest serial #'s to the 9.2 slab (# 0703056003) in BronzeBruce's list of Ewert submitted books are 0703055010 and 0703057003.

BTW, Scott, today's "safe word" is cranberry.

...I don't want to play anymore,...people are going to start disappearing soon,.... I don't want to end up in the Meadowlands,.......:(

I agree. The Feb '05 Heritage CGC 9.0 Spidey 4 web page seems to match this CGC 9.2. See the small stain under Sandman in the third panel?

ASM-4-92(BT).jpg

...or does it match this 8.5?????

813018002o.jpg

The nearest serial #'s to the 9.2 slab (# 0703056003) in BronzeBruce's list of Ewert submitted books are 0703055010 and 0703057003.

0703056003 (ASM#4 CGC 9.2)

893whatthe.gif Those are consecutive invoices. Looks like another Ewert book. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

From what I can tell from the two scans, it doesn't seem like the book was trimmed. Unless of course the book was pressed from 8.5 to 9.0 to 9.2. Otherwise, just add this book to the growing list of varying CGC grades with every submission.

Doug or Josh? We're talking about a book on Comiclink or not?

The scan of the CGC 9.2 copy was from Pedigreecomics.com. That particular book was part of an Ewert submission that also had an Avengers #6 CGC 9.6 COVER TRIMMED.

Good catch. That book keeps climbing the ladder. Those differences in price sure are worthwhile! insane.gif I think I prefer the old days when there were only 3 grades and prices in Overstreet - Good, Fine and Mint.

From what I can tell from the two scans, it doesn't seem like the book was trimmed. Unless of course the book was pressed from 8.5 to 9.0 to 9.2. Otherwise, just add this book to the growing list of varying CGC grades with every submission.

Take a closer look at the top edge in the CGC 9.2. It appears as though a tiny sliver may have been taken from the top of the book. Too tough to say without a bigger scan of the 9.2 though.

0703056003 (ASM#4 CGC 9.2)

893whatthe.gif Those are consecutive invoices. Looks like another Ewert book. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I see, thanks for pointing out the sequence.

Take a closer look at the top edge in the CGC 9.2. It appears as though a tiny sliver may have been taken from the top of the book. Too tough to say without a bigger scan of the 9.2 though.

I agree that a bigger scan is required to be sure.

Did you save the image and blow it up? I don't believe the book has not had work done to it (trimming). Look at the large Heritage scan. There are two or three nicks that are missing now.