• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF 3

2,686 posts in this topic

Thanks for your sentiments. I appreciate them. I'm so busy besides just Pedigree (playing hoops, watching Yankees, playing with 4 year old son, etc., etc)

What about eating dinner with your buddy.

grin.gif

And you'll have less time in a month when the Heat start playing. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Actually for everyone else, I have talk to Doug and I could hear in his voice how ticked off he is over this. I can also say if you ask him about a book (it's history) he will tell you everything he knows. I've bought plenty (and I mean plenty) and he will tell me if he resubmitted for a higher grade, and will even say he resubmitted the book and CGC wouldn't give it a higher grade. Obviously, he can only give out what information he knows.

Hopefully all other dealers will be this honest.

it's almost impossible for me to get to the boards on any consistent basis these days (especially with the pennant race in the AL these past couple of weeks). But I do like to chime in and i'm glad I did.

Doug

jeeezz, Doug. You make it sound like you're playing third base or sumthing!!! why not just watch the game while reading and posting on the boards??? And juggling the 4 year old on your other lap too!

Clean...press...and just a little off the top. cloud9.gif

Maybe I should bring my comics with me to the barber shop next week. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Abrams, you have quite the aptitude for spotting resto...

That's because Abrams is Hammer aka Danny Dupcak.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif893whatthe.gif

Well, here's a post from Abrams way back in May:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...true#Post827436

Talk about planting the seed. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Plus, Abrams does seem to know a lot about sports collectibles.

Do you think the person who trimmed the FF3 is a serial trimmer? Do you think this kind of thing gets by CGC consistantly?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Not to plant seeds, but you've been kinda mysteriously absent from this thread, given that you're the fellow who pointed out the man behind the curtain...care to tell us anything about yourself? flowerred.gif

La la la. Played like a fiddle, we all have been.

The good thing is that he only had 2 or 3 books from those submissions on my site (FF 10, ASM 4 and another one I can't remember at this point) and they all were deleted right away.

Doug, nice to see you working up a good head of steam. If you haven't already, it'd really helpful if you could provide the identity of the 3rd book and its serial number if possible.

Do you think the person who trimmed the FF3 is a serial trimmer? Do you think this kind of thing gets by CGC consistantly?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Not to plant seeds, but you've been kinda mysteriously absent from this thread, given that you're the fellow who pointed out the man behind the curtain...care to tell us anything about yourself? flowerred.gif

So what? Sometimes it takes a thief to catch a thief. I'm sure he has some ulterior motive, but so long as the books he's spotting turn out to have indeed been doctored, more power to him.

You don't think he was the hatchet man do you? 893whatthe.gif

So what? Sometimes it takes a thief to catch a thief. I'm sure he has some ulterior motive, but so long as the books he's spotting turn out to have indeed been doctored, more power to him.

I agree.

I'm sure it occured to you that Abrams was Hammer.

After reading the many posts on the STL boards I had suspected. Unlike Highgrade, I cannot verify it.

The only fiddle played was CGC's for allowing a close friend a fast track through the inspection process.

Regarding Hammer as the Hatchetman...This is not his handiwork. He clearly relishes that he has caught someone close to CGC manipulating the system and will exert tremendous effort to "alert" the forum to any resto'd book inside a blue label slab from this point forward.