• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF 3

2,686 posts in this topic

Im not so sure the book has color touch. Take the higher rez file and save it as a low rez file, like 72DPI then use a strong compression like the other file. Most of that detail will go away. I'm also not 100% convinced its trimmed yet with that high amount of (EE) edge enhancement and or compression. Its possible, but I don't feel safe saying this one is a trim 100% like the others yet.

Im not so sure the book has color touch. Take the higher rez file and save it as a low rez file, like 72DPI then use a strong compression like the other file. Most of that detail will go away. I'm also not 100% convinced its trimmed yet with that high amount of (EE) edge enhancement and or compression. Its possible, but I don't feel safe saying this one is a trim 100% like the others yet.

Can we at least call it a shave? confused-smiley-013.gif

Just got in from the Bay Area where I had a great time, catching up with good friends, having a great scenery filled dinner and buying a bunch or gorgeous RAW books.

All I can say after yet another hack job is --- Buy a HG SA or BA slab right now, I DOUBLE DOG DARE YA - Trust me you will shoot your eye out. tonofbricks.gif

Aman,

The Yanks require my total concentration. Plus, Torre has to make so many trips back and forth to the mound that I need regular neck massages.

It's not easy trying to do everything you have to in an 18 hour day (I only get about 6 hours sleep) and still keep up with you guys. I'm going to try, though, as I want to be a part of this thread since I have such strong feelings about what happened, etc.

Thanks for checking in, Aman. For you, 20% off your next Howard the Duck purchase!!

Best,

Doug

Steve,

Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate it. You know what I'm all about as do many other of my friends and collector buddies out there.

Now, about me abandoning the Jets and becoming a Dol-fan, give me about another week of this high school offense and come a callin'. I'll have my Marino t-shirt in tow.

Thanks, Steve!!

Don't know if this was posted yet, but Ewert has made his feedback private. 27_laughing.gif

Are you joking?

Please provide a link when proclaiming something this important. sumo.gif

----

I read ahead to the next page and see BB confirms this.

I guess JE doesn't want anymore thrill bids. yeahok.gif

Amazing that a guy with 100% postive feedback needs to do that huh? 27_laughing.gif

No doubt... so does this mean that he is planning on staying in business?!?! frustrated.gif

Some nerve this guy must have...

I think he's hiding the names of his buyers so people don't try to contact them for information on the books.

The next step is to start a new account but that will be hard to do because I'm sure once some 9.4-9.8 CGC slabs show up under some low feedback seller's auctions the clever folks will be all over it within a week.

I think he's hiding the names of his buyers so people don't try to contact them for information on the books.

The next step is to start a new account but that will be hard to do because I'm sure once some 9.4-9.8 CGC slabs show up under some low feedback seller's auctions the clever folks will be all over it within a week.

--------------------

He'll sell under his own name at first, then change E-Bay aliases (as you say), then he will take a page from the movie "The Front". If all else fails, wear sunglasses and approach customers outside a convention, asking them if they want CGC 9.8 books for half price.

That won't work… the names have already been secured.

Also, I was under the impression that Jason was told/forced to leave the hobby to avoid legal action being brought against him. I figured he was going to do this but still am not sure what he hopes to accomplish.

He could just pop them out of the slabs and try to sell them raw under the radar at a loss just to dump them, maybe not even on ebay. Just a thought.

is there any way to guesstimate how many "hot potato" books ewert is holding now? his strategy was to buy books, trim, then resell. that said, he should be holding a few $$ books that he hasn't sold yet. even if they aren't trimmed (yet), they would be under suspicion if he were to sell them. so potentially, he may be sitting on a goldmine of illiquid books.