• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF 3

2,686 posts in this topic

I can proudly state that I do not have any Jason Ewert books on my site anymore!!

Hi Doug,

What a shame it will be if this statement becomes a neccessary sales disclaimer for all comic dealers. Maybe Redhook can make a "Ewert Free" logo for you to use. crazy.gif

I'm glad you found the discussion and took time to clarify the status of the book. It's sad to think about how many people have been affected by Ewert's actions, both financially and in their ability to enjoy what's supposed to be a fun hobby.

Its clearly the same book. 100 percent. I did a photoshop line up of the two books and I can't tell if there's trimming or not. I'm not so sure. The artifacting/etc is so bad on the edge its hard to tell without the book in hand. Anyway, I would check the book out if I owned it.

949303-ASM-4.jpg

BTW Hammer was claiming

"Amazing Spider-man #4 CGC 9.0 Blue... Heritage:

right edge, cover only:

http://www.heritagecomics.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=815&Lot_No=2359&src=pr#Photo

tongue.gif

949303-ASM-4.jpg.a79f9fcd6013de6697b0fb6240ef9929.jpg

The ironic part of all of this was when "Jason Ewert Investment Collectibles" or whatever he calls himself started up on ebay, the very first public recommendation of that seller on this board came from Steve himself. Oops! blush.gif (Not implying anything at all, just pointing out the irony).

Rip,

Another apparent problem with the book is the right edge. Take a look near the bottom of the book where the blue lines on the first interior page peek out near the lower third of the cover. I'm not used to seeing that much space between the leading edge of the cover and the leading edge of the first wrap.

Its clearly the same book. 100 percent. I did a photoshop line up of the two books and I can't tell if there's trimming or not. I'm not so sure. The artifacting/etc is so bad on the edge its hard to tell without the book in hand. Anyway, I would check the book out if I owned it.

949303-ASM-4.jpg

BTW Hammer was claiming

"Amazing Spider-man #4 CGC 9.0 Blue... Heritage:

right edge, cover only:

http://www.heritagecomics.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=815&Lot_No=2359&src=pr#Photo

tongue.gif

Jimm,

Thanks for your sentiments. I appreciate them. I'm so busy besides just Pedigree (playing hoops, watching Yankees, playing with 4 year old son, etc., etc) it's almost impossible for me to get to the boards on any consistent basis these days (especially with the pennant race in the AL these past couple of weeks). But I do like to chime in and i'm glad I did.

You can imagine that from both a collector's and dealer's standpoint how I will be affected by Ewert's actions (possibly more so than any other person) since I do Pedigree full time as a business and still love to collect. I just hope people don't lose confidence in CGC and in our hobby due to one greedy insufficiently_thoughtful_person. This would negatively affect my business in a big way since I only deal in CGC graded books. That is why I will divulge any Ewert-related info (even his address if you'd like to throw rotten apples at his house) in an attempt to make collector's feel safe when buying a book from my site. Trust me, I only received a handful or two of books from Ewert since opening Pedigree as he usually did his own thing on ebay as opposed to giving me 8% to do the same thing. Thank goodness I didn't do much business with him and rarely ever bought anything from him for my collection. Most of the books I purchased from him were from a collection he found in Chicago way before CGC was ever created so I' think i'm okay there!

Anyway, feel confident you will get nothing but 100% truth from me as to the identity of a book, whether its been pressed (if I do indeed know it was) or not, if it could have even possibly came from someone who bought from Ewert, etc,., etc.

Most of the books on my site are my own so you don't have to worry about any of those or any of the ones from my consignors (most who are forum members as well). I still love this hobby and will do everything I can to help all of you continue to love it too!! Now, GO YANKEES!!!

Doug

I don't think it's the same book due to the stress marks near Thor's head in the upper logo on the 9.2 copy.

Woops. I think you're right... since they're BOTH listed for sale "new" on ComicLink together (I just looked at the serial numbers). 893whatthe.gif