• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man 2 is a winner. The Rotten Tomatoes reviews were off.

856 posts in this topic

I actually liked the Lizard.... and own a much loved copy of the movie..... but as one of my all time favorite Spidey villains, it would be hard to disappoint me. The second movie we watched last night. It had a lot going but I enjoyed it a lot. It was a bit long for Aishaa ( 9 year old) .... but it was her first 3-D movie and she was VERY impressed. I'm OK with the modernizing of the franchise as there's still enough of the basics in it to still make it click for me. The lack of JJJ and the Bugle are the one glaring hole for me. An 8 out of 10 for me. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I kinda figure J.K. Simmons' JJJ was a tough act to follow, so they didn't.

They could have taken that route with rebooting the origin story too, but they didn't and that was one of the biggest issues with ASM.

Spider-man and Batman have the best rogue gallery which I assume everyone agrees on. (X-men would be 3rd place). So for your question I am saying that most superheroes have 1 or 2 A-list followed by a bunch of jobbers, so being a B or C-list is still fairly good behind Spiderman's premiere villains.

Spider-man IMO category list:

Green Goblin (A-List)

Doc Ock (A-List)

Venom (A-List)

Scorpion (B-List)-IMO the Villain who should have been on film well before Electro

Rhino (B-List)

Carnage (B-List)

Kraven (B-List)-who I really want to see on screen

Hobgoblin (B-List)

Sandman (B-List)

Spider Slayers (B-List)

The Chameleon (B-List)

Vulture (C-List)

Mysterio (C-List)-cool visual on screen I would like to see

Electro (C-List)

Lizard (C-List)

Molten Man (C-List)

Shocker (C-List)

Hammerhead (C-List)

The Jackal (C-List)

Tarantula (C-List)

The rest are jobbers.....

***Kingpin I really associate now with Daredevil***

So sure I agree Spider-man has one of the best Rogue Galleries so like I said I find it interesting to me that I enjoy these two movies so far with C-list villains at the helm. However seeing one of Spider-man's all time supporting cast of friends new on the screen with Gwen helped.

I'd love to see Hobgoblin and Carnage on screen. I don't know why, but I've always wanted to see Kraven as the main villain

Saw it with my 16-year-old daughter. We both has very low expectations. I liked it a lot and she loved it.

She cried when Gwen Stacy died (didn't know it was coming).

Decent popcorn movie.

Edited by Bleuhawaii

Saw it with my 16-year-old daughter. We both has very low expectations. I liked it a lot and she loved it.

Decent popcorn movie.

I've seen it, but you might want to put that part in spoilers for those who haven't....

Edited by Lucid Enigma

Decent popcorn movie.

I've seen it, but you might want to put that part in spoilers for those who haven't....

Wow, you're probably right. Didn't think there'd be anyone one here that didn't know that.

(shrug)

We'll see how this turns out.

BOX OFFICE: THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 Set To Drop To #2 After Only One Week At #1

It was obvious that it likely wouldn't beat Godzilla two weeks after opening, but to drop so quickly - and to a comedy - is not exactly a good sign! With a projected $35 - $40 million debut likely for Neighbors, a 60+% drop means that the Marc Webb helmed sequel looks set to fall short and finish next weekend at #2.

Internationally, the movie continues to perform well (its spent three weeks at the top of the UK box office for example), but this and the tepid reviews could lead to Sony re-evaluating their Spider-Man plans...

That would be sad if one of the most recognized comic book heroes gets knocked down so quickly at the box office.

This thread is so tamed now! Here´s 26 minutes full of hate to fix it. :applause:

(and spoilers- seriously, the whole plot is described in this review).

"Now Max loves Spiderman, but in about 30 seconds his mind will be changed completely, the -script needs him to hate Spiderman so that there's a villain, but clearly nobody there gives enough of a mess to bother developing it".

^Sums up how awful the -script was, pretty nicely.

I might try to to go see it tonight. Looking forward to it.

Wow, that was really really bad! As good as Cap 2 was - this was the polar opposite.

But I doubt even that will kill the franchise - which is doomed to live in Sony mishandling-hell forever. Marvels gigantic folly - selling off this and FF. Oh well, they got our money - but there's no need to see it again that's for sure

This thread is so tamed now! Here´s 26 minutes full of hate to fix it. :applause:

Made it 3 mins into this clip and had to stop. His voice was giving me a headache. This guy needs a girlfriend. Badly.

BOX OFFICE: THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 Set To Drop To #2 After Only One Week At #1

It was obvious that it likely wouldn't beat Godzilla two weeks after opening, but to drop so quickly - and to a comedy - is not exactly a good sign! With a projected $35 - $40 million debut likely for Neighbors, a 60+% drop means that the Marc Webb helmed sequel looks set to fall short and finish next weekend at #2.

Internationally, the movie continues to perform well (its spent three weeks at the top of the UK box office for example), but this and the tepid reviews could lead to Sony re-evaluating their Spider-Man plans...

That would be sad if one of the most recognized comic book heroes gets knocked down so quickly at the box office.

The character is not being knocked down, the plummet is a reflection of the poor execution of the director, writers and culminating with Garfield, who is not just a poor choice for Peter Parker but a below average actor to begin with.

Spider-Man was by far my favorite character growing up, so It would be sad, but SM 3 was terrible, and ASM 1 and 2 pale in comparison to much of the Disney/Marvel crop.

With Disney turning out some awesome Marvel movies with great scripts, I'd like to see Sony try to merge story and action in a meaningful way. If ASM 2 was their best attempt, Spidey is quickly going to become the red-headed stepchild of comic book movie franchises.

When ASM 1 came out, would anybody have even entertained the thought that a Guardians of the Galaxy movie could match or surpass the domestic box office of a Spidey movie? I know that I wouldn't, but with Captain America 2 doing so, it may not be such a stretch.

Thanks for posting this. Pretty much what I expected from this film and I am glad I didn't see it.

Wow...

lol