• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask me anything and get to know me
1 1

409 posts in this topic

please moderators, poof this thread.

you don't like this thread?

they are not laughing with you, they are laughing at you.

I noticed but I don't care I'm here to gain trust by buying and selling stuff on here and you know what they say "he who laughs laughs last!"

Dude...your mom probably wouldn't appreciate you posting her pic on some random website. :facepalm:

Yeah, but she's not bad looking at all.

;)

lol no but she let herself go because of all the my dad did to her!

I noticed but I don't care I'm here to gain trust by buying and selling stuff on here and you know what they say "he who laughs laughs last!"

I agree. "Ask not what you can do, ask your country for things to do."

hey guys I decided to make this thread because of the previous posts I made with consignments wanted, x-men 1 for sale and so on so I will take the best advice that someone gave me on this forum. I will prove myself to be trustworthy by making transactions with people and also since people don't really know who I am or anything about me so I decided that you can ask me anything to get to know me better!

Ask anything?

How old is your mom and is she hot? :foryou:

my mom's 40 and no she's not hot!

Pic please.....

here's a pic of my mom

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1444459659122525&set=a.1375822405986251.1073741825.100006755131716&type=1&theater

Meeeeoooooow

I love quotes they inspire me to keep on going even if times get tough

have you actually bought or sold anything on these boards?

I think having a sale might the best way to show that you can sell stuff. That way people can evaluate more relevant things like:

Condition knowledge, pricing knowledge, grading accuracy, shipping quality and speed, communication, professionalism, general comic knowledge, among other things.

But that's only what I would do, since I think from a logical perspective. It's certainly not for everyone.

have you actually bought or sold anything on these boards?

I think having a sale might the best way to show that you can sell stuff. That way people can evaluate more relevant things like:

Condition knowledge, pricing knowledge, grading accuracy, shipping quality and speed, communication, professionalism, general comic knowledge, among other things.

But that's only what I would do, since I think from a logical perspective. It's certainly not for everyone.

not yet but later today I'll be selling some of the comics I have

I had a post written out but my mobile device went dead. lol

:censored:

Honestly, it's probably because of your age but you're putting the cart before the horse with your venture.

First thing I'd do is find a part time job so you can earn money while you decide how to attack your new venture. You're going to need to pay for convention tables, collections if you find them and other possible start up costs.

Then, if you want to actually get into the buying and selling comics you need to cultivate a professional outward image and cultivate a relationship with possible customers. Starting a discussion on a chat forum doesn't cultivate a relationship. You'll need to do something like buy and sell for a year or two to show that you're not a 'flight by night' outfit before you become 'credible' enough for people to trust you with their things. Good luck with people buying from you, let alone trusting you with selling for them.

There have been enough 'flight by night' outfits come through here that people's tolerance for noobs who come here just for the money is pretty low.

You'll need to build a customer / client base. Only way to do that is by dealing with them over time.

You'll probably want to find collections in your local area to sell. Set up at shows to build experience is one way.

You'll need to figure out a better system than having people from the US mail you books to Canada for you to sell them back into the US. There are shipping and brokerage fees, insurance costs, taxes, etc.

Doing stuff like I listed above for a year or two will help you decide if you want to do this or not. Heck, after 2 months you may not even feel like doing this anymore. There's a reason why not everyone does it.

Everyone is inspired at the notion of selling a big book to make the headlines or to collect the big paycheck, but not everyone follows through or gets there. Why? Because it takes more than just wishing you could do it to make it happen.

Many people you're talking to have been selling stuff for years for themselves. I started late but some people reading this thread have been setting up at shows since they were in high school. Many have been on eBay for a decade or longer. Some have grown into part and full time dealers. Others just do it for fun, but regardless they have all put in the work.

From what they all see, there is very little incentive for them to want to ship their books to an unknown person in a different country so that they can give up 20% for very little to no benefit.

You'll want to rethink this business plan through from beginning to end and in the end the more you do and less you say is usually the most successful approach. Yes, I see the irony in my post! :insane:

Sweet jeebus the quote is

"He who laughs last, laughs best"

as in if you are successful in your endeavor you will have the last laugh (over those who are currently laughing at your attempts) and thus because it is the last laugh, it is also the best one.

(alternate quote is from the Christmas Prince which is "He who laughs last, laughs longest" and is the likely origin of the saying)

As others have mentioned, this probably isn't the right venue for this enterprise. Boardies are very knowledgable and don't need your help to buy or sell and are unlikely to want to give you a cut for something they can do themselves. You're better off finding collections close to you and consigning them to ebay or here.