• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Constantine TV Trailer

574 posts in this topic

A question about last night's episode...

When Constantine put the fallen angel's heart on the shelf, he placed it next to a gold mask. Could that be the Medusa Mask worn by Psycho Pirate?

I was wondering if that had some significance to a certain character.

Psychopirate.png

It sure looks right.

A question about last night's episode...

When Constantine put the fallen angel's heart on the shelf, he placed it next to a gold mask. Could that be the Medusa Mask worn by Psycho Pirate?

I was wondering if that had some significance to a certain character.

Psychopirate.png

It sure looks right.

(thumbs u

Not knowing much about Constantine (or DC) except for the basics has not stopped my enjoyment of this show. It's no worse than Grimm (which I like) and way better than the first couple seasons of Supernatural, imo. I hope it survives.

All caught up on the episodes thanks to On Demand. Really enjoying this series so far, especially the latest with the angel. Wonder why no Zed in episode 6? (shrug) Did I miss something?

If you read the previous posts, it appears that 6 was probably the 2nd episode shot as there was a lot of exposition and the original character and the absence of Liv from the 1st episode.

Also, now that I look it up, I just noticed that the Production code for #6 is j5552, and episode 3 is J5553, and episode 4 is J5554...etc. Which seems proof positive what others were guessing is true. That #6 was actually the second episode shot and for some reason was reorganized in the airing order.

I will say, that I was pretty disappointed in the first 3 episodes, so much so that I waited another whole week before catching 4 and just last night watched 6 and 7 back to back.

#7 is a home run, in my mind. Just what I've been saying from before the first episode aired, I hoped that they would show a more depressed and agitated JC. Who's fed-up with being caught in the middle and has an FU attitude which I feel is true to the comics. In the trailers he looked a little too glib and happy-go lucky smart . I really was feeling him act out the angst and frustration. And internally, I was thinking "YES!!!! FINALLY!!!" I want more of that.

They also have done something I commented on and noticed missing since episode 3. "Why not make it more suspenseful? Why not just follow the X-files formula?", and from the start of episode 7, where it starts off at the pentacostal Church, I was like "GAH! IT'S X-FILES!!!" Which I do not mean as a criticism. I was into it, completely start to finish.

Episode 7 gets an A- from me. The ending fell flat and I hope none of that is a spoiler.

Also, I would point out that he WAS smoking in episode 7. He flicks away the cig in a scene after taking a puff.

-Terry

Also, now that I look it up, I just noticed that the Production code for #6 is j5552, and episode 3 is J5553, and episode 4 is J5554...etc. Which seems proof positive what others were guessing is true. That #6 was actually the second episode shot and for some reason was reorganized in the airing order.

Good catch!

:applause:

Saw this article about the Swamp Thing film rights, and how it impacts characters created from the comics, including the Constantine show & potential film appearances. DC regularly gets held up as the more creator friendly Company, and Marvel usually held up as the company that bent over its artists, but here's one of those more modern cases, where I think DC hosed itself as well as any future creatives. Yeesh.

http://ohdannyboy.blogspot.com.au/2014/12/how-dc-comics-sold-alan-moore-in-1980.html

WOW!

I had never heard that DC had signed off some of its rights to characters like Marvel did during its bankruptcy period. And I always wondered what attachment Michael Uslan has to the Batman franchise, as he is involved in all of them and does videos about what a fan he is of the character.

Great find!

If anyone has xfinity/comcast....the ON-DEMAND section has some sort of behind the scenes 5 minute shorts called "HELL AND BACK".

What's really interesting is that they give you the inside scoop on some stuff...like:

The guy they cast to be Corrigan (The Spectre) was actually the FIRST guy they considered for the role of Constantine.....the producers went back and forth deliberating the pros and cons of each actor. When they made their eventual decision, they wanted to bring that actor in as a recurring role in spite of the fact he wasn't chosen as Constantine....hence the Spectre.

Pretty cool IMO. But I do dig their current choice for Constantine.

As a side note, it's my own speculation but when there are scenes indicating "Zed" isn't here or someone else isn't wherever you'd expect them to be....it's simply them using previously shot footage (from before Liv left) and mixing it with newly shot footage (After Zed joined). In this way they can avoid complete reshoots. Basically anything that looks choppy or out of order (like the Halloween episode (which was originally shot back in July)) is probably so because of the recasting decision. Moving forward I'm sure it's going to get smoother and less convoluted as they explain and give more background.

I totally agree with you on those 'Hell and Back' shorts. I mentioned them a few pages back (not expecting you to catch that), and got a lot out of each of them. It's kind of like when they started doing the Boardwalk Empire post-episode shorts where the creators would talk about what motivated them to take certain actions with characters or stories.

Definitely worth watching if you want to know more about the actors and characters.

I totally agree with you on those 'Hell and Back' shorts. I mentioned them a few pages back (not expecting you to catch that), and got a lot out of each of them. It's kind of like when they started doing the Boardwalk Empire post-episode shorts where the creators would talk about what motivated them to take certain actions with characters or stories.

Definitely worth watching if you want to know more about the actors and characters.

Now that you mention it, I do think I recall you talking about the shorts.

Anyway, they're definitely worth a looksie and it's obvious from watching them that the producers/writers have a solid plan and are hopeful to see the show develop over the 'next few years'. :thumbsup:

As a side note, it's my own speculation but when there are scenes indicating "Zed" isn't here or someone else isn't wherever you'd expect them to be....it's simply them using previously shot footage (from before Liv left) and mixing it with newly shot footage (After Zed joined). In this way they can avoid complete reshoots. Basically anything that looks choppy or out of order (like the Halloween episode (which was originally shot back in July)) is probably so because of the recasting decision. Moving forward I'm sure it's going to get smoother and less convoluted as they explain and give more background.

You may be on to something here.

You may be on to something here.

That dialogue between Constantine and Zed about "Chas" being off somewhere with his family and that she would have to drive seemed a bit out of place.....

Equally a out of place when Zed didn't appear in the Halloween episode and Constantine remarked that Zed was off somewhere doing something.

I picked up on alot of those reshoot cues primarily from watching the unaired pilot vs the aired first episode...where largely everything was the same except for the last 5-10 minutes....where they basically said "Liv's gone...she can't deal with all this nonsense"...BUT she left us this handy-dandy map that has all the blood on it to drive the plot.

There was 'forced' dialogue that seemed hastily re-written to accomodate the cast change. Likewise, there's some of that in each of these re-hashed episodes.

By the way: what's the scoop with that magic cottage that Constantine is holed up in every episode? Firstly: Where is it supposed to be? Georgia?

Secondly: It's purportedly (from the 1st episode) Liv's FATHER'S house...who's now dead.....so I guess nobody owns it. But Constantine seems like he's taken it over, lock, stock and barrel. There's ALL sorts of crazy mess in there, like the helmet of Dr. Fate.....the Ibistick of Ibis the Invincible .....possibly Psychopirate's medusa mask....etc.

So who is this "Jasper Winters" aka Liv's father? Why is he so stocked up on mystical artifacts and how does he have a crib like the Tower of Fate?!!?

I find it a bit hard to believe that there's no info. on this guy.

I'm actually enjoying the show so far. AoS is okay and Flash is okay. I can't watch Green Arrow as it's too much like a tween soap opera for me. But this show is actually somewhat fun. Kind of like X-Files meets superheros. Too bad it's the one that will be most likely get cancelled.

Well since there is a war taking place between Heaven and Hell, I'm hoping to see Etrigan or at least Jason Blood show up in an episode. :wishluck:

:wishluck::wishluck:

I have a feeling if this show can last two seasons (which it deserves to, and then some), we will see characters like this.

Well since there is a war taking place between Heaven and Hell, I'm hoping to see Etrigan or at least Jason Blood show up in an episode. :wishluck:

Or Zauriel? I'd totally mess a brick if he showed up on the scene.

Plus, they did mention Lucifer in a "HELL AND BACK" short...and Fox ordered a pilot for the same.....