• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Constantine TV Trailer

574 posts in this topic

I thought Episode 2 was much better than Episode 1, and really enjoyed the mix of the paranormal with the satanic.

The character Zed really comes across quite well, and seems like she will put John through his paces over the episodes. Good. He needs that!

:sumo:

But overall, I enjoyed it.

:cloud9:

I like it. It makes me want to go buy Hellblazer graphic novels. Cool character. (thumbs u

I thought Episode 2 was much better than Episode 1, and really enjoyed the mix of the paranormal with the satanic.

The character Zed really comes across quite well, and seems like she will put John through his paces over the episodes. Good. He needs that!

:sumo:

But overall, I enjoyed it.

:cloud9:

I like it. It makes me want to go buy Hellblazer graphic novels. Cool character. (thumbs u

Makes me want to rewatch the Keanu film. I just spent hours going through the extras a few months back.

Whoah!

it was a better episode then last week and yes i do think the show is going to start finding it self and the tone it wants. i do like we do see him smoking in some parts.

The ratings will be the key. I notice the ratings for Gotham,The Flash and Constantine continue to drop. I like Constantine but no one seems to be watching. Gotham had a huge debut, but it`s lost almost half it`s audience since then. Something to keep an eye on.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

it was a better episode then last week and yes i do think the show is going to start finding it self and the tone it wants. i do like we do see him smoking in some parts.

The ratings will be the key. I notice the ratings for Gotham,The Flash and Constantine continue to drop. I like Constantine but no one seems to be watching. Gotham had a huge debut, but it`s lost almost half it`s audience since then. Something to keep an eye on.

Constantine ratings tanked in week 2. Maybe it'll bounce back without having to compete with Halloween but it's approaching Dracula (read canceled) levels.

The 2nd episode was much better in pretty much every way. It was a mix of X-Files and Supernatural and it really worked. I even likes the cool intro. Hope they can keep it up.

Ratings overall for Friday being Halloween were donw by 10%.

'Constantine' ratings cursed on Halloween

--------------------

Of course, Friday nights are tough in general, and the Halloween holiday can make it even tougher for shows to draw viewers. Overall TV usage levels last night were down 10 percent from last week when Fox aired Game 3 of the World Series.

--------------------

So for a new show on its second episode, it makes it easy to assume there must be something wrong when this occurs. Episode 2 demonstrated this show has a lot of promise.

The 2nd episode was much better in pretty much every way. It was a mix of X-Files and Supernatural and it really worked. I even likes the cool intro. Hope they can keep it up.

I like Constantine the best out of Gotham, The Flash, Agents of Shield and Arrow. Constantine reminds me of a supernatural Doctor Who. I hope the low ratings are not because Constantine debuted last. A fatigue could be starting to happen. It`s getting hard to devote 5 hours to these shows every week. Superhero Movies are a little different, as the commitment is only 2 hours every few months.

It should be interesting to see how the ratings hold up over the next few months for these TV shows.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

I'm about halfway through the first episode. I'm not sure how I feel about it… A friend from work lent me the first 30 issues of Hellblazer. I'll probably read them soon and maybe I'll have a new appreciation for the show. At the moment, I'm not sure how I feel…

668f2c316d8211506929d9c3d3a2a2f3d65f130d512411d186520e34d559dce7.jpg

:baiting:

The most compelling element is the actor who plays Constantine. He did a nice job and I'd consider watching it again.

The big issue for me is that the wife won't like it. I don't watch a lot of television without her and if we both don't like it we don't watch it. I like the supernatural and can deal with the creepy stuff. Her… not so much.

Well if you saw the first episode and didn't like it, presumably that's part of the equation that made them switch out the leading lady for Zed.

If you saw the second episode and were lukewarm about it, that's understandable because they attempted to reboot the series with the second epsiode...making that the REAL first episode IMO.

First-ish episodes are always a bit on the 'left something to be desired' side simply because they're trying to establish the initial framework of the series.

I thought the way they handled the "Liv" left the show stuff was pretty slapdash, but I can undestand them not wanting to rewrite the whole episode and start from scratch. They had to fit her departure into the show and make it make sense. It felt very 'tacked on' and it was obviously a means to an end. Now that she's gone and Zed appears to have much more chemistry with Constantine, I'm sure they can develop the story more fully. They can generate more interest in the characters and grow a devoted following.

These are obviously growing pains that many shows have in common. If you think I'm wrong, take a look at the earliest Family Guy or Simpson's episodes and you'll see what I mean. It looks antiquated and radically different than their more modern equivalents. The jokes and dialogue appear more rigid and lack the air of creativity that has evolved over time. The same can be said for almost every show that exists.

Anyway, I liked the pace of the second episode a bit more and I'm expecting better things to come. I'm in for the long haul with this one. :)

I'm about halfway through the first episode. I'm not sure how I feel about it… A friend from work lent me the first 30 issues of Hellblazer. I'll probably read them soon and maybe I'll have a new appreciation for the show. At the moment, I'm not sure how I feel…

A few good stories in that run (#11 & 27 come to mind) but not the best group of books from the series. I consider them a necessary evil until the series get's rolling when Ennis takes over as writer.

They need to shoot more of the show at night.

Episode 2 killed the atmosphere with him sneaking around a tractor, in an open gravel pit, in broad daylight.

I'm willing to give it a long rope.

There were a lot of great shows that I was lukewarm on in the first few episodes.

Like Rome. It was a drag for the first few, but then it really took off.