• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Constantine TV Trailer

574 posts in this topic

Well since there is a war taking place between Heaven and Hell, I'm hoping to see Etrigan or at least Jason Blood show up in an episode. :wishluck:

Or Zauriel? I'd totally mess a brick if he showed up on the scene.

Plus, they did mention Lucifer in a "HELL AND BACK" short...and Fox ordered a pilot for the same.....

Zauriel would be a nice surprise! (thumbs u

The show could even delve into John's ancestors and we could see Lady Constantine. hm

So much potential for this show if done right.

CONSTANTINE Season 1, Episode 8 Clips; "The Saint Of Last Resorts"

---------------------

In the next episode of NBC's Constantine, John (Matt Ryan) heads to a convent located in Mexico City to help out an old friend of his, Sister Anne Marie. Apparently, a demon or some other type of evil entity is causing trouble and it will require digging up a baby's placenta, which had been buried for good luck. Though, it seems to have had the opposite effect.

---------------------

Interview with CONSTANTINE Star Matt Ryan

---------------------

VOK: You mentioned that episode four really pinned down what the show should be. With that in mind, what should Constantine be?

MATT RYAN: I think it’s the juxtaposition of the balance between it being a very dark and serious story, but the tone being able to maneuver within that. And the humor and the wit being set against that. It’s those two things that make the show unique; you’ve got the central character cracking a joke in the middle of something that’s really [frick]ing serious. I think that earlier on, as an actor, I found the character had a little more dark humor. But if the stories are based in that reality and the stakes are so high because there’s all this serious stuff going on, then you can have John being John and counteracting it with humor. That dry humor works really well. And what I think was also great about episode four is that it was personal for John. You’ve got an old friend coming back and the situation is brought to him. In the comic he always stumbles across things, and I think that early on it was kind of John going out to find it and hunt it down for hopefully a chance for redemption. Later on, though, it comes to him, and I think that’s more in the Hellblazer game.

---------------------

I really like this guy.

:applause:

I actually like this show the best, out of all the DC shows on tv. I was never a fan of the hellblazer books so, I don't know how true to the books it is, therefore I have nothing to judge it against. I also didn't have any expectations for it, I just hoped it would be a good show. I have been pleasantly surprised so far.

It looks like Friday's episode experienced a boost in ratings.

CONSTANTINE Sees A Rise in Ratings With Last Night's Episode

----------------------

After last night's episode “Saints Of Last Resorts” Constantine has seen it's best ratings since November 21. With a rating of 1.0/3 the Friday night show saw an increase of 25% among adults 18-49 from last week’s low. While the series future is still uncertain it is currently set to return early next year to see the remaining 5-episodes of its 13-episode run.

----------------------

And the road ahead looks quite interesting if they can keep this show going.

I'm only half way thru this episode and it's great. I'm loving this series way more than the recent Doctor Who which is saying a lot since I love Doctor Who. The only complaint I have is it's hard to watch on the weekends I have my daughter - too much violence for an 11 year old.

Looks like the network finally got over their smoking jitters. A lot of the last episode showed Constantine lighting up and smoking casually. It's a huge departure from their prior ban on demonstrating physical smoking and it's a lot more than a vague ornamentation in the foreground.

Good to see they aren't bowing to pressure and they're trying to stick to their guns regarding a more true depiction of the character.:

constantine_smoking.jpg

I noticed that in Friday's epi as well.

Oh, yeah -

jGjKYqG.jpg

:lol:

-slym

lol...just went back and spoiler-ed it....

It seems that the writers/producers/actors have a real love for the material and are at least actively attempting to bring the fans an experience that doesn't leave them feeling left out. The behind the scenes stuff shows that a lot of thought goes into their decisions, even if it doesn't translate effortlessly.