• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Constantine TV Trailer

574 posts in this topic

Now if only NBC executives have the willingness to tough it out as this show's fanbase grows.

Constantine TV ratings

-------------------

On NBC, Constantine earned a 0.8 adults 18-49 rating at 8PM, down from its last original's 1.0 adults 18-49 rating, which aired at 10PM. Grimm earned a 1.2, down a tenth from its last original's 1.3 adults 18-49 rating. Dateline notched a 1.0, down a tenth from last week's 1.1 adults 18-49 rating.

-------------------

I'm hoping the drop was due to regular viewers not realizing this had changed from 10 PM to 8 PM, and we will see an increase next week.

:wishluck:

EW: CONSTANTINE ratings slip as NBC expresses doubts about renewal

--------------------

Last night’s winter break return of Constantine saw the series fall to 3.1 million viewers and a 0.8 rating among adults 18-49 in its new earlier 8 p.m. time slot. That’s down 20 percent the drama’s last original episode in December.

--------------------

:(

And with those executive comments a few days ago about this not being Batman or The Flash - like they picked the wrong character - the news is not looking good so far.

And with those executive comments a few days ago about this not being Batman or The Flash - like they picked the wrong character

It was pretty obvious they gave up when they said that. This show would have worked if it was grittier and spookier (X-Files). I found it too polished and cliched from the pilot (possessed red eyes were scary in '68 with Rosemary's Baby). I think they were trying to hard to appear comic-booky instead of building a better atmosphere (which might have been more expensive, see Locke & Key).

Even though I didn't care for it myself, I'm sorry for you (the fans) loss. :(

I'm pretty confident another network like Scifi will pick it up and give it a try. The show is really good for people who like supernatural stuff.

I'm pretty confident another network like Scifi will pick it up and give it a try. The show is really good for people who like supernatural stuff.
I was thinking ION myself. Their network has been rerunning some edgy, yet routine crime series and continuing cancelled ones (Flashpoint, The Listener, etc).

Matt Ryan's CONSTANTINE Hunts For David S. Goyer In DC's New Claymation Short

------------------

Featuring nods to both the show's uncertain future, as well as elements from within the series, the short shows Ryan's Constantine on the hunt for two missing executives, who have been kidnapped by 'The Rising Darkness'. Their names? Why, it's showrunners Daniel Cerone and David S. Goyer of course!

------------------

I just want to say that I personally feel NBC let this show down in a bit way.

I watch NBC during the week and they did practically NO advertising for Constantine. There was barely any information about it's new time or even when the mid-season would continue.

They have treated this show like the proverbial red-headed stepchild for reasons unknown.

They needed to hammer the ads like they did for Hannibal. I can remember seeing an ad for that show multiple times per day and evening in primetime. So much so that it was practically annoying.

With Constantine it seems like they wanted it dead from the get-go.

I can see NO reason whatsoever that GRIMM does better in the ratings than Constantine...especially if Constantine airs either before or after that show.

The demographics are almost identical for the audiences and you'd think those folks would be eager for more supernatural goodness.

I'm not sure what stick is up the asses of NBC but they've gotta ACT like they want something to succeed if that's the case.

As far as the actors and crew of Constantine, I can't hold them culpable. They clearly seem like they love the material and doing the show. They were given a hard time and did an exemplary job. If the show gets cancelled it's not for lack of their trying for sure. I do hold the NBC execs accountable and they know they could do a better job of promoting Constantine.

I just want to say that I personally feel NBC let this show down in a bit way.

I watch NBC during the week and they did practically NO advertising for Constantine. There was barely any information about it's new time or even when the mid-season would continue.

They have treated this show like the proverbial red-headed stepchild for reasons unknown.

They needed to hammer the ads like they did for Hannibal. I can remember seeing an ad for that show multiple times per day and evening in primetime. So much so that it was practically annoying.

With Constantine it seems like they wanted it dead from the get-go.

I can see NO reason whatsoever that GRIMM does better in the ratings than Constantine...especially if Constantine airs either before or after that show.

The demographics are almost identical for the audiences and you'd think those folks would be eager for more supernatural goodness.

I'm not sure what stick is up the asses of NBC but they've gotta ACT like they want something to succeed if that's the case.

As far as the actors and crew of Constantine, I can't hold them culpable. They clearly seem like they love the material and doing the show. They were given a hard time and did an exemplary job. If the show gets cancelled it's not for lack of their trying for sure. I do hold the NBC execs accountable and they know they could do a better job of promoting Constantine.

You make some really good points about how NBC pretty much treated this like much about nothing.

Between Constantine and Grimm, they could have advertised this as FRIGHTENING FRIDAY or something much more catchy about how these shows play off of one another. But nothing.

That is really sad.

It's looking like only another channel can save the show - shame really, was enjoying it.

I've been meaning to check back on this thread to see if the show had been picked up for next season or is heading toward being canned after seeing Supernatural get picked up an 11th season.

Jesus, Supernatural has been drearily milking their exhausted universe for years now. The first few seasons were pretty good - a sort of Hellblazer-lite with a pair of male models replacing our antihero - but it's jumped the shark six or seven times by now. I can't imagine how it warrants an 11th season when Constantine is struggling.

Constantine is far from as good as it should be, but it's definitely less coma-inducing than Supernatural at this point.

I can't find the article now, but I distinctly remember when NBC got the rights to Constantine there was a clause that they would be fined x amt. of dollars if they didn't develop the show to air.

That I guess was to prevent the show from staying in development hell for a protracted period of time.

Maybe the NBC execs resented that sort of thing and decided to do whatever they had to just to ensure it didn't cost them a lot of $ instead of fully getting behind the project.

Who knows. What's apparent is that they put the show at possibly the worst timeslot, gave it no attention whatsoever and failed to let it thrive by throttling back the ads that could have given it a footing.

Way to go NBC. :applause:

You make some really good points about how NBC pretty much treated this like much about nothing.

Between Constantine and Grimm, they could have advertised this as FRIGHTENING FRIDAY or something much more catchy about how these shows play off of one another. But nothing.

That is really sad.

Too bad they didn't have this show out before or on Halloween, like TWD.

'Constantine' TV Series Might Not Be Cancelled After All; NBC Official Says Renewal Still In Discussion

-------------------

Charles Halford, who plays Constantine's assistant and old friend Chas Handler, is also one of the latest to attest "Constantine" TV series will get a second season. In fact, he promised that there is more to come for the show.

"I think we've made 13 good hours of television. I believe, firmly, there is plenty more to come. But it has been a good ride," Halford said in an interview with Blastr.

"It took us a couple episodes to find our footing, but as we did that, as the season progressed, it's obvious. It has already been shown from episode three or four and on, it has become more serialized and character-driven. You get to learn more of the inner workings of the characters and their relationships. The uniqueness of the characters and dynamics are there -- and the originality."

"Constantine is the O.G.; this is a comic that ran nearly 30 years. We're obviously not going to run the show for 30 years, but we can run it for a while. The stories are there."

-------------------

:wishluck:

Bosco, I sincerely hope that their optimism is met with success.

It sure seems like NBC wanted to desperately shoot this show in the foot and then kick it in the balls.

I dig the cast and agree that things are still developing, but you know how cutthroat television is.......if you don't perform it's typically off to the glue factory.

CONSTANTINE Exclusive Interview with HAROLD PERRINEAU

------------------

VOICES FROM KRYPTON: Production wise, have you been impressed with what they've accomplished on the show? I think the show's had quite a scope to it, frankly.

HAROLD PERRINEAU: I understand how pilots go, they have to establish a lot of things, especially with a franchise like Constantine. But I've been really excited about the look of the show from the beginning. It feels small, almost like indie films, but I've loved our production, our special effects team. They've done an amazing job.

VOICES FROM KRYPTON: If you're telling an audience to watch this show, what would you describe as its power? Why should they be watching Constantine?

HAROLD PERRINEAU: If you don't like the supernatural genre, then you shouldn't watch it. But if you do, and you like stories about the possible way that humans and spirits deal with each other; about forces that may be dealing with each other in the world around you when you can't explain mess or what may be happening, that's a reason to watch it. And to watch this one guy, this human being, not a superhero, this smart dude deal with all of these forces swirling around us all the time. It's just a fun ride.

------------------

harold-constantine.jpg

Perrineau quit Z-Nation for Constantine - Z-Nation gets season 2 , Constantine is on life support.

I hope the latest news on Constantine is a sign of a re-think.