• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Constantine TV Trailer

574 posts in this topic

I take that as good news. NBC could easily justify cancelling it based on the numbers but for them to wait a bit is a good thing to me.

You're right, in that there is a silver lining to the news. It is better than the news the previous week where the NBC executives were already sounding like the axe had dropped.

sweet, i love this show, Flash is too Dawson's Creek for me, and I just havent been able to get into Gotham. This, Arrow, and the Marvel shows are all I watch on TV.

The delay to May means there is at least a chance. If they do cancel it, I could see it going to someone like Netflix. Networks need to realize that the content you own and can stream is as important as your real-time ratings.

As more and mroe people stop watching TV, you need quality content people will seek out, that only you have. Content is king, and Constantine comes with a large devoted cult following. That's something a replacement show can never bring.

But this show isn't Supernatural. Some viewers of Constantine have never seen one episode of Supernatural. Trust me on that.

:)

-slym

I have about three seasons on DVD of Supernatural and haven't watched one episode yet. lol

Only seen the promos here and there.

Heh - yeah, I have no interest in Supernatural, but I've seen every episode of COnstantine, and want there to be a season 2.

Imagine that...

:D

-slym

I heard Supernatural was good. I haven`t watched it yet because it`s ten seasons.

I don`t think I could commit to something that long.

I heard it`s great though, as my friends rave about it.

Heh - yeah, I have no interest in Supernatural, but I've seen every episode of COnstantine, and want there to be a season 2.

Imagine that...

:D

-slym

I heard Supernatural was good. I haven`t watched it yet because it`s ten seasons.

I don`t think I could commit to something that long.

I heard it`s great though, as my friends rave about it.

I really enjoyed through Season 6. Season 7 I find kind of crappy. 8 was rather meh as well. I found myself enjoying season 9 again though. Not as strong as it was but better than a lot of on TV.

Save Constantine! Call NBC Chairman Robert Greenblatt!

--------------------

Now NBC has actually set up a voicemail for Constantine as anyone calling in and asking to speak to NBC chairman Robert Greenblatt regarding Constantine Season 2 will be forwarded to a voice mail.

You can then leave your thoughts about the show and suggestions.

Update: It appears the call-in campaign is not officially approved by NBC, so we took down the number and information.

--------------------

It turns out someone tracked down Greenblatt's office number, and posted it as if he wanted to hear directly from viewers on their thoughts concerning Constantine.

:ohnoez:

Constantine Cancelled Or Renewed for Season 2?

With a renewal decision still pending, exec producer Daniel Cerone talks up the time-slot performance of Constantine vs NBC’s airing of a Law & Order repeat, which scored a 0.6 key demo rating, below Constantine‘s average.

bMx5n8s.png

:applause:

I've said this before, but I can't seem to find the article referencing it:

NBC had a contract with a clause in it that required them to develop Constantine for television. If they bought the rights and failed to develop or air it they had a huge monetary penalty to pay out as specified by that contract.

DC/WB did that deliberately to avoid Constantine from languishing in development hell.

My personal thought is that someone in the upper echelon of NBC didn't like having the money screw turned on them, so they went through the motions and 'developed' the show and aired it as required. But they did no more than that....a very nominal and base effort at best. They didn't advertise the show nearly as much as the other nonsense they air, they put Constantine on arguably the worst time slot ever and then plagued the show with announcements that further served to erode the fanbase confidence. The worst thing they've done so far is let the fate of this show be ambiguous, which is yet another way to let the air out of the sails especially in light of the fact Cerone already mentioned other stuff that sucks is getting play while Constantine gets the red-headed stepchild treatment.

The whole thing wreaks of professional level spite. NBC did what they were contractually supposed to do, but they kicked, screamed and complained the whole way through and in the 11th hour they're keeping the cards close to their vest.

Even if they bring the show back, which may or may not be a good thing on that network (I'm hoping the Syfy rumors WEREN'T rumors in spite of what the execs. at Syfy say) they really did a number on it from numerous perspectives.

If anyone has a link to that article I eluded to (NBC's monetary penalty for not developing Constantine) I'd love to see it posted again here. For whatever reason it seems to have been scrubbed or just difficult to find again.

I hope the show gets renewed, it's kinda grown on me.

Also, cuz I've got plenty of Hellblazer books to sell.

I've got a newsstand Swamp Thing #25, 9.8 candidate that I'm going to submit to at the ECCC this month....

....and I also have nearly a complete run of the original Hellblazer....300+ issues.... that I was going to put up on eBay at around $300 + shipping, ,once I pick up the handful of issues I'm missing.

Eff you NBC.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

CONSTANTINE Reportedly Canceled by NBC

Matt Ryan's portrayal of the titular occultist has become a fan-favorite casting in recent years. However, his acting clearly hasnt helped get the ratings higher. It's no secret that after Constantine's abrupt production halt last year didn't look good for the show. With rumors of moving the show to Syfy, another network buying it, and the obvious cancelation, it looks as if it's fate has been decided. It has recently been confirmed that the show has been canceled by NBC. There is no word yet on if it will be moved to SyFy but I honestly wouldn't hold my breath.