• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Constantine TV Trailer

574 posts in this topic

Interesting approach, if this turns out to be accurate.

NBC Moving CONSTANTINE To SyFy? Rebranding Series As HELLBLAZER?

--------------------

Now a new rumor coming from Cinelinx is saying that NBC is not yet ready to throw in the towel for Constantine and are looking for ways to keep the show alive. According to their sources one very possible idea being thrown around amongst the show-heads is moving the series over to sister channel SyFy, an idea thrown around by many fans as well, and rebranding it as Hellblazer.

Now if this does indeed happen the only thing changing would be the name and channel as the same cast would be kept. Also moving the series over to SyFy would give the show a little more freedom to explore the daker aspect of the comics, something many fans think a network like NBC wouldn't allow.

--------------------

:wishluck::wishluck::wishluck:

And here is that Cinelinx article it references.

HERE'S HOW NBC IS TRYING TO KEEP CONSTANTINE GOING

--------------------

Despite the low numbers, NBC's Constantine show has a very active and rabid fan base. When word about the series' production halt came about, the internet was flooded with #SaveConstantine posts and hope for the future. Sadly, things haven't been looking all that good. Recently NBC announced a wave of show renewals for their channel and the DC Comics show was nowhere to be seen. So is all hope lost for this show? Maybe not...

I've heard from a couple of sources now that NBC doesn't really want to give up on Constantine and are actively searching for ways to keep the show going.

--------------------

I do hope this is true.

I hope the rumor is indeed a real idea. I think SyFy is doing a great job with its programming so far, and are doing an excellent job of producing "12 Monkeys". It's one of my favorite shows at the moment. So Constantine being a bit darker and deeply working the stories closer to the comics would work out perfectly on SyFy, as they aren't too concerned with cussing and gratuitous nudity (see "Dominion" for VERY GOOD reference to that).

Moving to SyFy would be awesome. Rebranding the show name an even better idea as well.

Incidentally, I NEVER watch Grimm. But after Constantine I gave it a looksee for and giggles. Whereas I'm not really interested in that show I did notice that THEIR special effects and sets were definitely a notch above what I typically see in Constantine production. They really do need to step up their game with just the simple cgc effects. The monsters look better and the potions or magic definitely are a bit more captivating and fun to look at.

I'm hoping somewhere along the line they beef everything visual up a bit.

Beyond that, I dig the news of transition and continuation if that's for real.

Season (or series) finale tonight folks. I wish there was some more definitive info. about the status of this show. With NBC's ambivalent stance on it I'm sure it didn't help make folks tune in.

Well formally (and sarcastically) I'd like to thank NBC for: putting Constantine on the proverbial back burner and treating it like a red-headed stepchild.

In spite of your horrid lack of advertising, placing Constantine in unfavorable time slots, making unreasonable demands relating to content (ie-early portrayals of smoking) and basically being all around corporate monkeys...there ARE fans out there that are loyal.

What a dark yet wonderful episode. If NBC kills this show without finding a way to continue on, it would be a real shame.

That ending was a surprise for me. I didn't see that coming.

Manny is the darkness?

CONSTANTINE: Matt Ryan Talks Season Finale Reveals And Season 2 Potential

-------------------

IGN: If the show does come back for a Season 2, do you have any ideas about what sort of stories will be told?

Ryan: I don't know for sure, but there's been some talk. I mean we're always talking and I always talk to Daniel [Cerone] and David [Goyer] about what else we could adapt from the comic books. One storyline I'd love to see in there is "The Family Man" storyline. That's something that we could do if we came back for a second season. That's not to say that that story's in the cards, by the way, because obviously that's their job and my job is to play the part. But there are so many great storylines that I'd love to explore and I think this show has huge potential for many seasons to come given the great source material we have.

IGN: Their were rumors recently that the show could possibly move to Syfy, if NBC doesn't renew it. Have you heard anything about that?

Ryan: Heh, I heard that news when you heard it, man. [Laughs] I was like "Oh, really? Is that something that could happen?" I mean, hopefully, that would be cool if it means that we get to continue exploring this world with these great characters and great stories. But I know just as much as you do right now. But fingers crossed.

-------------------

:wishluck::wishluck::wishluck:

CONSTANTINE's 'Waiting For The Man' Review WITH SPOILERS

-------------------

In the end, John saved Vesta and convinced Jim the monster didn't deserve to live. That was rough, but it didn't surprise me; it was justice for those poor girls. Zed came clean with Jim about her vision; again, I hope we get to see The Spectre next season.

The real surprise was Manny's betrayal. A great job was done misleading us when it came to Manny. Did you expect Manny to be evil? If the brujeria work for him, so does that make Manny the devil? All questions for a potential Season 2, so make it happen NBC or Syfy! The show's loyal audience will follow Constantine anywhere. You can bet your ratings on that.

-------------------

I'm still surprised I didn't see the Manny reveal coming. I questioned his intentions in the beginning. But over time, I just assumed he was working in the shadows and needed John to do the real work.

I wan't surprised with John making the call about the killer, and making it clear he had to go. Now that was a different type show compared to SUPERNATURAL.

TV Ratings Friday: 'Constantine' Finishes Flat

-------------------

On NBC, the season (series?) finale of Constantine matched last week's 0.8 adults 18-49 rating. Grimm notched a 1.1, down a tenth from last week's 1.2 adults 18-49 rating. Dateline scored a 1.0, down a tenth from last week's 1.1 adults 18-49 rating.

-------------------

Ca3Gpp9.jpg

TV Ratings Friday: 'Constantine' Finishes Flat

-------------------

On NBC, the season (series?) finale of Constantine matched last week's 0.8 adults 18-49 rating. Grimm notched a 1.1, down a tenth from last week's 1.2 adults 18-49 rating. Dateline scored a 1.0, down a tenth from last week's 1.1 adults 18-49 rating.

-------------------

Ca3Gpp9.jpg

will be a miracle if this is renewed with those #'s.

CONSTANTINE Not Moving To SYFY; Finale Big Twitter Hit

---------------------

Though the demo rating didn't grow the season finale rose 6% from in total viewers to 3.13 million. The final episode of the season was also a big twitter trend Friday night with both "Papa Midnite" and "#ConstantineFinale" trending in both the U.S. and worldwide trends, along with the fact the season finale managed to get second place in the Nielsen Twitter TV ratings.

---------------------

So not all is lost yet. Social media may help this move forward.