• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Constantine TV Trailer

574 posts in this topic

Well that's all fine and dandy. NBC can go ahead and cancel Constantine if that's what they've gotta do. Having said that, there's NOTHING else I watch on that godforsaken channel ATM. Without Hannibal I've got absolutely no reason to tune in and I'm sure that show is going to eventually jump the shark so whatever.

In the 21st century with torrents and iTunes and on-demand, etc. there's a lot more to viewership that Nielsen ratings. Let NBC keep making executive decisions based on 1950's technology and sensibilities. That sounds like a SOLID idea... lol

Maybe we can goto a sock-hop and grab a root-beer at the drive-in as well?

Come on - I'm a huge Hellblazer fan and was really excited about this show, but the fact of the matter is that it's just not that great. It's not terribly bad, either, it just seems like it's not bringing anything new to the table that hasn't already been done on the last 10 seasons of Supernatural ...

The only reason I'm still watching is because of Matt Ryan - that was a great casting choice, but he still can't save the middling, been-there-seen-that-before storylines.

:shrug:

Considering how much of a crossover there is between the shows & with Supernatural still being on air after 10 seasons (and having been renewed for next year as well), I'm pretty certain I'm not the only feeling this sense of deja vu.

The only reason I'm still watching is because of Matt Ryan - that was a great casting choice, but he still can't save the middling, been-there-seen-that-before storylines.

Yes, he has done fine work, like Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior (13 episodes and done). hm

I happen to like Supernatural and I think it covers similar yet different ground.

That said it's always going to be an issue dealing with 'supernatural' stuff and NOT comparing it to Supernatural the television show. In fact even Family Guy and South Park have spoofed themselves as well as The Simpsons for doing much the same. I think there's an old saying "There's nothing new under the Sun".

Anyway, I digress. In spite of the characteristic storylines developed for all these shows....I happen to really enjoy seeing the incarnation of one of my favorite comic characters. Do the story lines blow me away? No, of course not. Even if they did a line by line translation of the most insane comic story arcs it still wouldn't blow me out of the water because I've already read it.

They'd have to do something entirely novel which is practically impossible and especially so given the corporate mentality of NBC.

At any rate, it's not worse than any of the other stuff they push onto the unwashed masses....and it has the potential to be much better given enough time.

Constantine is really a subject matter for let's say a primetime SHOWTIME or HBO slot. Then they could really delve into the character in a way that would be creatively challenging. Doesn't anyone remember the made for adults Spawn cartoon years back? Blend that with a bit of Penny Dreadful and you've got yourself a show and a half.

I guess I'm just dreaming.....I should be happy they got this far on NBC given the circumstances.

I finally got my wife to watch an episode and she really liked it. The episodes unfortunately seem kind of one dimensional compared to other shows. I'm catching up on Shield and Flash and both shows have such good character development and a plot line that really draws you in. I'm really hoping Constantine continues to grown in that direction.

I got to see the Friday episode today. I loved it!!

I loved the engagement between John and Ritchie Simpson, including in the end their bond was so strong Ritchie came back.

If this show goes away, it would be a shame.

With regards to the last two posts....

The character development definitely got a boost with the last episode for sure. You see more of the Newcastle bond and actually see John mend a few fences.

Can't wait to see Manny get some fleshy action next time around....looks like a hoot.

Dang it!

2014-2015 TV Show Season Ratings

17. Gotham (renewed), FOX, 2.43, 6.59

37. Marvel's Agents of SHIELD, ABC, 1.70, 4.77

40. Marvel's Agent Carter, ABC, 1.67, 5.89

79. The Flash (renewed), CW, 1.50, 3.98

86. Constantine, NBC, 0.95, 3.37

NBC so dropped the ball with this show in giving it the marketing support it deserves.

Dang it!

NBC so dropped the ball with this show in giving it the marketing support it deserves.

And yet,

92. Supernatural (renewed), CW, 0.92, 2.28

Dang it!

I find it interesting that the Flash`s rating are not much higher then Constantine, but the Flash is considered a hit.

I guess it pays to get a show on CW.

ABC won't (probably) drop Agents of SHIELD, due to ABC being owned by Disney and the fact that they can tie-in Avengers 2 to it and run loads of promos non stop upon it's release (see CA: Winter Soldier). After that... meh

This will further prove that this series is just a product if they drop it afterwards. My 2c

OUCH!

Established show maybe?

It's already all set for syndication after four seasons. Not knowing anything from it, I'm just assuming costs might have been cut here and there, if the stars are executive producing now (see Smallville) and people are doing grass-roots campaigns keeping it afloat. I have never watched an episode of it so far, but bought Season 9 on Black Friday for $5 on DVD because I saw Olivia Ryan Stern wearing daisy dukes or something in a promo.

Dang it!

And yet,

92. Supernatural (renewed), CW, 0.92, 2.28

It's the 3rd most popular show on the CW - right after Arrow. Constantine just barely breaks into the top 20 on NBC.