• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Constantine TV Trailer

574 posts in this topic

The cancellation was inevitable. Networks don't resurrect shows they're on the fence about. It will be interesting to see if it gets picked up another network, but the odds are pretty low.

There was some things to like about the show and some things to dislike, but overall I think it was worth continuing.

I don't see anyone picking this show up at this point though, it simply doesn't have a sufficient following to demand such an action.

RIP :(

I expected this a week ago. Usually they don`t have a long wait.

The longer the wait means most likely a show gets cancelled.

What a shame. I think Warner is probably thinking why keep Constantine going when we have a similar show like Supernatural?

Yeah, Netflix. :wishluck: Networks really need to update their model for evaluating new shows. :screwy:

I'm an older viewer and I stopped watching shows as they air about three years back. It's just more enjoyable to wait until a "season" is complete and then test-view it. And that trend is probably stronger among younger viewers who use devices more than TVs.

Maybe let shows like Constantine, with decent reviews and modest followings, go to DVD and Netflix for the summer, allow a following to develop before pulling the plug on what might be a hit.

Constantine Trends And Gets Celebrity Backing

OgJDL4B.png

Of all the new series announced, none of them got the social media coverage as did the cancellation of Constantine. It trended nationwide on Twitter and by Friday night it was the top trending topic. There was also support for the series being picked up by another network or streaming service in the form of Stephen Amell, Joseph Morgan and William Shatner all pledging to guest star on the series if it returns.

Collectively those three gentlemen have just under 5 million followers on twitter.

I just think this show doesn't need "stunt casting of the week" to make it. It's not The Love Boat afterall, it's Costantine! It's just too bad it got cancelled as it was slowly finding it's comfortable narrative. Blame the demands of being in one of the top three networks and having to have to show ratings (good luck to CBS's Supergirl). It would have most likely settled in with an audience at a lesser network that would have been hungry for a low-costing funnybook licensed show.

I just think this show doesn't need "stunt casting of the week" to make it. It's not The Love Boat afterall, it's Costantine! It's just too bad it got cancelled as it was slowly finding it's comfortable narrative. Blame the demands of being in one of the top three networks and having to have to show ratings (good luck to CBS's Supergirl). It would have most likely settled in with an audience at a lesser network that would have been hungry for a low-costing funnybook licensed show.

I would expect they get at least two seasons out of Supergirl just because Supergirl is more mainstream friendly, and they can sell more Supergirl merchandise than Constantine.

I would expect they get at least two seasons out of Supergirl just because Supergirl is more mainstream friendly, and they can sell more Supergirl merchandise than Constantine.

I was going by the memory of the height of 1989's Batmania, and yet CBS's expensive ($1 million an episode) take on The Flash never took off running enough for a second season. I love the Supergirl character and love the casting of Melissa (and yes... the merchandising is there for books, costumes, etc), yet... I have my doubts it will make it to a second season with an expensive TV budget. I see a huge audience for the pilot (Captain Obvious here lol ) and a gradual decline in numbers. :(

Constantine just needs to be on any other night than a Friday, and move it to a 9pm time slot. The show itself has been fine from the get-go.

Great show. If they had it on CW it would have been considered a modest hit.

It had a bad time slot, and a network that didn`t know what to do with it.

We are talking NBC the network that was not only stupid enough to cancel the original Star Trek, but somehow let another network like CBS own the rights to Star Trek.

One thing to consider too is that we all can admit that audiences didn't want to take the journey of a series to see John's soul saved.

Look back at some of the more lengthy running funnybook TV shows like Smallville (Clark's journey into becoming the Man of Steel) or The Incredible Hulk (Bill Bixby's race for a cure).

If they get back on their feet again, they might want to try a new angle (past continuity be damned!) for the character to better connect with the mainstream. My 2c

One thing to consider too is that we all can admit that audiences didn't want to take the journey of a series to see John's soul saved.

Look back at some of the more lengthy running funnybook TV shows like Smallville (Clark's journey into becoming the Man of Steel) or The Incredible Hulk (Bill Bixby's race for a cure).

If they get back on their feet again, they might want to try a new angle (past continuity be damned!) for the character to better connect with the mainstream. My 2c

They easily could give John Constantine a young female protege to mentor and protect, ala his roll in Books of Magic w/Timothy Hunter. Show her the sorcerer-ing ropes around the DCMU, lots of magical guest-characters. Teenage angst, defiance, humor, a tender moment or two, death, destruction and consequences.

Works for Harry Dresden.

They easily could give John Constantine a young female protege to mentor and protect, ala his roll in Books of Magic w/Timothy Hunter. Show her the sorcerer-ing ropes around the DCMU, lots of magical guest-characters. Teenage angst, defiance, humor, a tender moment or two, death, destruction and consequences.

Works for Harry Dresden.

(thumbs u

Works for Harry Dresden.

I wouldn't watch it, but it'd probably pick up more viewers.

I'm just going to go back and read my Hellblazer TPBs, I'm thinking that is the only place I'm going to be able to get my Constantine fix.