• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone have experience with Mile High Comics ebay store?

41 posts in this topic

Well, they are the utter knobheads of the comic retail world, so if you manage to get out of the deal with the shirt still on your back, I'd consider it a win. (thumbs u

Truer words were never spoken. lol

I use them exclusively for hardcovers, trades, etc. And when I had problems with one large order of hardcovers, they were quite good at communicating with me and getting it straightened out.

But I learned a long time ago (pre-eBay) there's no point in ordering a "Comics Book" (as they always list it) from them.

Any seller that can't be bothered to provide a scan for 4 figure books or even a description beyond the grade, shouldn't be getting anyone's business, especially if they have a reputation for sloppy grading. Even if you're just buying $1 filler books off them, where a stock image would be excusable, you are encouraging their shoddy business practices. I'd buy from Robert Beerbohm before I'd buy from MHC, and that's not likely to happen anytime soon either.

Use it for either a trade or HC or new back issue. Older back issues (even as recent as Copper) can be a crapshoot.

I haven't bought anything from them in years. I was actually blacklisted (as were a number of boardies) and may still be. I'd never buy a Bronze or older from them. Their grading is atrocious. So many other sellers out there that are so much better and more "deserving" of my money.

I actually needed a comic for a set and bought it from them since it was under $2. Of course, 3 weeks later, no tracking number, updates, and all messages have been ignored.

My first and last transaction with these guys.

Use it for either a trade or HC or new back issue. Older back issues (even as recent as Copper) can be a crapshoot.

I haven't bought anything from them in years. I was actually blacklisted (as were a number of boardies) and may still be. I'd never buy a Bronze or older from them. Their grading is atrocious. So many other sellers out there that are so much better and more "deserving" of my money.

See, that is where they screwed up. I dont have to use it in their store. They flat out just deposited $20 into my paypal accpunt. I can now buy from any seller. Thwy also said that is what they will be doing for my next credit as well. Im just gonna use it to finally get TWD Compendium 2.

Mile High is run by Ronald MacDonald and the staff is the Colorado 3rd grade classes.

This first time I bought from them, in 1981, through the mail, one of the books I ordered was out of stock UXMN #101. I should have gotten the hint back then. Their eBay is their stores' inventory. If it sells in the store before you buy it it is out of stock. They will hold up your orders for weeks looking in all of their stores, or waiting for it to walk through the door, to find what you ordered. Then, you have to contact them to find that out.

They have horrible packaging. The staff doesn't care. They are a, "no fault" company. Nothing is ever their fault and if you complain, instead of fixing the problem they make hearing about it go away by blocking you.

They have lied to me as to when they will send my orders out. Lied about what they are sending.

This is one company that I will highly recommend that you stay away from if you value what you are ordering and your sanity.

I have made a few ebay purchase from them recently and I found the prices very good and the comics in pretty good condition. The prices on eBay appear to be better than their online shop. All the comics were modern or copper. So can't speak for silver or bronze selection or grading. Shipping does take a few more days than my comicshop but overall happy with the service.

I never deal with them because they not use actual scans of the books , i simply cannot trust them

My comic shop are the same as big as them and they upload the actual scans

This

I'll be hunting on Ebay, see what looks like a nice book, and then I realize it's a stock scan from mile high, and just keep moving along.

But if you're looking for someone who will price a Fine "Comics Book" at twice the near mint fair market value, and that Fine will actually be a VG-, then you really have nowhere else to turn.

:roflmao:

-slym

I avoid them like the plague. Bad customer service and too many anti-comic collector shenanigans to trust. I think I bought a book from them in the 80s and didn't feel treated as a valued buyer in the process. I think only the cheap non-discerning buyers are who're keeping them in business now.

But if you're looking for someone who will price a Fine "Comics Book" at twice the near mint fair market value, and that Fine will actually be a VG-, then you really have nowhere else to turn.

:roflmao: