• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
55 55

8,647 posts in this topic

Ok, I believe OP made this thread in 2014 long before the chat board was revamped.  I don't see the link is being used for the updates by adding the eBay IDs to be on the blocked user list.  I went to first page then went on to 15th page. I could not find the new link.

Where can we link the most recently link that we are currently using for adding all users on the list?   Thanks for following up with us.

Edited by JollyComics

This user is now in my blocked users list : ebay handle: ddsa1684  name : Charles Culberson from Rome Ga. I had a bad feeling since i searched him at FB ... 

Purchased from me a book some days ago. Delivery from DHL was today but they failed to deliver because premises where closed si i sent him a courtesy message:

Screenshot_20220324-202215_eBay.thumb.jpg.d84c3deb2eaf86fe15a35cc78b1544f5.jpg

He replies this... 

Screenshot_20220324-202129_Outlook.thumb.jpg.500aab3778b93710e69e0a98cfb4752c.jpg

Edited by Mijael.Levy

Would love to speak to a mod about this but want to get ahead of the situation- having an issue with a seller who got mad at me (or is clearly unstable) and sent me an empty box for a book worth several thousand dollars. He knew exactly what he was doing. It's currently under review by eBay but the situation is obviously distressing, and no one wants to be doxxed the other way around- the seller clearly knows that me claiming I got an empty box looks like I'm trying to scam *him*, and is trying to work it. I got a message from someone who wanted to buy one of my items off of eBay who happens to live in the exact same city as him, so could use any and all advice on how to protect myself. Thank you.

On 3/25/2022 at 2:54 AM, The Green Ghost said:

Would love to speak to a mod about this but want to get ahead of the situation- having an issue with a seller who got mad at me (or is clearly unstable) and sent me an empty box for a book worth several thousand dollars. He knew exactly what he was doing. It's currently under review by eBay but the situation is obviously distressing, and no one wants to be doxxed the other way around- the seller clearly knows that me claiming I got an empty box looks like I'm trying to scam *him*, and is trying to work it. I got a message from someone who wanted to buy one of my items off of eBay who happens to live in the exact same city as him, so could use any and all advice on how to protect myself. Thank you.

Ugh.  Does the label on that empty indicate the weight of the package? Obviously  if it shows just the weight of the box then you have your proof of what he did.  

On 3/25/2022 at 3:12 AM, csaag said:

Ugh.  Does the label on that empty indicate the weight of the package? Obviously  if it shows just the weight of the box then you have your proof of what he did.  

Unfortunately he put an opened/empty CGC case in the box, so unless the weight of the comic would offset it by an ounce it wouldn't really "prove" too much. That's why I'm hoping to speak with a mod the way they verify on reddit or whatever, he clearly did this for a reason and I can't believe he thinks that I'm not going to get my money back so I'm guessing it's to dox me. He carefully took photos of packing it, he planned the whole thing. But it's so insane it's ludicrous, he paid $64 to ship it overnight. It is so nonsensically beyond the pale.

Then again, he clearly isn't a rocket scientist- the person seemingly not him trying to buy from me off of eBay not only lives in the same town but TEN MINUTES away from him, and I absolutely have proof of that.

Edited by The Green Ghost

Speak to a mod about an ebay issue?

• Administrator
On 3/25/2022 at 7:50 AM, The Green Ghost said:
On 3/25/2022 at 7:45 AM, Ryan. said:

Speak to a mod about an ebay issue?

Since we're dealing with high value CGC books it's likely he may be on this very forum himself. And I don't want to flat out state his actual name until it's acceptable to do so.

Moderation doesn't get involved with disputes between buyers and sellers.  Here is the official wording.

Note that buyers and sellers have full responsibility for their transactions. CGC will not resolve disputes. Purchases and sales are done at your own risk.

On 3/25/2022 at 10:29 PM, CGC Mike said:

Moderation doesn't get involved with disputes between buyers and sellers.  Here is the official wording.

Note that buyers and sellers have full responsibility for their transactions. CGC will not resolve disputes. Purchases and sales are done at your own risk.

Can you DDOS someone for me? 

• Administrator
On 3/25/2022 at 8:44 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Can you DDOS someone for me? 

I am not sure what you are asking.  I could DDOS the entire selling forum here but, I don't think that would be a very popular action.  

On 3/25/2022 at 10:53 PM, CGC Mike said:

I am not sure what you are asking.  I could DDOS the entire selling forum here but, I don't think that would be a very popular action.  

You'd be popular with me. Even better, make it every seller bar one, so he looks obviously guilty, and we've got a plan. I'll pay in your favourite drink, the good stuff. 

I shall consider it a done deal. 

mob-mafia.gif.fd12a711604e42c0229c90a7b60fc425.gif

On 3/25/2022 at 5:29 AM, CGC Mike said:

Then do I just name him? What recourse do I have to defend my name if he comes on and claims the same?

I suppose I will see how it plays out. But I'm not not expecting the mods to "do" anything, sometimes we just want to get ahead things to feel like you handled a tremendously awful situation as best you can.

Edited by The Green Ghost

On 3/25/2022 at 7:35 AM, The Green Ghost said:

Unfortunately he put an opened/empty CGC case in the box, so unless the weight of the comic would offset it by an ounce it wouldn't really "prove" too much. That's why I'm hoping to speak with a mod the way they verify on reddit or whatever, he clearly did this for a reason and I can't believe he thinks that I'm not going to get my money back so I'm guessing it's to dox me. He carefully took photos of packing it, he planned the whole thing. But it's so insane it's ludicrous, he paid $64 to ship it overnight. It is so nonsensically beyond the pale.

Then again, he clearly isn't a rocket scientist- the person seemingly not him trying to buy from me off of eBay not only lives in the same town but TEN MINUTES away from him, and I absolutely have proof of that.

Hmmm. Exactly how does Ebay handle 'he said/he said' situations? If they side with the  buyer (the returner in this case),  doesn't that mean every buyer on Ebay is at risk (because the seller can just send an empty box)? If they side with @The Green Ghost, doesn't that open the door for all scammers who claim "he never sent it"?

Why did the seller get mad?

Something similar happened on r/comicswap with a guy who was mad about a low ball and sent an empty box with a bunch of racial slurs written inside.  Never did find out what happened.  

On 3/25/2022 at 9:56 AM, Pontoon said:

Why did the seller get mad?

I barely had any interaction with him and nothing to warrant this. He didn't respond to messages and waited 5 days to ship, I had to ask him politely if he knew when he'd upload tracking, and then this happened. Nothing outrageous or inflammatory on my part, and the message from the person who lives ten minutes away from him trying to buy from me offsite of eBay came the same day as the sale.

arriaga00432@gmail.com   This guy tried to scam me with a picture of a Flash 110 NM for auction currently at Heritage saying he would happily sell me this $5K book for just $1K.   I was recommended to go use him from a brand New board member Kendrick91 that just joined these boards and told me he had one for sale since I posed a wanted to buy in the CGC boards for that book.   Both are scammers, Kendrick91 a brand new shill board member should be banned from these boards as soon as possible!

RUN AWAY FROM: Kendrick91

On 3/26/2022 at 12:51 AM, TC33 said:

arriaga00432@gmail.com   This guy tried to scam me with a picture of a Flash 110 NM for auction currently at Heritage saying he would happily sell me this $5K book for just $1K.   I was recommended to go use him from a brand New board member Kendrick91 that just joined these boards and told me he had one for sale since I posed a wanted to buy in the CGC boards for that book.   Both are scammers, Kendrick91 a brand new shill board member should be banned from these boards as soon as possible!

Flag the message for mods. Also @CGC Mike

On 3/26/2022 at 1:51 AM, TC33 said:

Same guy tried to run a scam selling a JIM 83 to me through Zelle. His email he passed is Arriaga00432@gmail.com and his Zelle email is Bellamark966@gmail.com. Apparently it belongs to a David Theisen. Pretty lazy too. Just lifted pics off of eBay.