• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,599 posts in this topic

He left another neg for another seller for a similar reason. Apparently he has some 'system' to try to avoid taxes.

The seller is in WA, so probably not a tax issue...

But here's what he won:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=121918266922&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

Wolverine #1 9.6....now, it ended for $65, which is pretty low...but the seller doesn't seem to mind...there are several books like that, but no other "problems."

I think "nostalgiawon" is just a cheapskate who doesn't have a problem with fraud to save a few bucks.

Sold a game to rekons6660 today. My ask was $25, he offered $19, and I accepted. As soon as I accepted his offer, I got an email for a cancellation request. He said he "can rent it cheaper from GameFly."

Not comic related, but I blocked him just in case.

Pretty sure ebay will remove that neg for many reasons

I'm pretty sure they will NOT remove it, not without a multi-hour, knock-down, drag-out fight.

Frankly, I don't have the time for that.

The highest bidder tried to defraud both eBay and the state of California.

You have time stamped emails & messages, that clearly indicate his intent to beat eBay out of their 10% commision....., and to beat your state out of its sales tax, as well.

I am 100% sure they will remove that neg.

It will take you up to an hour on the phone, at worst.As it stands, you now have a negative feedback and it is unclear if you have gotten your 10% vig back from eBay.

I'd ask eBay to repeal the neg through ebay.com, before calling them and also... forward the time stamped messages & emails, along with your appeal.

Well worth the investment in your time, and also, in the process, eBay may possibly suspend his account....so he gets what he deserves. (thumbs u

Sometimes you can get right thru to ebay it's not always an hour long ordeal. Many Times it's been 5 minutes in and out for me.

Pretty sure ebay will remove that neg for many reasons

I'm pretty sure they will NOT remove it, not without a multi-hour, knock-down, drag-out fight.

Frankly, I don't have the time for that.

The highest bidder tried to defraud both eBay and the state of California.

You have time stamped emails & messages, that clearly indicate his intent to beat eBay out of their 10% commision....., and to beat your state out of its sales tax, as well.

I am 100% sure they will remove that neg.

It will take you up to an hour on the phone, at worst.As it stands, you now have a negative feedback and it is unclear if you have gotten your 10% vig back from eBay.

I'd ask eBay to repeal the neg through ebay.com, before calling them and also... forward the time stamped messages & emails, along with your appeal.

Well worth the investment in your time, and also, in the process, eBay may possibly suspend his account....so he gets what he deserves. (thumbs u

Having been through this experience several times over the last few years, trust me when I say that none of this is accurate. That's simply not the way eBay works. Nothing personal.

He left another neg for another seller for a similar reason. Apparently he has some 'system' to try to avoid taxes.

The seller is in WA, so probably not a tax issue...

But here's what he won:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=121918266922&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

Wolverine #1 9.6....now, it ended for $65, which is pretty low...but the seller doesn't seem to mind...there are several books like that, but no other "problems."

I think "nostalgiawon" is just a cheapskate who doesn't have a problem with fraud to save a few bucks.

That shows that "Nostalgiawon" has violated the terms of the eBay User Agreement before i.e. pattern of abuse...........even more reason for eBay to side in your favor, without much of a hassle, at all.

In fact, I can almost recite their scripted remarks verbatim:

"Yes, we understand that you're not happy with this feedback, and you can be sure we've addressed the situation with the buyer, but unfortunately we cannot remove this negative feedback from your account."

And if you persist....

"We understand how frustrating this must be for you, but at the same time (that's a favorite phrase of theirs), we aren't going to be able to remove that negative feedback from your account."

Said with a charming, soothing Filipino accent, since that's where most of their customer service is outsourced to.

"Yes, we understand that you're not happy with this feedback, and you can be sure we've addressed the situation with the buyer, but unfortunately we cannot remove this negative feedback from your account."

And if you persist....

"We understand how frustrating this must be for you, but at the same time (that's a favorite phrase their), we aren't going to be able to remove that negative feedback from your account."

Said with a charming, soothing Filipino accent, since that's where most of their customer service is outsourced to.

I use the 'wounded bird' technique and have great luck getting phone reps to do what I want. I've even helped others who were getting nowhere and got the problem solved fast. It's just a knack I have.

Not saying you did this but if you come in kinda belligerant and demanding they shut right down.

And if you persist....

"We understand how frustrating this must be for you, but at the same time (that's a favorite phrase their), we aren't going to be able to remove that negative feedback from your account."

Yeah, but I would still say that if you called again....and got some of ebay's outsourced talent, ask to speak to a manager.

Whenever I have talked to an ebay CS rep with the charming Indian or Phillipino accent...and then got transferd to an ebay CS rep without any language barrier......the problem was resolved, to my satisafaction.

(other than spending an hour on the phone with ebay).

I have had a negative removed and had a neutral removed.

You have to speak with a gawddamn American, pardner (thumbs u

That is not racism, on my part, at all.eBay's outsourced CS are clueless, least it has been so in my experience.

Edited by CopperAgeKids

And if you persist....

Yeah, but I would still say that if you called again....and got some of ebay's outsourced talent, ask to speak to a manager.

Did you know there are FOUR levels that you can speak with in most departments at eBay?

No...?

There's the initial rep, then a floor supervisor, then a managing supervisor, then a department manager.

Were you aware of that....?

Whenever I have talked to an ebay CS rep with the charming Indian or Phillipino accent...and then got transferd to an ebay CS rep without any language barrier......the problem was resolved, to my satisafaction.

eBay's customer service is outsourced to the Philippines, not India, so you would only hear voices with a Filipino (not "Phillipino") accent.

Ask me how I know....

(other than spending an hour on the phone with ebay).

I have had a negative removed and had a neutral removed.

You have to speak with a gawddamn American, pardner (thumbs u

Ohhhh.....I see. That's all it takes, huh...?

Silly me.

That is not racism, on my part, at all.eBay's outsourced CS are clueless, least it has been so in my experience.

Rrrrright.

I have had to reissue an invoice after someone paid and had the double amount occur on the invoice. Just mentioning this because you made it sound like he was lying about it. And yes-- I also saw that the invoice on my side did not show a double amount or extra charge. Directly billing via PayPal might have been an option.

When this has happened, it was usually something the buyer and I agreed to do to handle it* but something weird happens when you try to refund and then get a new payment back. I came to the conclusion that the way to handle it is to cancel the sale through ebay first, wherein they are the ones who initiate the refund. Then try to process it correctly if both sides are so inclined.

You would think eBay would correct this as I am certain it happens somewhat frequently albeit a tiny percentage of overall sales. Then I remember-- oh yeah, this is eBay and they are not exactly strong at correcting the flaws in their system sometimes. The problem is how the invoice gets created on a current sale when the seller refunds money then re-sends the invoice. It may be due to them separating from PayPal as it didn't use to be a problem before that (for me).

Again-- this is not meant to take any sides in the matter-- simply relaying my similar experience.

*(i.e. told them I would refund and resend, the invoice doubled, we cancelled the transaction and tried to set up a new one to replace it-- but the old transaction remained)

hm

I don't see where I made it sound like he was lying about that. Where do you see that?

In any event, if that's the case....which I don't doubt; it's eBay, everything is possible...then that's not something over which I have any control, and, most importantly....it's not material to the end result. This may not be clear, but I re-sent the invoice immediately on Sunday night, 3/27....but was not notified there was a "problem" until 3/31, four days later...after the rest of the correspondence had occurred....had he been interested in paying it right away, instead of angling to defraud eBay and the state of CA, we could have resolved it in a timely manner.

I don't lmow about the tiers of eBay CS, nor was I saying it would be particularly easy to get the neg removed.Call it an hour and change....a taxing, loudy way to spend your time, ......but if I can do it, you can.

Like Kav said, playing the wounded bird bit gets CS on your side, over the phone.

If you get a sympathetic ear, you're in the clear.You won't get a sympathetic ear if you talk to someone in a third world country who is lucky to have any sort of job, so they wont give a seconds pause to consider your side because said outsourced talent is fearful of getting canned.

Could be a white or black guy.....or an Asian...or a Phillipino college aged kid........a middle aged white or black woman....it does not matter.

As long as they are an American, and you are patient and friendly....they will almost certaimly take the neg off.

It's amazing what the wounded bird act can accomplish. My brother had an issue with ADT that a lawyer couldn't solve. 5 minutes of my wounded bird act and the issue was resolved and the CS rep wished me all the best. My brother was astonished.

I've watched friends on the phone and am astounded at how they speak to these guys-angry-demanding-and they never get anywhere.

You can get phone reps on your side. It's all in how you play it.

I don't lmow about the tiers of eBay CS, nor was I saying it would be particularly easy to get the neg removed.Call it an hour and change....a taxing, loudy way to spend your time, ......but if I can do it, you can.

Like Kav said, playing the wounded bird bit gets CS on your side, over the phone.

If you get a sympathetic ear, you're in the clear.You won't get a sympathetic ear if you talk to someone in a third world country who is lucky to have any sort of job, so they wont give a seconds pause to consider your side because said outsourced talent is fearful of getting canned.

Could be a white or black guy.....or an Asian...or a Phillipino college aged kid........a middle aged white or black woman....it does not matter.

As long as they are an American, and you are patient and friendly....they will almost certaimly take the neg off.

Let me try this one more time:

Feedback is handled by the Feedback department. That department is the ONLY department that you can speak to that will handle feedback. Nobody else at eBay is allowed to deal with feedback.

You can try to talk to the buying department (which is in the Philippines), or the seller limits department (which is in the US), or the billing department (which is half and half), or any other department you want....but none of them, American or not, are going to be able to do anything about removing feedback, because that's not how eBay works.

You can explain all you want...and they'll listen...but then they'll transfer you right back to the Feedback department.

And the eBay feedback department is under orders to deny every request, period. Unless it is a clearcut violation of their rules...profanity, threats, "negative" comment left for a buyer...it's not going to be removed unless you get a stupid rep (not difficult) who can be bamboozled into thinking a situation is not what it is.

My advice to you: stop trying to give advice about things you clearly don't know.

It's amazing what the wounded bird act can accomplish. My brother had an issue with ADT that a lawyer couldn't solve. 5 minutes of my wounded bird act and the issue was resolved and the CS rep wished me all the best. My brother was astonished.

I've watched friends on the phone and am astounded at how they speak to these guys-angry-demanding-and they never get anywhere.

You can get phone reps on your side. It's all in how you play it.

Not with people who are reading from scripts.

They will sympathize with you endlessly....while telling you no.

"Ohhh...I'm so sorry about that. How terrible! I can't imagine how you feel. At the same time, we can't remove that feedback. I'm so sorry for you!"

meh

You guys think you're dealing with people who have any authority.

They do not.

They cannot do anything for you.

Their job is to get you off the phone, as quickly as possible.

That's how it works.

So you can play "wounded bird" with people without any authority to help you...it's a grand waste of time.

Such an act WILL work...with people who have the authority to do something.

That's not how eBay is set up.

Rocky I'm not trying to be difficult but I have called ebay, spoke to the person who answered, and he removed the feedback.

Rocky I'm not trying to be difficult but I have called ebay, spoke to the person who answered, and he removed the feedback.

And what were the circumstances, Kav....?

I'll hang up and take your answer on the air.

:popcorn:

Someone gave me a neg without contacting me first.

Bang gone.

That is in violation of eBay's feedback removal policy.

"Giving you a neg without contacting you first" is not a valid reason to remove feedback.

I suspect there's more to this than you've said.