• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,599 posts in this topic

It doesn't sound "unbelievable." It sounds like either there are details missing, or someone at eBay screwed up.

It has nothing to do with how "miraculous" you may be, Kav. Either there are details missing, or someone screwed up.

I speak from long, bitter experience.

project-rebirth

I searched the thread and he has been nominated for this list before. I sold a Moon Girl #5 replica to him on eBay. He hit the BIN. Over Easter he sent me three messages, all saying:

"Hi,

I received the replica copy of Moon Girl No.5 today.

There is a circular scratch mark to the left of the word "Moon" in the title.

I can feel the scratch mark with my finger. It is a defect.

This circular mark is not in the picture of the replica.

I want to return this damaged copy.

Please contact me.

Robert"

No problem. The three messages were a little overkill, but otherwise all is fine. I responded with:

"You can send it back. My return address is:

XXXXX

I'll send another copy."

He responded with:

"Hi Joe,

I mailed the Moon Girl book back to you today.

The tracking number is 9500 xxx xxx xxxx

Please send me the replacement copy and please check the condition.

Thanks,

Robert"

Again, a reasonable response. Then, the next message out of the blue is:

"THE BOOK IS ON ITS WAY BACK TO YOU.

I HAVE DECIDED THAT I DO NOT WANT ANOTHER COPY I WANT A REFUND.

IF YOU COULDN'T DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME I DON'T WANT TO DEAL WITH YOU WITH YOU PEOPLE.

I AM OPENING UP A COMPLAINT/BUYER PROTECTION CASE WITH EBAY THIS AFTERNOON.

I AM ALSO CONTACTING PAYPAL AND MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY TO REPORT THIS TRANSACTION.

I WANT A FULL REFUND INCLUDING MY SHIPPING."

Over two days, I get a total of 5 such messages threatening eBay, Paypal and credit card complaints. The book has been refunded and the bidder blocked.

I use the 'wounded bird' technique and have great luck getting phone reps to do what I want. I've even helped others who were getting nowhere and got the problem solved fast. It's just a knack I have.

Not saying you did this but if you come in kinda belligerant and demanding they shut right down.

As someone who worked in both customer service and technical support via phone for many years, I can tell you first hand that both myself and colleagues will ALL go above and beyond for wounded bird and will absolutely do the bare minimum to assist a jerk who comes at us all angry and demanding. And I'm in Canada - we apologize for everything!

project-rebirth

Then, the next message out of the blue is:

"THE BOOK IS ON ITS WAY BACK TO YOU.

I HAVE DECIDED THAT I DO NOT WANT ANOTHER COPY I WANT A REFUND.

IF YOU COULDN'T DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME I DON'T WANT TO DEAL WITH YOU WITH YOU PEOPLE.

I AM OPENING UP A COMPLAINT/BUYER PROTECTION CASE WITH EBAY THIS AFTERNOON.

I AM ALSO CONTACTING PAYPAL AND MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY TO REPORT THIS TRANSACTION.

I WANT A FULL REFUND INCLUDING MY SHIPPING."

67136969.jpg

I don't lmow about the tiers of eBay CS, nor was I saying it would be particularly easy to get the neg removed.Call it an hour and change....a taxing, loudy way to spend your time, ......but if I can do it, you can.

Like Kav said, playing the wounded bird bit gets CS on your side, over the phone.

If you get a sympathetic ear, you're in the clear.You won't get a sympathetic ear if you talk to someone in a third world country who is lucky to have any sort of job, so they wont give a seconds pause to consider your side because said outsourced talent is fearful of getting canned.

Could be a white or black guy.....or an Asian...or a Phillipino college aged kid........a middle aged white or black woman....it does not matter.

As long as they are an American, and you are patient and friendly....they will almost certaimly take the neg off.

Let me try this one more time:

Feedback is handled by the Feedback department. That department is the ONLY department that you can speak to that will handle feedback. Nobody else at eBay is allowed to deal with feedback.

You can try to talk to the buying department (which is in the Philippines), or the seller limits department (which is in the US), or the billing department (which is half and half), or any other department you want....but none of them, American or not, are going to be able to do anything about removing feedback, because that's not how eBay works.

You can explain all you want...and they'll listen...but then they'll transfer you right back to the Feedback department.

And the eBay feedback department is under orders to deny every request, period. Unless it is a clearcut violation of their rules...profanity, threats, "negative" comment left for a buyer...it's not going to be removed unless you get a stupid rep (not difficult) who can be bamboozled into thinking a situation is not what it is.

My advice to you: stop trying to give advice about things you clearly don't know.

It is all about how you talk to people, as Kav and Darjis_Aaron, have said.

I am not messing around with you, I am trying to help you out.You reply with the bit of "advice" in the bolded section.NO offense taken on my end, I can see that you are frustrated but I gotta tell you that this is why you haven't been able to get the negative feedback removed.

I know what I am talking about, all too well.

I got a neg as a seller,a couple months back, under similiar circumstances.Buyer paid after auction, I refunded his payment immediately and cancelled the transaction.Buyer negged me.

I also got a neutral feedback removed, for a slab that was shipped late.

I spent about an hour on the phone with eBay reps and in both instances, I was transfered around a couple of times.

In both instances, after getting someone on the phone who wasn't blathering on mindlessly with an eBay teleprompter style -script, I got the rep to remove the feedback.

Around the same time that I got the Nuetral feedback removed, I had a buyer neg me for another late shipment.

I emailed the buyer, apologized for the delay, and told him I would send him his $10.99 (full BIN refund, shipping was free) back via Paypal...and that the books were enroute to him, free of charge.

He revised his feedback into a * positive* shortly after receiving the 4 comics from me, saying something like" had a delay but the seller went above & beyond to resolve problem".

As a buyer, about 6 months ago, I rolled the dice on...ummm, about $300-$350...2 BIN's for multple copies (5 copies, shipped from ....the Phillipines) of ....cough, cough...New Mutants #98 advertised as "NM/MT" from two differnt 0 feedback sellers, both of which had very recently registered.I knew there was a pretty damn good chance that it was a scam but figured I'd give it a shot, the seller could have just been clueless.Either way, I knew that the seller would have zero access to my funds, well after the books were delivered to me.

Waited a week and no tracking was uploaded so, I called ebay CS...and after speaking to their outsourced talent, who told me I'd get my money back ...it was obvious he was reading off a -script...I saw the next day I only got refunded for about 1/3 of what the BIN + shipping amounts totaled

Called eBay back, and got a CS rep who wasn't a outsourced tool, and the rep got the money back into my Paypal account.

My advice to you would be, on your way home from work tomorrow, stop at a liqour store.Pick up a pack of smokes and a 6 pack of beer.I recommend Guinness Draught.

Pound a Guinness before you call eBay, that will brighten your mood.

You may forego the ciggies, if you choose.You may also forego the frothy goodness that is akin to the nectar of the Gods, if you choose to do so.

You will have to stone yourself to whittle away an hour of your life, while keeping a pleasant disposition.

That is more or less what you have to do, if you want to get the negative removed.

Guinness & a friendly disposition can solve virtually any problem.

Unless you're dealing with pederasts or Nazi war criminals....or any other form of life that has no business on this planet.

In your case, you are not dealing with those types.You're pretty much golden.

No worries, pop the cap off another Guinness.

You're just dealing with your own frustration and a negative feedback on eBay.I have dealt with those two things, as well.It's no bag 'o fun, which we both know.

Take the right approach and you'll get the neg removed. (thumbs u

I use the 'wounded bird' technique and have great luck getting phone reps to do what I want. I've even helped others who were getting nowhere and got the problem solved fast. It's just a knack I have.

Not saying you did this but if you come in kinda belligerant and demanding they shut right down.

As someone who worked in both customer service and technical support via phone for many years, I can tell you first hand that both myself and colleagues will ALL go above and beyond for wounded bird and will absolutely do the bare minimum to assist a jerk who comes at us all angry and demanding. And I'm in Canada - we apologize for everything!