• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,600 posts in this topic

Is this thread going back to being a helpful list or our usual degeneration of memes and gifs?

Is anyone keeping tabs of all the eBay names on here? Here's my current list, I should probably update it:

317.er, auctions_auctions, auctionsit4cash, bargainwaressuprstr, bargenz4u, billypj1, cajak_78, cgc-collection, comicphile1952, dddsahakian, disney_fun123, dottyglitz, fatchocobo0, gardenia126, gbuster85, hotpeppers888, hunteralex2, hvgs24, iwant2buystuffnow, jackson2302, jbeck022, jrquinonez, jsquaredco, juswil10, kimcurry3, marqus18, mayclark2006, ohlie1, project-rebirth, rff7706, rgra4551, schoolroots101, sjy209, terminatorscoob, us-uma7, usdanie_58j8plr, vhpbass, vintage_obsolete, waldoduke, zebra_ent, 1141804539@deleted

Also:

1454390013120_zps0e3due9b.gif

Edited by StuporMan

Here's what I got.. Does not nearly seem to be enough though....

pewter4144

May I ask what I did to be put on your list?

Or was this a holdover copy from my original thread, where CAL was putting people he just didn't like from this board on the "master list"?

Really, it doesn't matter, as I don't buy comics anymore, but it does possibly show that a "master list" can be flawed.

-slym

pewter4144

Or was this a holdover copy from my original thread, where CAL was putting people he just didn't like from this board on the "master list"?

Really, it doesn't matter, as I don't buy comics anymore, but it does possibly show that a "master list" can be flawed.

-slym

Did you make CAL into a meme? lol

It's all fun and games until someone recognizes themselves on the ignore list and questions in the thread what it is doing there.

pewter4144

-slym

About 15 are from me with first hand experience, the rest from this fine place(Think I saw a post a while back with a list that I used, probably the one you referenced). I do agree that there is certainly potential for these lists to have flaws.

You can buy from me anytime though.

pewter4144

-slym

About 15 are from me with first hand experience, the rest from this fine place(Think I saw a post a while back with a list that I used, probably the one you referenced). I do agree that there is certainly potential for these lists to have flaws.

I haven't really followed this thread. Why? Because as well intentioned as it might seem to be, I am not willing to blindly put someone on the list just because another person had a (seemingly) bad experience. Does that mean I think the list has no value? No. Does that mean that I think people are lying or telling half truths? No.

However, there have been many threads right here on these boards that were started because a boardie was complaining about an ebay user that did them wrong. In more cases than I can remember, the OP was found to be as much of a problem and the person on ebay they were complaining about. There are two sides to every story. No one is free of bias.

And again, the original "master list" was flawed due to CAL putting on his list people that he just doesn't like, that he never had one eBay transaction with, and that got incorporated into that list.

It's why I had my entire thread scrubbed. The "master list" was flawed.

That being said, that pewter4144 guy is a jerk.

:D

-slym

It's all fun and games until someone recognizes themselves on the ignore list and questions in the thread what it is doing there.

I am not butthurt, I used my name being on the list as an example of, well, look at my post directly above.

:)

-slym

And again, the original "master list" was flawed due to CAL putting on his list people that he just doesn't like, that he never had one eBay transaction with, and that got incorporated into that list.

-slym

He can't be as bad as Jerkfro. That guy is a dooooosh

-slym

He can't be as bad as Jerkfro. That guy is a dooooosh

No Kidding. I heard that guy is the only one on the super secret dodeca HOS list

I checked and don't have slym blocked. Then again, I took the time to read the posts and evaluate them for myself. There is a real danger in blindly following any list published here.

I would advise people against publishing lists in general unless they can say they are certain the list has not been compromised (like slym's example).

As for whether the thread is worthwhile-- it varies. Sometimes it alerts you to some nasty buyers and sellers to avoid. I never just put one on block because someone posts them here. They have to tell me the situation and then I make my own call.

It is supposed to be a subjective list giving readers the ultimate thumbs up or down decision.

I checked and don't have slym blocked. Then again, I took the time to read the posts and evaluate them for myself. There is a real danger in blindly following any list published here.

I would advise people against publishing lists in general unless they can say they are certain the list has not been compromised (like slym's example).

As for whether the thread is worthwhile-- it varies. Sometimes it alerts you to some nasty buyers and sellers to avoid. I never just put one on block because someone posts them here. They have to tell me the situation and then I make my own call.

It is supposed to be a subjective list giving readers the ultimate thumbs up or down decision.

+1

Agreed, don't publish lists. If there's someone you suggest folks might want to block, post up the info and let each person make their own call.

Please edit your post and take down your list!

My ID is on it and the situation has been vetted before -- Someone asked a question, Slym misinterpreted some info that followed up, and then he put my ID in the thread and it started getting adding to that blanking list. Later when I pointed out the error and explained Slym apologized for the mistake but the damage has already been done.

Not only does my ID pop up in lists like this now but there was a specific case that happened shortly after with a real financial cost to someone who used the list -- the seller lost some bucks when they had my ID blocked and I was prevented from bidding on a DC Whitman. My bid was about 10x what the book sold for so I would have driven up the price a bit and won the book, or at best the seller would have netted a whole lot more cash if I had been the underbidder.

Post up individuals with reasons for folks to block them, but let them do their due diligence and decide if they want to block an ID or not, not just copy/paste a list of IDs without knowing the reasons.