• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,599 posts in this topic

About 15 are from me with first hand experience, the rest from this fine place(Think I saw a post a while back with a list that I used, probably the one you referenced). I do agree that there is certainly potential for these lists to have flaws.

You can buy from me anytime though.

Please edit your post and take down your list!

My ID is on it and the situation has been vetted before -- Someone asked a question, Slym misinterpreted some info that followed up, and then he put my ID in the thread and it started getting adding to that blanking list. Later when I pointed out the error and explained Slym apologized for the mistake but the damage has already been done.

Not only does my ID pop up in lists like this now but there was a specific case that happened shortly after with a real financial cost to someone who used the list -- the seller lost some bucks when they had my ID blocked and I was prevented from bidding on a DC Whitman. My bid was about 10x what the book sold for so I would have driven up the price a bit and won the book, or at best the seller would have netted a whole lot more cash if I had been the underbidder.

Post up individuals with reasons for folks to block them, but let them do their due diligence and decide if they want to block an ID or not, not just copy/paste a list of IDs without knowing the reasons.

It might be helpful to know what your ID is so others can delete you if you are on their list by mistake.

Here's what I got.. Does not nearly seem to be enough though....

pewter4144

May I ask what I did to be put on your list?

-slym

Just checked and you're not on my own list so thanks for keeping others up to speed. :cool:

Oh Jeez, didn't know this would cause such grief for some folks. As requested I removed the list I posted. I was just responding to Stuporman's original post and just sharing what I had.

Will keep the sharing of that info to PMs in the future, if at all.

Stuporman, you quoted my original so should probably remove that post as well.

Peace out!

Here's another:

Classic Iron Man

Won 4 of my auctions and then the string along started. Insisted on only using personal e-mail to communicate, not e-bay (should have been the first clue).

Gave him some time to pay because he "didn't have enough money right now". Gave the same old unbelievable excuses, in between jobs, taxes due, etc. Maybe bidding on vintage comic books should have moved to the lower portion of the priority list :facepalm:

Then, of course, last week the ole' "are you willing to negotiate" started. And the "I've been seeing these go for less". That was it for me. Opened a case, for why I don't know. We all know nothing will happen to this head...........

Thanks!! I don't think the list will ever be complete...

Please edit your post and delete those lists.

If someone is on my list and wants to be removed from my list they can PM me. My list is completely based on my own experiences.

Here's another:

Classic Iron Man

Won 4 of my auctions and then the string along started. Insisted on only using personal e-mail to communicate, not e-bay (should have been the first clue).

Gave him some time to pay because he "didn't have enough money right now". Gave the same old unbelievable excuses, in between jobs, taxes due, etc. Maybe bidding on vintage comic books should have moved to the lower portion of the priority list :facepalm:

Then, of course, last week the ole' "are you willing to negotiate" started. And the "I've been seeing these go for less". That was it for me. Opened a case, for why I don't know. We all know nothing will happen to this head...........

did you mean "classicironman" ? the block feature requires case sensitive user names to work properly-- just making sure before I block them.

Thanks!! I don't think the list will ever be complete...

Please edit your post and delete those lists.

If someone is on my list and wants to be removed from my list they can PM me. My list is completely based on my own experiences.

In the post I replied to, this one --> you quoted another list that someone else posted. Your list is there too, but the OTHER list that you included inside the quote is the *spoon* list that got the last "block" thread deleted doh!

Please delete that quoted list before this thread suffers the same fate as the last one.

Edited by Warlord

Add this loser to your list: cmc.1974

Auction ended a week ago, no payment. Tried to reach out to him and nothing so I filed a case and still nothing.

So my EBay dispute for non payment should close either today or tomorrow but I see from this tools feedback that he just made and another purchase a few days ago and was given positive feedback. What is the matter with some people.

steve187

Buyer bought books, claimed books were damaged while shipped and sent them straight back. I requested pictures of the damage and would have let him keep the books with a full refund. Buyer stated you'll see when you get them and didn't provide the tracking number.

The buyer opened a case stated he didn't receive a refund 3 days after shipping the books back. I received the books back 7 days after he claimed he shipped them. We received the package of 7 books and 4 were opened and 3 were not. (Harley Poly Bag issues). When calling eBay the second time, they stated the buyer bought the same issues from other sellers prior to my listing and mine was the only one returned.

Stated the return policy that the buyer had to request an RMA number before any return is accepted, (buyer violated) on the listing stated there are 20% restocking fees. ebay in the provides full refund to the buyer.

*the 3 poly bag were our books, but the ones sent back not in the poly bag had an indentation where the sealed bags didn't have it.

Reported buyer to eBay

'savannahmodern' bought a raw book from me that was stated in the listing to be NM+ condition. 9 days after shipment shows delivered I get a message that states they just opened the box the book came in and they were 'expecting a nicer book with no damage.' This was the one picture they sent that shows the damage..

o44YSdQh.jpg

Safe to say they will not be buying raw books from me anymore.