• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,599 posts in this topic

RMA my advice is if you have a $327 item and are only going to go down $7 don't even list a BO-it just annoys jerks. Just list it at $320 and be done with it.

Ok, block this nutball asap:

2012captainjack

Won a Hot Toys Black Widow figure from me last week.

Didn't pay, so after 4 days, the automatic Unpaid Item Assistant opened.

After a couple of days of no payment or response, he messages me and says that his "PO took my phone" (what does that mean? Parole Officer?) so he hadn't been able to pay, and was it ok to pay now. I replied that it was fine, and if he went ahead and sent the Paypal payment, the unpaid case would automatically close, and I would ship the item, no big deal.

So, no payment comes, and then the night before the case is set to close, he messages and asks if he can "still send Paypal payment". Again, I say sure, but to do it soon because eBay was about to close the case.

So, of course, no payment arrives, and eBay closes the case and refunds my FVF. I add him to my blocked bidder list and go about my life.

Later that same day, he sends a message saying that he hadn't been able to send payment because his mother had been admitted to the hospital. (If you check feedback he's left for others, this comes up often.) He said he'd sent me a money order. (Even though we hadn't discussed it previously, and I never offered that as an option).

So, I reply that eBay has already closed the case, so he shouldn't be sending a money order. I ask him where he sent the payment.

He replies that he sent it to me (doesn't say when or where).

So, I tell him again that the case was closed, and that although I didn't really think he'd sent a payment, if he DID send it,I would return it to him.

His reply to this was "Sent the money order to you...rip-off artist. You shall be penalized".

Anyway, I don't know how he thinks he'll penalize me, since the case is resolved and closed I don't believe he can leave neg feedback for me. So as far as I know, I'm done with the guy, but I wanted to give you all a heads up. Again, review his feedback and you can see something isn't right.

Thanks!

I want to bump this guy, 2012captainjack. I wish I saw this posting. Won a low $$ WD slab from me.

He receives the book and initiates a return as item not as advertised and damaged plus he states he didn't receive it in time for his "gift giving party". OK, whatever, I accept the return and even pay for the return shipping. FTR I had received a bunch of new slabs from CGC and pack very securely but I aim to please so accept the return no questions asked.

Over a month goes by with no book, contact ebay to let them know about the unreturned item case still open. Next day I get a Neg from him stating no communication & no feedback. All communication was sent through the return he initiated! Sent him a note stating the situation so he proceeds to tell me that the neg was for no communication, no respect and no feedback.

I tell him I'd leave him the FB if and when I get the book back. Fortunately I don't make my living selling comics and if he comes back with some other BS to remove the neg I will give him a nicely worded FU. No way I'll be blackmailed.

I'm hating ebay more and more these days.

Follow the link for "Report Buyer" on this page:

http://www.pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/seller-protection/report-a-buyer.html

Do not respond to any other message he may send you, outside of the directions given in the Report Buyer process.

State everything you said here in the report.

I would also PM the other boardie and ask him to follow through with the "report Buyer" process.

Two reports of this sort of behavior on the buyer's part will show up in his ebay history page, this will help the eBay rep wise up that the buyer is scamming multiple sellers.It is more than likely that a lot of sellers have been scammed by him, you just need to bring this to eBay's attention.

The best thing to do is probably to open the Report Buyer case and then call ebay.Tell the rep you want your money back, you do not believe he will return the slab...and state that if he does return a box, it may be stuffed with 2 pounds of newspaper.

I think any reasonable ebay rep will see what's going on and they will then escalate the case for you.

Ok, block this nutball asap:

2012captainjack

Won a Hot Toys Black Widow figure from me last week.

Didn't pay, so after 4 days, the automatic Unpaid Item Assistant opened.

After a couple of days of no payment or response, he messages me and says that his "PO took my phone" (what does that mean? Parole Officer?) so he hadn't been able to pay, and was it ok to pay now. I replied that it was fine, and if he went ahead and sent the Paypal payment, the unpaid case would automatically close, and I would ship the item, no big deal.

So, no payment comes, and then the night before the case is set to close, he messages and asks if he can "still send Paypal payment". Again, I say sure, but to do it soon because eBay was about to close the case.

So, of course, no payment arrives, and eBay closes the case and refunds my FVF. I add him to my blocked bidder list and go about my life.

Later that same day, he sends a message saying that he hadn't been able to send payment because his mother had been admitted to the hospital. (If you check feedback he's left for others, this comes up often.) He said he'd sent me a money order. (Even though we hadn't discussed it previously, and I never offered that as an option).

So, I reply that eBay has already closed the case, so he shouldn't be sending a money order. I ask him where he sent the payment.

He replies that he sent it to me (doesn't say when or where).

So, I tell him again that the case was closed, and that although I didn't really think he'd sent a payment, if he DID send it,I would return it to him.

His reply to this was "Sent the money order to you...rip-off artist. You shall be penalized".

Anyway, I don't know how he thinks he'll penalize me, since the case is resolved and closed I don't believe he can leave neg feedback for me. So as far as I know, I'm done with the guy, but I wanted to give you all a heads up. Again, review his feedback and you can see something isn't right.

Thanks!

I want to bump this guy, 2012captainjack. I wish I saw this posting. Won a low $$ WD slab from me.

He receives the book and initiates a return as item not as advertised and damaged plus he states he didn't receive it in time for his "gift giving party". OK, whatever, I accept the return and even pay for the return shipping. FTR I had received a bunch of new slabs from CGC and pack very securely but I aim to please so accept the return no questions asked.

Over a month goes by with no book, contact ebay to let them know about the unreturned item case still open. Next day I get a Neg from him stating no communication & no feedback. All communication was sent through the return he initiated! Sent him a note stating the situation so he proceeds to tell me that the neg was for no communication, no respect and no feedback.

I tell him I'd leave him the FB if and when I get the book back. Fortunately I don't make my living selling comics and if he comes back with some other BS to remove the neg I will give him a nicely worded FU. No way I'll be blackmailed.

I'm hating ebay more and more these days.

Follow the link for "Report Buyer" on this page:

http://www.pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/seller-protection/report-a-buyer.html

Do not respond to any other message he may send you, outside of the directions given in the Report Buyer process.

State everything you said here in the report.

I would also PM the other boardie and ask him to follow through with the "report Buyer" process.

Two reports of this sort of behavior on the buyer's part will show up in his ebay history page, this will help the eBay rep wise up that the buyer is scamming multiple sellers.It is more than likely that a lot of sellers have been scammed by him, you just need to bring this to eBay's attention.

The best thing to do is probably to open the Report Buyer case and then call ebay.Tell the rep you want your money back, you do not believe he will return the slab...and state that if he does return a box, it may be stuffed with 2 pounds of newspaper.

I think any reasonable ebay rep will see what's going on and they will then escalate the case for you.

eBay is moving their model towards Amazon's model. That means the buyer has all the power on the platform. My prediction is that within 24 months or less returns will be a requirment for sellers to accept on eBay. They won't be able to require that the seller pay for the return postage but I'd bet to get the 20% discount that top sellers get they will have to eat the return postage.

That really isn't that far a difference than what is currently required by eBay. Also, I see eBay moving to warehouse products like Amazon does for itself and vendors in the future.

The hits just keep on rollin for me....

innerjoycollectibles

Not 5 minutes after he wins my 7 day auction for a $250 book I receive the following message:

"Hello, It looks like I will not be able to purchase your item. I thought I would have enough funds but I will not. If you could please send a cancellation request, that would be great. Thank you for your understanding. -Ralph"

Why do I continue to torture myself with this ebay slop?

innerjoycollectibles

Not 5 minutes after he wins my 7 day auction for a $250 book I receive the following message:

"Hello, It looks like I will not be able to purchase your item. I thought I would have enough funds but I will not. If you could please send a cancellation request, that would be great. Thank you for your understanding. -Ralph"

If you have stuff I want, I'll buy it lol

innerjoycollectibles

These jags have figured out the "cancellation request" as a way to avoid the unpaid bidder...not that eBay even enforces that anymore.

innerjoycollectibles

I have stuff you want....you don't buy it.

:D

innerjoycollectibles

I feel like if you back out of deals due to an admitted lack of funds, ebay should suspend your account for 3 months at least.

eBay seller dbzlol5555 is using woregul's images of the AF15 he sold me in 2012. I still have it, so they're not to be trusted.

LINK

Have a nice day :hi:

Listing has ended for "no longer available." I'm not sure if that means eBay ended it or the seller did because they knew they were outed. They're members since 2007, have 323 feedbacks, all positive, with five low $ non comic related items sold. Does eBay still pursue the matter even if the seller pulls the item before they're able to investigate?

Will they even care since the listing was ended? What do they do to these people when they're caught doing this? What I mean is, obviously they're in some way reprimanded (I'd like to think), but is it the same across the board or are certain sellers treated differently than others for whatever reasons? The fact that this list even exists suggests that in no way does eBay warn buyers of moments like this in a sellers's history.

Misleading descriptions and undisclosed restoration sellers always seem to reappear, and I've read many threads and posts about these things, but for some reason I have no memory of reading what actually happens to the sellers that have been there a few years with a few hundred pos. fb's (at 100%) who try to sell items they don't have.

innerjoycollectibles

I feel like if you back out of deals due to an admitted lack of funds, ebay should suspend your account for 3 months at least.

It'll never happen. The person backing out may be doing so because they want to spend their money elsewhere on eBay.

Edited by MR SigS☺

RMA my advice is if you have a $327 item and are only going to go down $7 don't even list a BO-it just annoys jerks. Just list it at $320 and be done with it.

There is one seller, on eBay, who has "make offer" on all their listings of Magic Cards and refuses almost all offers, even 10 cents lower than asking price. After making a few offers were declined, I offered 1 cent off and they accepted it. When I inquired why this is so, they said that they only accept offers for their higher priced items and that they have all of their auctions set up this way because it is easier for them. What a pain and have never bought from them again.

innerjoycollectibles

All in good time. Having to have funds to purchase always sours the experience

There is one seller, on eBay, who has "make offer" on all their listings of Magic Cards and refuses almost all offers, even 10 cents lower than asking price. After making a few offers were declined, I offered 1 cent off and they accepted it. When I inquired why this is so, they said that they only accept offers for their higher priced items and that they have all of their auctions set up this way because it is easier for them. What a pain and have never bought from them again.

I always consider offers as low as 25% off my asking price, depending on the book. Lately, I've been pretty aggressive with my pricing, to move stuff. In this case, the relevant issue wasn't that I only offered $7 off....it was that the buyer made a counter offer LOWER than his/her original offer, and they were the ones making the offer in the first place, on a book that was already fairly priced. That's game playing. Ain't nobody got time fo' dat.

I always consider offers as low as 25% off my asking price, depending on the book. Lately, I've been pretty aggressive with my pricing, to move stuff. In this case, the relevant issue wasn't that I only offered $7 off....it was that the buyer made a counter offer LOWER than his/her original offer, and they were the ones making the offer in the first place, on a book that was already fairly priced. That's game playing. Ain't nobody got time fo' dat.

I agree that it was to low. I wouldn't have accepted it either.

Disney_fun123

Bid on a four figure book on 2/13 and I accepted within about an hour of bid.

Gentle reminder sent on 2/17 and got no response.

My listings clearly state that payment should be made within 3 days. I'm fine if they contact me first with a reasonable delay but he didn't.

Waste of time.

My experience with disney_fun123.

He bought a $1000 comic from me around noon last Saturday (6 days ago now). Was one of three expensive sales that day. I invoiced all immediately. He was the only one who waited until Sunday to pay.

I messaged all 3 (once they paid) to establish pleasant contact and to let them know I would be shipping Monday AM. He was the only one who did not respond.

I also messaged all 3 on Wednesday, checking back in, letting them know the comics would arrive that day, or possibly the next, and asking them to let me know if anything was amiss. He was the only one who did not respond.

All 3 books required signature confirmation. He was the only one who was not home. He has still not picked up the book. The post office has had it for over 24 hours.

You know what? He paid. He'll pick up his comic sooner or later. He might or might not ever leave eBay feedback. He probably won't send a personal message of thanks. Was it the warmest of interactions? No. But he did pay.

Given his large amount of feedback, I'm guessing he does pay most of the time but I wouldn't be surprised if some of his purchases get neglected. He does seem busy or otherwise unresponsive.

Disney_fun123

My listings clearly state that payment should be made within 3 days. I'm fine if they contact me first with a reasonable delay but he didn't.

Waste of time.

My experience with Disney_fun123.

He bought a $1000 comic from me around noon last Saturday (6 days ago now). Was one of three expensive sales that day. I invoiced all immediately. He was the only one who waited until Sunday to pay.

I messaged all 3 (once they paid) to establish pleasant contact and to let them know I would be shipping Monday AM. He was the only one who did not respond.

I also messaged all 3 on Wednesday, checking back in, letting them know the comics would arrive that day, or possibly the next, and asking them to let me know if anything was amiss. He was the only one who did not respond.

All 3 books required signature confirmation. He was the only one who was not home. He has still not picked up the book. The post office has had it for over 24 hours.

You know what? He paid. He'll pick up his comic sooner or later. He might or might not ever leave eBay feedback. He probably won't send a personal message of thanks. Was it the warmest of interactions? No. But he did pay.

Given his large amount of feedback, I'm guessing he does pay most of the time but I wouldn't be surprised if some of his purchases get neglected. He does seem busy or otherwise unresponsive.

I hardly ever contact a buyer unless they message me first. That way they can't ding your DSRs on communication if there isn't any.

Disney_fun123

Waste of time.

My experience with Disney_fun123.

I hardly ever contact a buyer unless they message me first. That way they can't ding your DSRs on communication if there isn't any.

If someone messaged me that many times over a purchase I would think they were a little weird. You might think you are doing some great customer service attention thing-- but other folks might find it annoying and over the top. He bought something-- paid for it eventually -- he doesn't need to have a conversation about the sale or even provide you feedback. Just my take-- not everyone has the time to carry on a communication or be sitting at the door waiting to receive a signature required delivery.

I have on occasion sent some messages to buyers letting them know that I see a package appears delayed in the USPS system. I don't expect a reply-- I am just telling them I am paying attention to the delivery of the item they bought. Some reply-- some don't. I only do it to put them at ease that the package is in fact in the shipping system despite seeing little information in the eBay tracking. That said-- it is a pretty rare occurrence to need to do that.