• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,599 posts in this topic

What happened, Buzz? The guy bail somehow?

I accidentally deleted it when I was writing while on hold... I updated it.

DO NOT ship any items to:

Pavel Borisov

600 Markley St # 063333

Port Reading, NJ 07064-1813

United States

Buyer bought a lego set this morning in the amount of $50 using the account of:

lunaxxxchik

Their feedback was (92)

eBay notified me that the buyer account was fraudulently used and that I should not ship the item.

eBay notified me after the Post Office was closed and with priority shipping the item has a transit time of one day. It will be at its destination by the time I am able to contact USPS tomorrow.

This is the problem with shipping fast.

eBay was useless and is having me call a post office in New Jersey.

New Jersey Post Offices are closed.

When I asked what is the next course of action, because it will be in the buyer's hands by tomorrow, I was told that it is the cost of doing business.

With that said... I am now open to doing offline eBay sales.

Buzz,

You shipped to the address ebay provided?

You should be covered, correct?

Very interesting question that still has to be played out.

eBay says I am not covered but they refunded my selling fees. They also removed the positive feedback I left the buyer as well as the listing.

Paypal says that as of now no claim for the removal of the funds spent have been issued so the money is still in my account. The CSR on PayPal said that since I printed the label through eBay, with funds being taken out of my PayPal account to pay for the label, that I should be covered and once again, that the eBay CSR should not have told me I was not covered.

Can you try to print another label from the transaction details page in ebay as if you were shipping to him again? If so, and under his address it say "Eligible for Seller Protection", you are definitely covered.

I never pay attention to that note, because I always thought if it was NOT there a popup came up about being sure to protect oneself, blah, blah blah.

Can you try to print another label from the transaction details page in ebay as if you were shipping to him again? If so, and under his address it say "Eligible for Seller Protection", you are definitely covered.

I never pay attention to that note, because I always thought if it was NOT there a popup came up about being sure to protect oneself, blah, blah blah.

Good call... and Thank You ! I guess that answers that. I had to go through orders as the actual listing was deleted off of eBay but it still shows up as a transaction in my eBay sales.

Screen%20Shot%202016-09-02%20at%202.46.45%20AM.png

I just wanted to add my own experience regarding someone who is already on the list:

decompositions52

The person made me an offer through ebay Messaging, for an item I had listed on a regular seven day auction.

I accepted, but wanted to try and do things legit to protect both of us. So I canceled the original auction, and setup a Fixed Price listing so he could just go and BIN.

I send him the new link. He then replies to me that he specified the amount he offered was with shipping including. But he never mentioned that or made any statement like that. I tell him unfortunately I can't do the deal with shipping including.

So I'm out, it looks like .60 cents. But it was just a big waste of time.

Not the most egregious incident, but beware if you choose to deal with him. Be VERY clear, almost childish, so there is no miscommunication.

So a buyer buys a book, and then asks for a refund after receiving it because they said that they thought it was a different book.

The listing stated "returns are generally not accepted".

Buyer asks to return it because they thought it was a different book (pics and descriptions were crystal clear)

Seller explains why no refunds and refers to item description and return policy.

Can the buyer leave negative FB for not taking a return of a book that they admit was bought by mistake?

If so wI'll ebay remove the neg?

So a buyer buys a book, and then asks for a refund after receiving it because they said that they thought it was a different book.

Buyer asks to return it because they thought it was a different book (pics and descriptions were crystal clear)

Seller explains why no refunds and refers to item description and return policy.

Can the buyer leave negative FB for not taking a return of a book that they admit was bought by mistake?

Yes.

Maybe. It depends on who you get to talk to at eBay.

You do realize this policy is really not enforceable. Not that I don't understand it, but if push comes to shove other then a stupid reason like above you will lose.

All the buyer has to do is file not as described and they will force a return or refund.

Edited by Fastballspecial

You do realize this policy is really not enforceable. Not that I don't understand it, but if push comes to shove other then a stupid reason like above you will lose.

All the buyer has to do is file not as described and they will force a return or refund.

I am aware, but in this case, the buyer opened up the communications by messaging me saying that she thought it was a different book (even though the year and number were clearly stated) and wanted to know why I wouldn't accept a return on it.

Never mentioned "item not as described" as a reason and left a neg comment "would not take returns" as the reason for the neg. Ebay quickly resolved in my favor.

You are fortunate. A more "sophisticated" buyer would've known how to game the system. You'd have eaten the book and the neg.

Yeah I know that was and is always a possibility.

Her first message was simply "Can I return this book"?

And then we went back and forth and she said she thought it was a different book and kept asking me why I don't take returns.

Anticipating a problem right from the start, I kept steering the discussion to what book she thought it was, etc. to make it clear to Ebay that the buyer just didn't read or look at the item description or pictures very well or even look at the no-return policy on this book.

But yeah, a more "seasoned" buyer could have just torn the cover and said "Hey you sent me a damaged book, I want my money back".

btw... this was not a comic, but a different type of book which is why I didn't take returns. Normally I do for comics. This was an unused biology-study guide/workbook for school.

You are fortunate. A more "sophisticated" buyer would've known how to game the system. You'd have eaten the book and the neg.

Yeah I know that was and is always a possibility.

Her first message was simply "Can I return this book"?

And then we went back and forth and she said she thought it was a different book and kept asking me why I don't take returns.

Anticipating a problem right from the start, I kept steering the discussion to what book she thought it was, etc. to make it clear to Ebay that the buyer just didn't read or look at the item description or pictures very well or even look at the no-return policy on this book.

But yeah, a more "seasoned" buyer could have just torn the cover and said "Hey you sent me a damaged book, I want my money back".

btw... this was not a comic, but a different type of book which is why I didn't take returns. Normally I do for comics. This was an unused biology-study guide/workbook for school.

It was probably the right book. They wanted to make photocopies of certain readings that were assigned by the instructor.

Okay waited till this one was complete before I posted it.

Buyer ID

thomaskennedy540

Buyer purchased X-force 25 Blue Hologram Variant from me.

2 weeks go by and I get a Negative on my account from this buyer.

Feedback below

He lied in the post! Was not rare blue hologram Waisted money! Late shipping!

At the same time I get an email from buyer requesting a return.

I want a refund you lied on your post and said it was the blue variant issue and the hologram is not bile or messed up at all. A waist of $20 this is a $3 comic!

I shipped out the next day and there was no lie it was a blue variant.

There were 3 more follow up email just me telling him it was a blue hologram variant and send it back to me.

I had to speak to ebay twice and then I just waited for him to print the shipping label.

1 week later I get an email from the buyer telling me it was his mistake and it was another seller who sent him junk.

Edited by Fastballspecial

Add: Pickersport to the list of losers.

Made a $50 purchase a month ago, he made some excuses about having Paypal issues, let's just cancel this transaction and I will ship you the book later." I said "why not just shipped the book, this is a $50 transaction and I have already paid?"- no response. Claim file and I'm looking forward to negging the tool. I see that he has since received a neg for a similar transaction.

Add activitymac69 to the list

I bought a comic from him advertised as VF/NM and it wasn't even close to that grade, when it arrived it looked like a different book all together. He agreed to a refund and purchased a 99 cent book from me. I thought that was fishy but sent the return and the book he bought in 2 separate shipments.

Both books delivered a few days ago and I emailed him requesting a update on the refund status. He refunds my payment and then files a claim on the book I sold him saying the grade was off (it wasn't)

I issued him a full refund and let him keep the book. Very childish way of going about things.

Edited by Barth

Okay waited till this one was complete before I posted it.

Buyer ID

thomaskennedy540

Buyer purchased X-force 25 Blue Hologram Variant from me.

2 weeks go by and I get a Negative on my account from this buyer.

Feedback below

He lied in the post! Was not rare blue hologram Waisted money! Late shipping!

At the same time I get an email from buyer requesting a return.

I want a refund you lied on your post and said it was the blue variant issue and the hologram is not bile or messed up at all. A waist of $20 this is a $3 comic!

I shipped out the next day and there was no lie it was a blue variant.

There were 3 more follow up email just me telling him it was a blue hologram variant and send it back to me.

I had to speak to ebay twice and then I just waited for him to print the shipping label.

1 week later I get an email from the buyer telling me it was his mistake and it was another seller who sent him junk.

SXs7dHr.jpg

:facepalm: