• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,599 posts in this topic

Oh no doubt the dude is a total handjob, I think I'll venture to call him out on that Uncanny 221. Will post the message exchange once it's complete.

This guy is the worst. Based on the condition of the comic that I got from him, he definitely was ripping people off with listings. Not good for anyone that sells on eBay or anyone that buys on eBay. Gives sellers bad names and makes buyers back off from bidding.

Sad part is he had good feedback for a while. I attribute that to many people not knowing the difference between a 9.0 vs. a 9.6 or 9.8. Even 8.5's can look nice to an untrained eye.

The "9.6 unread beautiful original owner" book I bought from him came complete with color breaking spine ticks, color breaking creases along the top front page, corner creasing and for good measure a big dent (looked like something dropped on the book). Non of which were visible or disclosed in his listing. He had the nerve to give me attitude when confronted about the condition. Got back a lot of my money and for good measure decided to look into the guy because he acted like such a wild wildebeest man when I told him he over graded his comic. No one acts like that much of a rabid animal unless he has something to hide.

Hence, I present my findings to the board so that people avoid this guy.

That guy's got scumbag written all over him.

Just because I have a little spare time and he is an epic scumbag, two more:

X-Men 117 he purchased

Same book he resold as "original owner" "unread" in "extremely high-grade" stating it was a 9.6

Same story but here you can see he makes up his own grade as 9.6. Doesn't disclose the OW pages as the original owner did.

X-Men 129 he purchased

His resale

Avoid this guy, his photo's, item description and story is all made up.

Hi Superboy fans I have in my collection a Beautiful Original Owner!!!! Higher Grade Mega key for you. And that is The Superboy #68 First App. & Origin Of Bizarro!! Extremely Scarce! A must have in your Superboy Set. My wife and I are cleaning out our old collections and I stumbled across boxs of my old comics I used to collect. My loss your gain!!!! Please feel free to ask me any questions that you might have and I will get back to you right away. And also this comic will be shipped the right way and that's bullet proof. I wish you all the best of luck and keep your eyes open for more books coming out of this treasure box! Good Luck Bidders Book lies flat, staples are nice and tight, amazing eye catcher color, gorgeous spine, nice corners purchased it and others in the 60s & 70s off the newsstand!!! I'm not a professional grader but then again who is! these have been in a air controlled & smoke free home and have been stored in bags and boards for years and years when I bought them off the news stands back in the 60s 70s & 80s!! Good luck bidders on this rare find!!!!! P.S. Any glares you see are from plastic protector it sits in! I just like the artwork of them. Add me as a favorite if you would like!! Still to come all this month Giant Size Xmen 1, Amazing Spiderman 1 threw 375! Hulk #1 & Much Much More!!! Thank You & God Bless

He bought it off the newsstand, he says, and also "God Bless," meaning he has religious convictions! He and his wife too, probably! He used to collect them and put them in bags and boards (even in the 1960s, before bags and boards were prevalent), but then he forgot them because avid collectors always forget they have collections!

So you can trust him!

Why am I using exclamation points! I don't know! I just can't stop!!!

Not defending this guy he seems to be a total jerk, but IMO these are actually two different comics. I can point out some examples, but you can see how on the first comic the top border of the comic code emblem is trimmed off.

Edited by SuperZar

Avoid this guy, his photo's, item description and story is all made up.

Hi Superboy fans I have in my collection a Beautiful Original Owner!!!! Higher Grade Mega key for you. And that is The Superboy #68 First App. & Origin Of Bizarro!! Extremely Scarce! A must have in your Superboy Set. My wife and I are cleaning out our old collections and I stumbled across boxs of my old comics I used to collect. My loss your gain!!!! Please feel free to ask me any questions that you might have and I will get back to you right away. And also this comic will be shipped the right way and that's bullet proof. I wish you all the best of luck and keep your eyes open for more books coming out of this treasure box! Good Luck Bidders Book lies flat, staples are nice and tight, amazing eye catcher color, gorgeous spine, nice corners purchased it and others in the 60s & 70s off the newsstand!!! I'm not a professional grader but then again who is! these have been in a air controlled & smoke free home and have been stored in bags and boards for years and years when I bought them off the news stands back in the 60s 70s & 80s!! Good luck bidders on this rare find!!!!! P.S. Any glares you see are from plastic protector it sits in! I just like the artwork of them. Add me as a favorite if you would like!! Still to come all this month Giant Size Xmen 1, Amazing Spiderman 1 threw 375! Hulk #1 & Much Much More!!! Thank You & God Bless

He bought it off the newsstand, he says, and also "God Bless," meaning he has religious convictions! He and his wife too, probably! He used to collect them and put them in bags and boards (even in the 1960s, before bags and boards were prevalent), but then he forgot them because avid collectors always forget they have collections!

So you can trust him!

Why am I using exclamation points! I don't know! I just can't stop!!!

these scumbags grind my gears!!

Superzar,

I looked at the images again and you appear to be correct. That one was my mistake.

After I got the first comic and messaged him, and then he turned into a werewolf man in his reply, I took a closer look at his listing, it just didn't add up. A quick search on his buyer rating led to easily matching up 10 comics he bought and then flipped using his BS story.

I documented them and called ebay to report him. Their response was that since he was selling the comic listed their was nothing they could do. I got back alot of my money and in my frustration with eBay not caring, I threw away the paper.

Matched these up real quick today. Thought I would post about him here since my second case against him, for never even mailing a comic I bought a month ago, finally closed in my favor. Looks like his account got suspended finally. He had about 30 listing that got taken down. I'm sure that xmen 129 was probably listed as original owner never read super high grade somewhere in there.

Guysaid like that ruin ebay for buyers and sellers alike. No need to lie in listing or hide defects. Guy is a real dbag. Still my bad on that xmen 129.

Not defending this guy he seems to be a total jerk, but IMO these are actually two different comics. I can point out some examples, but you can see how on the first comic the top border of the comic code emblem is trimmed off.

Oh no doubt the dude is a total handjob, I think I'll venture to call him out on that Uncanny 221. Will post the message exchange once it's complete.

Well its been two days since I politely inquired to Jasper regarding how he was claiming to be the original owner of Uncanny 221 despite the exact same book being sold by another seller a few weeks prior, and...wait for it....no response. Shocking I say!

bobbiee121

This guy is a headache. Didn't purchase tracking and said that if they don't show up he'll just send more. That's not the point and is a waist of time. The packaging, of the two books, were in non taped bags, just one smaller size piece of cardboard, shipped in a manila envelope.

Of all the correspondence they just kept justifying why they did it the way they did. Just a heads up to avoid this seller.

ebay user: omfg-wtshtf

Thrill bidder and a liar to boot. His top bid was put in 3 days before the auction ended

omfg-wtshtf ( 42Feedback score is 10 to 49) US $267.00

Oct-28-16 02:01:45 PDT

"Sorry, I may have jumped the gun, but I have kind of a short fuse sometimes; I reported the item as fraudulently listed; mainly because I'm completely confused on what's going on. I put in a bid and got over bid. To me, that means I didn't win, better luck next time...so, I then committed my money elsewhere into ordering a very large lot of Star Wars comics. I would very much love to still get this book, but it would be a very loooong time before I have that much extra to spend again...like December. If you can wait that long, I'll gladly purchase it."

Thrill bidder and a liar to boot. His top bid was put in 3 days before the auction ended

"Sorry, I may have jumped the gun, but I have kind of a short fuse sometimes; I reported the item as fraudulently listed; mainly because I'm completely confused on what's going on. I put in a bid and got over bid. To me, that means I didn't win, better luck next time...so, I then committed my money elsewhere into ordering a very large lot of Star Wars comics. I would very much love to still get this book, but it would be a very loooong time before I have that much extra to spend again...like December. If you can wait that long, I'll gladly purchase it."

eBay is too lenient on buyers like this.

And it's getting worse. It seems 10% of the buyers I interact with have the moral flexibility to commit fraud...

And it's getting worse. It seems 10% of the buyers I interact with have the moral flexibility to commit fraud...

I would not rule out lack of intelligence (along with morals)

Why would he report the item as fraudulently listed?

Was he over-bid, and then the high bidder retracted?

Why are people who have nearly no discretionary income bidding hundreds of dollars on comics? (Scratch that....that's half the comics collectors I know.)

Why would he report the item as fraudulently listed? Best guess? He is trying to legitimize not paying for the item.

Was he over-bid, and then the high bidder retracted? No. He placed the high bid 3 days before the auction closed. There were no additional bids on the item.

Why are people who have nearly no discretionary income bidding hundreds of dollars on comics? (Scratch that....that's half the comics collectors I know.) :screwy:

Is there any way to report a seller who has stolen a photo that you currently have up for one of your listings? I know it is frowned upon but is it actually against the rules?

eBay user vpetronzio is using a photo that I currently have up on one of my listings.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPIDER-MAN-CLASSICS-SERIES-1-SPIDER-MAN-/122164643850?hash=item1c7194880a:g:5FMAAOSwOyJX8yId

Is there any way to report a seller who has stolen a photo that you currently have up for one of your listings? I know it is frowned upon but is it actually against the rules?

eBay user vpetronzio is using a photo that I currently have up on one of my listings.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPIDER-MAN-CLASSICS-SERIES-1-SPIDER-MAN-/122164643850?hash=item1c7194880a:g:5FMAAOSwOyJX8yId

I don't know if there's a category for reporting it, or if reporting it would do any good -- but you should report it anyway. That's scummy and misleading.