• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,599 posts in this topic

Has anyone been able to send comics to Singapore via the Global Shipping Program?

I would like to know what others think about this recent message from a potential buyer.

Hey buddy, so this is the reply from Ebay i got.

'However, there are times when certain products or categories are not available for sale in your region. For example, items like helmet or any type of media (print, digital including anime & comics) are not allowed to be shipped to Singapore via our Global Shipping Program services. If you wish to purchase for this type of item, the shipping offered must be through seller, not Global Shipping Program.'

This is just ridiculous of course cause ive been buying comics off ebay for years and never had an issue until the Global Shipping Program. So it says the shipping offered has to be through seller.

Again i plead if youre comfortable selling direct or issuing an invoice through paypal that would be great. If not, thank you man.

Best Regards

items like helmet?

if you wish to purchase for this type of item?

The wording alone has me thinking B.S.

I sent a book to Singapore about 3 months ago. Call this guy on his BS and please refer to him as "buddy" when you do so. Send them to this link which lists all countries as well as restricted items.

http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/shipping/global-shipping.html#more-countries

Thanks for the reply (thumbs u

This guy would probably claim he never received the book and get a refund via Paypal if I just invoice him and ship it myself. I remember Par2ch got stiffed this way from someone.

I found this interesting.

As a seller, you don’t need to determine which of your items can be sold through the Global Shipping Program—eligible items are automatically shown to buyers in eligible countries. You can check which of your listings can be sold through the Program in My eBay > Activity > Active Selling.

So if the buyer can see it, he can purchase it and have it shipped through the GSP.

Edited by Catwomancomics

I sent a book to Singapore about 3 months ago. Call this guy on his BS and please refer to him as "buddy" when you do so. Send them to this link which lists all countries as well as restricted items.

http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/shipping/global-shipping.html#more-countries

Thanks for the reply (thumbs u

This guy would probably claim he never received the book and get a refund via Paypal if I just invoice him and ship it myself. I remember Par2ch got stiffed this way from someone.

Thats what he's shooting for unfortunately. Either that or he's trying to avoid import tax which can be extreme in some countries. The GSP ensures import tax because eBay fills out the customs forms and makes sure its shipped as merchandise and not a gift. I use to sell a majority of my items (not comics) overseas and they would always ask to avoid GSP as well as labelling the item as a gift. But if they're asking to do so outside of eBay its much more likely to be an attempt at fraud.

Just tell this guy

"Unfortunate but i cannot and ebay also confirm so if you proposing not possible also. Any question further please refer. Thank for look"

doh!

I wish I had waited to respond. I would've copied and pasted it.

This was my reply back to him

Hey Buddy,

I found some information on the Global Shipping program for you that I think is interesting.

As a seller, you don’t need to determine which of your items can be sold through the Global Shipping Program—eligible items are automatically shown to buyers in eligible countries. You can check which of your listings can be sold through the Program in My eBay > Activity > Active Selling.

So basically, if you can see it, you can buy it. Here is a link that you can use.

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/seller-center/shipping/global-shipping.html#more-countries

Feel free to research it for more knowledge concerning the GPS

Just tell this guy

"Unfortunate but i cannot and ebay also confirm so if you proposing not possible also. Any question further please refer. Thank for look"

doh!

I wish I had waited to respond. I would've copied and pasted it.

This was my reply back to him

Hey Buddy,

I found some information on the Global Shipping program for you that I think is interesting.

So basically, if you can see it, you can buy it. Here is a link that you can use.

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/seller-center/shipping/global-shipping.html#more-countries

Feel free to research it for more knowledge concerning the GPS

Awesome! I love the "Hey Buddy". Another one they use often is "pal". It's like they've all started watching Columbo reruns.

have come across dozens if not maybe a hundred deadbeat ebayers, but there has mostly been some doubt (which is why I haven't reported more people over the years)

For example - guy buys book, then says it was an accident; his wife was looking for a tickets to a comic show and accidentally bought my AF15 cgc 7.0. lol

Anyways, I like to try and believe in the best of people -- but this one belong here!

eBay username - kiley24227 (only 20 feedback)

- buys $250 book from me

- sends a note a few minutes later (literally) saying he's just come into some hardships financially and needs to cancel the purchase

- sends payment for the book 4 hours later

- I pick up my emails after all of this happens, and assume he's figured out his finances and decides to buy it.

- just to be safe, i send him a note saying "I see you've paid for the book, I'm assuming you decided you wanted the book?. Please let me know if you want the refund, comics shouldn't get in the way of other important expenses getting paid"

- wait over 24 hours and nothing from him, so I ship the book

- 48 hours later I get the "buyer wants to return"

just a hassle that I don't want as a seller and am sure others wouldn't as well. Figured I'd order the heads up to my friends on the boards.

Joey

have come across dozens if not maybe a hundred deadbeat ebayers, but there has mostly been some doubt (which is why I haven't reported more people over the years)

For example - guy buys book, then says it was an accident; his wife was looking for a tickets to a comic show and accidentally bought my AF15 cgc 7.0. lol

Anyways, I like to try and believe in the best of people -- but this one belong here!

- buys $250 book from me

- sends a note a few minutes later (literally) saying he's just come into some hardships financially and needs to cancel the purchase

- I pick up my emails after all of this happens, and assume he's figured out his finances and decides to buy it.

- just to be safe, i send him a note saying "I see you've paid for the book, I'm assuming you decided you wanted the book?. Please let me know if you want the refund, comics shouldn't get in the way of other important expenses getting paid"

just a hassle that I don't want as a seller and am sure others wouldn't as well. Figured I'd order the heads up to my friends on the boards.

Joey

What show were they planning on leaving the moon to see? lol

Is there any reason that rff7706 is on "The List"?

hqdefault.jpg

That seller has been on "The List" since October 2013. Wasn't there a list/thread before this one that got *poofed*? October 2013.

That link doesn't really explain anything, and I'd second the "why is rff7706 on the list?" question. If memory serves I've dealt with him a few times and never had an issue.

- buys $250 book from me

Joey

This azzhat pulled the same mess with me.

Refused the package as to not have to pay for return shipping.

B L O C K

hqdefault.jpg

That seller has been on "The List" since October 2013. Wasn't there a list/thread before this one that got *poofed*? October 2013.

That link doesn't really explain anything, and I'd second the "why is rff7706 on the list?" question. If memory serves I've dealt with him a few times and never had an issue.

Ditto here. He is a good sport to deal with and very flexible on price depending on his margins and your buying size.

hqdefault.jpg

We've had some fun discussions about folks on the public "lists". As a newbie I had done a quick copy paste to my blocked bidders list a while back but quickly learned there were some shenanigans as to who and why certain people were added. Unless something is egregious and public I now go by my own personal experiences and shy away from using the names that have been posted in bulk here on the boards.

Anyone know the below listed ebay user? Wondering if he is a board member before I comment on his BS listings and scams:

eBay username- jaspers_comics

Guess not, wouldn't matter anyway the guy is a scam artist.

I bought two comics from him. His listings state that he "found" his old collection in his attic and he was the original owner of the comics he's selling. He also states that his comics are very high grade, commonly stating 9.6/9.8 and claiming they were purchased off of the news stand brand new and never read.

Photo's are taken in a way that defects are hard to see on a lot of comics and purposely avoid showing defects such as creases and color break. His 9.6 was an 8.5 maybe 9.0.

Review of his items sold and buyer feedback shows that he guy is buying comics from other ebay users and then relisting them with outrageously high grades claiming that he was the original owner and they are in unread condition.

Here is an example where he resells a low grade SB #68 for 4 x's what he paid by stating his BS:

Item he purchased

Item he sold

Observed at least 5-10 other comics where he did the same thing.

Second comic I purchased was never shipped, had to get Ebay involved to get my money back.

Not to mention the first comic he shipped was first packaged in a small box. Then the box was placed inside a medium sized USPS flat rate box WITHOUT any additional packaging like newspaper or peanuts. The smaller box just banged around the whole time during shipping.

Avoid this guy, his photo's, item description and story is all made up.

Good catch on the Superboy 68 resale. I guess "original owner" means someone "originally" owned it?

However, I would say this -- just because the guy said "high grade" doesn't mean the poor sap who laid out 7 bills should've believed it. It's not exactly uncommon for the eBay community to significantly overinflate the grades on comic books, so you have to be on your guard. And even with the obvious tinting on the Superboy 68 photos, you can see that the book has a shoddy back cover and is maaaaybeee a 4.0 at best. That's an unfortunate lesson learned for the buyer.

Good catch on the Superboy 68 resale. I guess "original owner" means someone "originally" owned it?

However, I would say this -- just because the guy said "high grade" doesn't mean the poor sap who laid out 7 bills should've believed it. It's not exactly uncommon for the eBay community to significantly overinflate the grades on comic books, so you have to be on your guard. And even with the obvious tinting on the Superboy 68 photos, you can see that the book has a shoddy back cover and is maaaaybeee a 4.0 at best. That's an unfortunate lesson learned for the buyer.

You are correct about just saying high grade. The Super Boy #68 was the one auction I used as an example because it is clear that it is the same comic. Since the SB was so beat up any buyer that bought that was not smart, doesn't mean this guy isn't a DB for lying like that. But here are two more examples:

Example 1: (Strictly to prove beyond doubt that he resells the same comic look at the CGC registration #)

X-Men 221 CGC 9.8

Resale of same CGC saying he was original owner and he CGC'd it

Guess original owner and unread means nothing to this guy. This was just to prove, like the SB, beyond a doubt that this guy is a liar and is buying and reselling under false pretenses.

Example #2: Spiderman #39 he buys on August 15 and resells on Sept. 2 again magically being the "original owner" stating the comic is in high grade, been in climate control, bought off the news stand and never read. This one you can see how the pictures of his sale are misleading, even though his whole listing is a bunch of BS.

August 15 purchase

September 2nd Sale

While he did lose money on this sale, there are tons of other examples where he bought higher mid-grade raw comics and then sold them for 4 to 5 x's the price he purchased with his BS and deceptive pictures. Would list them here but don't think it is necessary. The SB and the X-Men 221 make it clear that he was the original buyer, that is why I listed them. It also shows you his hidden ebay id on the bidder link. The Spider-Man 39 was just one example of probably multiple where he misrepresented how a raw comic was stored and being unread.

Other comics he sold he started to actually put numbers such as 9.6/9.8 to get the bidding even higher.

I told eBay about how he was misrepresenting his items and customer service didn't care. Oh well, figured I would post it here in case anyone came across this guy.