• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,599 posts in this topic

ebay user: chris14jc-9

"Hey please put this back up for sale I was trying to make offer and somehow committed to buy .sorry thanks"

This statement don't work, as it takes two buttons pushed to buy something.

My favorite excuse is "my kid hit the bid button." Yeah he typed in the amount too, right?

davieanderso0

Bid on and won a $50 slab, never paid, never responded to messages. I thought for sure I'd get a reply when I wrote that I will be posting his user id on here.

I wish I could block everyone who has less than 10 feedbacks, let them build up their number somewhere else

zartan1carlos

Bid up a J. Scott Campbell book, never responded to requests for payment until a non-paying bidder report was filed.

Then promised to pay by midnight the following day.

Two days passed, and then a follow up that something came up and he couldn't pay at all and had to back out.

BLOCKED.

Edited by Rich_Henn

So i have my 9.8 Venom #1 Mcfarlane 1 per store variant on ebay and it was at $300, a guy with zero feed back score just bid it up to $305. How worried should I be and is there anything I can do to protect myself from a potential issue.

Thanks.

Everyone needs to start somewhere but if you are really concerned you can cancel his bid and block him from bidding again. If it was me I'd probably message him and feel them out a little to see if they are legit. Good luck.

So i have my 9.8 Venom #1 Mcfarlane 1 per store variant on ebay and it was at $300, a guy with zero feed back score just bid it up to $305. How worried should I be and is there anything I can do to protect myself from a potential issue.

Thanks.

Everyone needs to start somewhere but if you are really concerned you can cancel his bid and block him from bidding again. If it was me I'd probably message him and feel them out a little to see if they are legit. Good luck.

How do I cancel his bid I can't figure it out.

Thanks.

How do I cancel his bid I can't figure it out.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/manage_bidders_ov.html

I know this buyer has been discussed before but it looks like he has a new ebay account. comicsunlimited10 formerly georg.hampt is George Hampton from Altoona,PA. He screwed me over on $900 worth of auctions during the summer and won one book at auction last night under his new account comicsunlimited10. If you haven't heard of him then block him immediately. He's a known felon and a huge scammer and has had trouble with the law since the 80's to as recent as 2015.

http://content.altoonamirror.com/?p=626586/Magisterial-district-judges.html

— George N. Hampton, 53, 529 Windrose Ave., Altoona, was charged by state police with three counts of forgery, theft by unlawful taking, theft by deception, receiving stolen property, access device fraud and three counts of identity theft on the 100 block of Aggie Street, Hollidaysburg, May 12.

914skittles

Link to profile: http://www.ebay.com/usr/914skittles

Cancelled bid on one of my auctions so looked up their bid history. Serial bid retraction. 83 retractions in 6 months. Just a waste of time and with auction participants looking at bid retractions as possible shill bidding it could ruin your auction. I ended up taking the book down and will have to relist.

Om6qTYV.png

Edited by comicquant

914skittles

Link to profile: http://www.ebay.com/usr/914skittles

Cancelled bid on one of my auctions so looked up their bid history. Serial bid retraction. 83 retractions in 6 months. Just a waste of time and with auction participants looking at bid retractions as possible shill bidding it could ruin your auction. I ended up taking the book down and will have to relist.

Om6qTYV.png

You can prevent those users in your listing options

I just found where to block users with multiple bid retractions. For those of you who aren't aware, its in the bidder requirements section but is labelled "block users with multiple policy violations". Apparently bid retractions are considered policy violations. Thanks Mijael.Levy. I was unable to find where to do this initially but after a few searches found the answer.

Edited by comicquant

Bid retractions are considered "policy violations", yet people like GOODNEWSCOMICS could shill and retract multiple bids per auction at will and without consequence. You'd think it wouldn't take a concerted effort by the boards to snap eBay into action against such a person, but...

Boardies assemble!!! :headbang:

I made 2 bid retractions a while back on a seller who I found to be slightly unreasonable so I wonder if those "policy violations" expire eventually?

(Full disclosure: this was a few years ago; I had already won 2 auctions with this seller, communicated with him that he had 2 or 3 more that were closing about 12 hours outside of his payment window that I had bids on and was intending on winning, and asked if he would allow me to wait until they were done to pay or if I paid now, would he could combine the shipping in the event that I won any or all of the others. He refused & said he wouldn't make any exceptions, and that he wouldn't combine the shipping after the fact & hold the first 2 wins, so I retracted the bids, paid what I'd already won & moved on. Never realized they were "policy violations" though)