• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,602 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, kav said:

Go to my ebay scroll to bottom go to site map click on community or scroll down to community - feedback - click on reply to feedback received.

Found it, thanks

I copied/pasted your reply "I agreed to his offer-why would I do that if I wanted more?"

eBay ID Cougrcrumby purchased a Daredevil 1 from me on eBay today.  An hour after he/she wins I get an Email that says "Unfortunately I am not going to pay for this" no explanation given.  In checking his/her feedback, even though sellers can't leave negs anymore this ID has a few positive feedbacks from other people they cancelled purchases/orders on.   Just a heads up to anyone who doesn't want their time wasted.  

Edited by Filter81

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 2:39 PM, marmat said:

Block this user: rabailii0

He bought a comic from me for a stunning $12 (it was listed at $16 and I accepted his offer)

Unfortunately I can not find the comic, I sent him a message with my apologises and sent immediate refund.

He, without contacting me, left this negative feedback: "never sent it said he couldn't find it more like he never got enough for it!!!"

To be fair, if I were haggling over the price of a book with a seller, we agree on a price, and I pay, I would be pretty frustrated with that seller if he said "I don't have that book".  From a buyer perspective, what a waste of time!  And it certainly doesn't make the seller look like they know what they're doing.  I'd likely put them on my personal "do not buy" list moving forward. 

Would I leave a negative feedback?  Not as long as I got an apology from the seller (which happened in this case).  But I know more than the casual ebayer how negative feedback can affect a seller and choose to only leave it for truly deserving individuals.  Though I'm pretty laid back in this hobby these days...I can see someone less relaxed rage-negging you given the same circumstances and I'd understand where they're coming from.

The fault was ultimately yours.  The buyer did everything by the book and didn't get the item he negotiated and paid for, leaving a negative to reflect his experience.  The feedback could have gone either way and it worked against you this time.  I'd be more inclined to block you for questionable selling practices than him for leaving a negative.

To be clear, I'm not blocking anyone, just giving an opposing viewpoint.   I'd say take this as a lesson learned...tighten up those selling practices and move on.  I'm not sure this buyer warrants blocking. 

On 5/15/2017 at 8:33 AM, Turtle said:

To be fair, if I were haggling over the price of a book with a seller, we agree on a price, and I pay, I would be pretty frustrated with that seller if he said "I don't have that book".  From a buyer perspective, what a waste of time!  And it certainly doesn't make the seller look like they know what they're doing.  I'd likely put them on my personal "do not buy" list moving forward. 

Would I leave a negative feedback?  Not as long as I got an apology from the seller (which happened in this case).  But I know more than the casual ebayer how negative feedback can affect a seller and choose to only leave it for truly deserving individuals.  Though I'm pretty laid back in this hobby these days...I can see someone less relaxed rage-negging you given the same circumstances and I'd understand where they're coming from.

The fault was ultimately yours.  The buyer did everything by the book and didn't get the item he negotiated and paid for, leaving a negative to reflect his experience.  The feedback could have gone either way and it worked against you this time.  I'd be more inclined to block you for questionable selling practices than him for leaving a negative.

To be clear, I'm not blocking anyone, just giving an opposing viewpoint.   I'd say take this as a lesson learned...tighten up those selling practices and move on.  I'm not sure this buyer warrants blocking. 

This has happened to me a few times. Seemed like it was always with an LCS selling online and they always blame some stock boy for misplacing the issue. I just don't deal with them again even when they find it months later and contact me.

Possibly worthy of blocking: Ives-mar

Bid and won two books (took out three other bidders in the process)

2 days later asks how cheap I can ship using regular mail with no tracking (despite my clearly stated shipping requirements).  I replied that I dont ship regular mail and insist on tracking due to issues in the past.  I did reduce shipping a few dollars to try to be helpful (below my actual cost).  The guy then asks to cancel his order.  Cheap books so no massive loss but what a jerk.

2 hours ago, 427Impaler said:

2 days later asks how cheap I can ship using regular mail with no tracking (despite my clearly stated shipping requirements).  I replied that I dont ship regular mail and insist on tracking due to issues in the past.  I did reduce shipping a few dollars to try to be helpful (below my actual cost).  The guy then asks to cancel his order.  Cheap books so no massive loss but what a jerk.

probably had buyers remorse or was thrill bidding and figured they could get you to cancel if they became a big enough PITA

On 2017-05-14 at 3:40 PM, Filter81 said:

eBay ID Cougrcrumby purchased a Daredevil 1 from me on eBay today.  An hour after he/she wins I get an Email that says "Unfortunately I am not going to pay for this" no explanation given.  In checking his/her feedback, even though sellers can't leave negs anymore this ID has a few positive feedbacks from other people they cancelled purchases/orders on.   Just a heads up to anyone who doesn't want their time wasted.  

Like this spoon-head . http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=comicsaremylife0003_8&myworld=true&items=25&iid=-1&de=off&which=positive&interval=365

Edited by RidersRohan

On 2017-05-13 at 0:50 PM, marmat said:

Nope, I don't have the option to reply to the feedback.

Maybe it's because I canceled the order since the item was unavailable

Maybe try asking the guy to remove the negative feedback. He might be more reasonable now that he has calmed down. I received rage feedback once for a cracked slab.  Contacted the guy, was nice, and had him remove the feedback.  

On 2017-05-12 at 11:39 AM, marmat said:

Block this user: rabailii0

He bought a comic from me for a stunning $12 (it was listed at $16 and I accepted his offer)

Unfortunately I can not find the comic, I sent him a message with my apologises and sent immediate refund.

He, without contacting me, left this negative feedback: "never sent it said he couldn't find it more like he never got enough for it!!!"

I had the same thing happen to me--kind of.  I sold a book.  Then, I could not find it.  I contacted the buyer and refunded him.  Buyer was super understanding!! I also told him it is his for $10 less when/if I found it.  I found it 4 days later. lol

Edited by RidersRohan

On ‎2017‎-‎05‎-‎16 at 5:17 PM, 427Impaler said:

On cheap books I never bother with tracking.  Too frustrating for a buyer to pay $15 shipping for a $4 book.  I've sold hundreds of books and no issues yet.  I don't ship to 'problem' countries however. 

Edited by SuperZar

15 minutes ago, kav said:

ps I'd call ebay-if thats the only reason you can probably stop him and have feedback removed as necessary

I just spent about 40 minutes on the phone with ebay and it went next to nowhere.  Apparently if you accept returns you have to accept this kind of about returns.

1 minute ago, Iceman399 said:

I just spent about 40 minutes on the phone with ebay and it went next to nowhere.  Apparently if you accept returns you have to accept this kind of about returns.

dang.  well he's not gonna be a happy camper when he finds out what it's like to be blocked by so many.