• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,600 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Turtle said:

Looking for feedback about...well...feedback.

I bought an item as a Buy It Now...around $300.  Paid right away.  2 days later, I get a message saying "I'm sorry.  This item is no longer in our inventory.  Please submit a cancellation request and we'll refund your money". 

This is a high-volume seller with hundreds of sales a month.  99.1% positive feedback, but they do have quite a few neutral/negatives from the past month, some with this same issue I'm having. 

What would you do in this situation?  Submit a cancellation request and get the money back?  This may deny me the ability to leave feedback at all...not really sure.  Leave a neutral?  Leave a negative? 

Comments are appreciated.  Thanks!

Leave it to the seller to cancel.

3 hours ago, Poka said:

Leave it to the seller to cancel.

Agreed, odd that they would put the onus on you to cancel. 

As for feedback, I personally would just skip it altogether and chalk it up as (bleep) happens.  The seller probably has listings on multiple platforms, and I'm sure books can slip through the cracks when you're handling hundreds of transactions per month.  It certainly demonstrates a lack of attention to details on the seller's part, but you aren't out anything in the end.

11 hours ago, Turtle said:

I bought an item as a Buy It Now...around $300.  Paid right away.  2 days later, I get a message saying "I'm sorry.  This item is no longer in our inventory.  Please submit a cancellation request and we'll refund your money". 

This is a high-volume seller with hundreds of sales a month.  99.1% positive feedback, but they do have quite a few neutral/negatives from the past month, some with this same issue I'm having. 

What would you do in this situation?  Submit a cancellation request and get the money back?  This may deny me the ability to leave feedback at all...not really sure.  Leave a neutral?  Leave a negative? 

He wants YOU to initiate the cancellation so it does not register as a "defect" on him.

48 minutes ago, Wall-Crawler said:

He wants YOU to initiate the cancellation so it does not register as a "defect" on him.

That's correct. Your seller rating goes down when cancelling transactions. Buyers don't really see the specific rating but it impacts how high your products are listed in search results.

I've actually offered to do things the right way and some great customers of mine said they wanted to take care of minor problems on the down low so they wouldn't impact my seller rating for ticky-tack problem like USPS damaging a Marvel Tales from VF- to FN (it happens).  

13 hours ago, Turtle said:

Do you know if the seller has other selling venues he uses, such as business website or the like?  While not an excuse I have seen in the past sellers who also sell on other sites forget to remove the inventory from eBay if sold elsewhere.  If the $300 was a steal for the item I'd be a little suspicious.  Sounds like the seller is really disorganized.

49 minutes ago, BrianHoward said:

Here's another bad one... Guy went on a compulsive bidding spree on a Showcase #4 we were auctioning.. After winning, he emails us this "I overbid, cancel the order"

setd-5

Goodfellas comes to mind..."Awww, you overbid?  #$*&! you, pay me!"

54 minutes ago, BrianHoward said:

Here's another bad one... Guy went on a compulsive bidding spree on a Showcase #4 we were auctioning.. After winning, he emails us this "I overbid, cancel the order"

setd-5

Was this the auction from yesterday the cgc 3.5? I noticed there was no action at the end which is probably what he was praying for and never came.

Absolutely unbelievable...

Marvel Super-Heroes # 18  CGC 4.0

New offer
£156.00

Message from akvic0

Hey, I've been looking for this comic for awhile it would be greatly appreciated if this price is acceptable :)

New message from: akvic0 (0)

Hello, the conversion rate was different to what i had searched up previously on google, so i was unaware that the price was higher than i could afford. I would like to retract my offer and this was an error solely on my part.
Thanks.

It never ceases to amaze me when people say stuff like that...how much is shipping for this book ?

Every time I look at a book on eBay, whatever country it's in, it ALWAYS shows the shipping cost and the currency conversion...it's right there in front of you.

Had a TMNT on ebay, only been on for a day, had lot's of people watching and offers pending. One of the negotiators was going back and fourth and he agreed on price, then 11 minutes later after buying it now, he canceled the order :-(

So I've lost all my other offers that were pending at the time, total time waster.

Buyers name is djdineen  not sure if he's a CGC boardie or not, but in any case, he has just caused me a lot of hassle when a real potential buyer could have come through.

hugallani0

Hugo Allaniz

Low ball offers before auction even ended. Won the auction and said three or four different times that he would pay and never did. Got the sense that this wasn't his first/only eBay account so I'm posting his name as well