• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,600 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, wombat said:

I can't even wrap my brain around this. Is he blaming you that the bag was opened by the third party presser that he sent it to?

no he is stating that the book was not in the condition that i described. here is summary of our conversation

Please note my description was - new polybagged sealed. He asked if there was any visible damage and I stated that it was hard to tell because the book was in the bag but i did see one spine tic that broke color.

We agreed on a price and i shipped the book to the address provided. He asked I put FT all over the box. I didn't much at the time but did as he instructed.

book is delivered on May 6th, he reaches out to me a week after deliver.

buyer - hey i received the book and its not what was described. there are more spine tics than you mentioned and i want to return the book.

me - i asked why he waited a week to inform me that he wasn't happy with the purchase.

some back and forth between us, much of it was what i said the book was and me asking him what he was expecting (he never answered this question directly)

finally he decides to open a case and adds pictures of the book. The pictures show the book is unbagged.

When I research who i shipped the book to and how his name is different on ebay, i asked him if the presser has the book or the book has been shipped to the buyer. He says the presser has the book. He also mentions that I am trying to "catch" him to win the case and avoiding my responsibility for selling an item not as described.

He mentions in the case notes with ebay, that the damage to the book was visible from outside the bag and that I purposely lied to him about it. 

I ask if the damage was visible while the comic was in the bag, why did he open it?

He says the book was opened with his supervision as the 3rd party handled the book.

I contacted ebay and confirmed that the book is no longer in the condition I sold. They said that until he ships the book back and it's not in the condition that was sent they can't step in on my behalf.

I agreed to the return stating that i would happily accept the return as long as it was in the condition i sold, bagged etc.

He sends me another message stating that i am a terrible seller that has no integrity etc

2 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

He mentions in the case notes with ebay, that the damage to the book was visible from outside the bag and that I purposely lied to him about it. 

I ask if the damage was visible while the comic was in the bag, why did he open it?

He says the book was opened with his supervision as the 3rd party handled the book.

confused.gif

6 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

no he is stating that the book was not in the condition that i described. here is summary of our conversation

Please note my description was - new polybagged sealed. He asked if there was any visible damage and I stated that it was hard to tell because the book was in the bag but i did see one spine tic that broke color.

We agreed on a price and i shipped the book to the address provided. He asked I put FT all over the box. I didn't much at the time but did as he instructed.

book is delivered on May 6th, he reaches out to me a week after deliver.

buyer - hey i received the book and its not what was described. there are more spine tics than you mentioned and i want to return the book.

me - i asked why he waited a week to inform me that he wasn't happy with the purchase.

some back and forth between us, much of it was what i said the book was and me asking him what he was expecting (he never answered this question directly)

finally he decides to open a case and adds pictures of the book. The pictures show the book is unbagged.

When I research who i shipped the book to and how his name is different on ebay, i asked him if the presser has the book or the book has been shipped to the buyer. He says the presser has the book. He also mentions that I am trying to "catch" him to win the case and avoiding my responsibility for selling an item not as described.

I contacted ebay and confirmed that the book is no longer in the condition I sold. They said that until he ships the book back and it's not in the condition that was sent they can't step in on my behalf.

I agreed to the return stating that i would happily accept the return as long as it was in the condition i sold, bagged etc.

He sends me another message stating that i am a terrible seller that has no integrity etc

doh!

On 5/6/2021 at 10:01 PM, PickleRick1216 said:

Suspicious seller at best jajoh-775

I won an eBay auction on Sunday night for an ASM 16 4.5 OW for $355.53. The seller had only 5 feedback so I sent a message on Sunday night to make initial contact. No communication for four days. I sent a message today to find out when it would be shipped.

Received this message and a refund "This item was stolen from my vehicle. I thought I lost it, but I found a complete box of books is missing. Please, request a refund and will return you funds. Sorry, I have been scrambling trying to figure this out the last few days."

Who keeps a $500 slab plus "a box of valuable comics in their car? Could the car have been broken into? Perhaps. I find the circumstances suspicious.

Update-The seller messaged me today and told me the slab was "found at the post office" and he plans to relist it as buy it now/make an offer. Found at the post office doesn't make sense because he told me it was stolen from his car last week.

If I am still interested he said I could make him an offer if I still want it. I told him I want it at the agreed auction price and I have not heard back from him.

I called eBay customer service and they said it is in the seller's control so if he asks for more money or sells it to someone else for more money the only think I can do is report the seller.

Anyone have advice?

On 4/22/2021 at 12:01 AM, BanjerD said:

I've done some transactions with comicaldreams (J Westlund) on eBay (previous acct) and a separate transaction he bought some books from me (off eBay).... His previous acct was "comicallyinvested" which is also on the list

Here he is in case you come across him on instagram...

jason-westlund.thumb.png.45820f41e1d6992283374f8b9f249490.png

Edited by ComicsAndCode

29 minutes ago, PickleRick1216 said:

Update-The seller messaged me today and told me the slab was "found at the post office" and he plans to relist it as buy it now/make an offer. Found at the post office doesn't make sense because he told me it was stolen from his car last week.

If I am still interested he said I could make him an offer if I still want it. I told him I want it at the agreed auction price and I have not heard back from him.

I called eBay customer service and they said it is in the seller's control so if he asks for more money or sells it to someone else for more money the only think I can do is report the seller.

Anyone have advice?

Obviously a simple explanation - the postmaster broke into his car.  

The guy obviously wasn't happy with the final price, and unfortunately eBay is as worthless as it gets when it comes to enforcement.  My advice would be leave the clown in the dust and be glad you aren't out any money.  

2 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Obviously a simple explanation - the postmaster broke into his car.  

The guy obviously wasn't happy with the final price, and unfortunately eBay is as worthless as it gets when it comes to enforcement.  My advice would be leave the clown in the dust and be glad you aren't out any money.  

Probably sage advice. Thanks

I never post in this section and this is more of a heads up but : Heroish10.0

negotiated a price, he decided to reject at the last minute and raise the acceptable offer by $200. Talking about he did some “research” and had the comic listed to low originally. This book isn’t on anyones hot ten list or spec list. That’s his right but I’m personally blocking him because that was done in bad taste in my opinion and a waste of my time. 

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

ebay has removed the non-paying bidder cases that I would make when a buyer didn't pay (zero communication). I used this as a criteria to stop non paying bidders from bidding on my auctions

:facepalm:

After 5 days a new "Buyer has not Paid" option appears from the drop down under "Cancel Transaction"

(see below, but after 5 days it does appear, I have used it twice already)

1843614675_ScreenShot2021-05-14at6_40_30PM.thumb.png.2cb83ce73836693819aff4ed532b1ba1.png

You can then click on it and it will cancel the sale, and the buyer is unable to leave you negative feedback, only positive.  Not sure why they would allow any eBay feedback but either way the buyer can not leave negative. 

One buyer left me positive feedback, but with negative wording in it.  eBay removes that for you if you let them know.

Block buyer and move on and relist.  Happy Friday!

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

ebay has removed the non-paying bidder cases that I would make when a buyer didn't pay (zero communication). I used this as a criteria to stop non paying bidders from bidding on my auctions

:facepalm:

Wait, they eliminated NPB altogether?

2 hours ago, mattn792 said:

Wait, they eliminated NPB altogether?

Correct

and @NewWorldOrderi understand the process and did that exactly. The issue I have is how will I be able to identify these deadbeats in the future since I used buyers with 3 NPB in their history to eliminate them from bidding on my auctions (this was very effective)

That option is no longer at play with the elimination of NPB

20 hours ago, Nazirite said:

I never post in this section and this is more of a heads up but : Heroish10.0

negotiated a price, he decided to reject at the last minute and raise the acceptable offer by $200. Talking about he did some “research” and had the comic listed to low originally. This book isn’t on anyones hot ten list or spec list. That’s his right but I’m personally blocking him because that was done in bad taste in my opinion and a waste of my time. 

How does it work when you block a seller?  Are you no longer able to buy any of their items?

16 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

So in other words, eBay gives sellers no options to hold deadbeat buyers even slightly accountable?

I guess one should feel free to do as much azzholishness as one wants, because there will be no consequences.