• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,602 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, atrocitus said:

Has anyone blocked a buyer because they were messaging you to much? 

Yes many times.

If they message me before they bid with pretty obvious OCD collecting grading questions, auto block.  I cant be bothered with collectors like that.  I am not talking about people who ask regular normal questions, I mean ones ask 8 questions in the same email.  No thanks!

They will return many items.

keynagato won an item at auction for 350. Here is the correspondence "Hi I hate to ask this but could you cancel this order? I placed a bid on this same book that I won earlier and didn’t realize I won this auction too until now. I’m really sorry for the inconvenience."

I don't think that certain people realize that if they play the bid and retract game that they run the risk of being blocked.  I would rather not sell something for as much money as they could by sniping a listing at the last second than see it go to them for a few dollars more. 

thenewmysteryschool

Edited by Buzzetta

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

I don't think that certain people realize that if they play the bid and retract game that they run the risk of being blocked.  I would rather not sell something for as much money as they could by sniping a listing at the last second than see it go to them for a few dollars more. 

thenewmysteryschool

20210603_115149.jpg.ff9b2e1c21cbd7ff74c90facd94afd74.jpg

Just now, Buzzetta said:

I had a Star Wars figure on auction with multiple watchers.  He bid and retracted with 9 minutes remaining which I was unaware could be done.  I thought that you could not retract bids under a certain time before the listing ended.   I was watching TV when I received the bid notification on my phone and then a message.  I quickly went to blocking a buyer and entered his name.  Must have sucked to be him when he tried to snipe at the last minute and received his message that the seller is not accepting bids from him.

sean-william-scott-mullet-min.gif.23e9c83eda3d4f2bd17e96e40b024ceb.gif

Play stupid games win stupid prizes.. 

He got what he deserved.  

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

thenewmysteryschool

I get that from time to time what is the deal with those? Are they trying to find a price that they want to sell at? 

The trading card market is so hot that you are now prohibited from retracting bids.

As a seller, I block people that I have issues with and they find ways to bid with other accounts.

The most angry I ever got on eBay was being high bidder on a boom at 905 and the seller, realizing I got a steal cancelled the sale and said "changed my mind". My max was 1600. I really wanted that book and left him negative feedback and he went crazy on me. In his listings, he threatens non-payers and notes he never cancels auctions. 

So much about eBay sucks.

3 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

thenewmysteryschool

If you sell it to them tho it saves money on warehousing and stuff.

On 5/27/2021 at 9:24 PM, Dimez said:

username: VNUVNU-XRTX9ACQ

Long story short on this guy. 

claims he didn’t receive $850 book, bought signature verified delivery tracking says it was physically left with Individual but tracking doesn’t specifically mention he signed. 

he denies receiving package, opens a case. Turns out he did in fact sign for delivery which I found out after requesting proof of delivery from usps. Case closed in my favor thankfully  I just hope eBay doesn’t give this scammer anything on their end which a customer service rep suggested they might do if it closed in my favor 

81B0920A-FF23-4DC5-BDD9-755EE90240FD.jpeg

I know this is a Thread to list awful buyers and sellers but I have an absurd and very long update from this situation that has me giving serious consideration to quit selling on eBay all together. 

On May 27th the case was closed in my favor and they released the hold on the $894. I relisted a couple of books (pulled everything while case was active) and thought this was over. 

(I’ve attached a screenshot of my eBay transactions below so everyone can see how this nonsense played out , the crossed out item was a sale separate from this ordeal)

on Friday the 28th I left town with friends for the holiday weekend and was completely off the grid with respect to checking emails and certainly eBay. I returned home on Monday night and Tuesday morning I start going through my emails and take a look at my eBay sales. I was shocked to find that my available balance was -$894. This wasn’t even a hold this time it was a stated amount to be deleted from my bank account. 

I’m super pissed and start digging through emails and find one sent from eBay on Friday the 28th, literally the day after the closed the case in my favor, asking for all of the evidence I had already provided in order to have it closed. After dozens of emails going back and forth it becomes clear that whom ever the people I am emailing with have zero clue that this case has already been closed. I can’t even get an answer to whether this was an appeal by the buy or if it was a second case that they mistakenly allowed to be filed. The last email I received was from a woman that assured me that no money would be debited from my bank account. This was the evening of June 1st. 

days go by with nothing happening and eBay not responding to my requests for an update and then on June 4th $894 is debited from my bank account. Naturally I’m livid and preparing to go to war through my bank as I have numerous emails saying that I had won the case and that no money would be taken from my account.  Thankfully I’m fortunate enough to be in a position in life where removing nearly a thousand dollars from my bank account isnt devastating. but for many many people it would be. and thats why this is so heinous. a honest seller grinding away trying to maje a living could be absolutely wreck by this scammers actions and ebay's incompetance enabling him. 

I email eBay while on hold with Wells Fargo. Again the response I get is from a person who is seemingly oblivious to the fact that I have already won this case and he asks me for proof that the buyer signed for the package and asks me to submit this proof through a secure document submission page built into eBay. I send them this info for the third time and also let them know that I have no intention of letting them have this money. 

im on hold with the bank a couple more minutes before I get another email stating that I have won the appeal and that the $894 would be deposited into my bank account. 

i received the $894 into my account this morning and now I’m just waiting for it to be taken again. 

in the end this experience was kind of depressing. It’s entirely too easy to scam on this site and eBay enables this behavior. According to my sales page this person was fully refunded (screenshot taken a few minutes ago showing this attached below) and I’m assuming this amount is being covered by eBay. And a fantastic use of the exorbitant eBay fees we all pay.

and another thing. And this drove me insane, when you are having an email discussion with eBay it’s never a back and forth with a single person. “Mark B.” Writes me an email which I respond to and the next reply is written by “Jane S” this is incredibly aggravating. 

not sure what im going to do with ebay going forward. this was far too time consuming and demonstrated such incredible levels of incompetence by ebay that im not sure i can continue doing this mess seems only a matter of time before i get burned hard. in the mean time this scammer got a free $875 slab, in the end it wasnt stolen me but thats beside the point, it just makes me sick

incoherent rant finished. thanks for reading. 

0BFE94AD-8EE4-4043-9C60-93329666DA74.jpeg

55B9596A-6040-4D14-B697-144B04A0D6FF.jpeg

Edited by Dimez

From fleaBay to fleeceBay.  Glad that things ultimately worked out well on your end.

And yes, examples like yours and a few experiences of my own are why I stopped selling anything worth more than a few bucks on eBay months before they had even started the transition to mismanaged payments.  

20 hours ago, Dimez said:

I know this is a Thread to list awful buyers and sellers but I have an absurd and very long update from this situation that has me giving serious consideration to quit selling on eBay all together. 

On May 27th the case was closed in my favor and they released the hold on the $894. I relisted a couple of books (pulled everything while case was active) and thought this was over. 

(I’ve attached a screenshot of my eBay transactions below so everyone can see how this nonsense played out , the crossed out item was a sale separate from this ordeal)

on Friday the 28th I left town with friends for the holiday weekend and was completely off the grid with respect to checking emails and certainly eBay. I returned home on Monday night and Tuesday morning I start going through my emails and take a look at my eBay sales. I was shocked to find that my available balance was -$894. This wasn’t even a hold this time it was a stated amount to be deleted from my bank account. 

I’m super pissed and start digging through emails and find one sent from eBay on Friday the 28th, literally the day after the closed the case in my favor, asking for all of the evidence I had already provided in order to have it closed. After dozens of emails going back and forth it becomes clear that whom ever the people I am emailing with have zero clue that this case has already been closed. I can’t even get an answer to whether this was an appeal by the buy or if it was a second case that they mistakenly allowed to be filed. The last email I received was from a woman that assured me that no money would be debited from my bank account. This was the evening of June 1st. 

days go by with nothing happening and eBay not responding to my requests for an update and then on June 4th $894 is debited from my bank account. Naturally I’m livid and preparing to go to war through my bank as I have numerous emails saying that I had won the case and that no money would be taken from my account.  Thankfully I’m fortunate enough to be in a position in life where removing nearly a thousand dollars from my bank account isnt devastating. but for many many people it would be. and thats why this is so heinous. a honest seller grinding away trying to maje a living could be absolutely wreck by this scammers actions and ebay's incompetance enabling him. 

I email eBay while on hold with Wells Fargo. Again the response I get is from a person who is seemingly oblivious to the fact that I have already won this case and he asks me for proof that the buyer signed for the package and asks me to submit this proof through a secure document submission page built into eBay. I send them this info for the third time and also let them know that I have no intention of letting them have this money. 

im on hold with the bank a couple more minutes before I get another email stating that I have won the appeal and that the $894 would be deposited into my bank account. 

i received the $894 into my account this morning and now I’m just waiting for it to be taken again. 

in the end this experience was kind of depressing. It’s entirely too easy to scam on this site and eBay enables this behavior. According to my sales page this person was fully refunded (screenshot taken a few minutes ago showing this attached below) and I’m assuming this amount is being covered by eBay. And a fantastic use of the exorbitant eBay fees we all pay.

and another thing. And this drove me insane, when you are having an email discussion with eBay it’s never a back and forth with a single person. “Mark B.” Writes me an email which I respond to and the next reply is written by “Jane S” this is incredibly aggravating. 

not sure what im going to do with ebay going forward. this was far too time consuming and demonstrated such incredible levels of incompetence by ebay that im not sure i can continue doing this mess seems only a matter of time before i get burned hard. in the mean time this scammer got a free $875 slab, in the end it wasnt stolen me but thats beside the point, it just makes me sick

incoherent rant finished. thanks for reading. 

0BFE94AD-8EE4-4043-9C60-93329666DA74.jpeg

55B9596A-6040-4D14-B697-144B04A0D6FF.jpeg

Try to sell stuff under  $700 . Even when i send something with signature required the mailman doesn't care and leaves it on the front door, so its always a risk. Sell the $700 + items via Auction houses , My comic shop and other venues . I am also selling video games and after a couple of bad experiences with sealed videogames at Ebay , i am using now private FB groups and its working. 

Edited by Mijael.Levy