• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,602 posts in this topic

jerecara_29

Last two feedbacks (both positive) say never paid.

He never answered my messages and I just canceled.

God, I really need to go back and list all of my non paying buyers from this year. I swear it has to be around a dozen or so.

On 6/9/2021 at 11:43 AM, mattn792 said:

In theory, yes, signature confirmation and registered mail SHOULD protect the sellers from scammers.  But the bigger problem with eBay is their itchy trigger finger to revoke funds from sellers while the process plays itself out.  And then you're also counting on the faceless resolution department, conveniently located in Bangladesh, to rule in your favor and give you your money back.  And putting the scammers aside, there's always the risk that the buyer will "change his mind" and force a return on you days, weeks, even months later.

Its a whole bunch of heartburn I'd rather live without.  

Compare that to ComicLink (or any other big time dealer).  Buyer proclaims, "I want a return!"  ComicLink says "Too bad."  Buyer decides he didn't receive the book.  ComicLink introduces them to their proof of delivery...and their lawyer(s) if need be.

I choose to sell with the folks I know will stand behind me if the situation decides to go sideways.

I have done 20,000+ sales transactions on eBay since 1999.  Never lost .01 so far.  I dont know how some of you guys get ripped off so easily.   Its easier now more than ever to not ripped off as a seller, and its cheaper to actually sell expensive books on eBay.  After $2500 your eBay fees go way down to like 2.5% so you save more money than using the other auctions sites that take a month to get paid.   I have for sure had problems with eBay buyers before, but never where I lost a book or didn't get the book back from a return.  If I have a problem with a ebay buyer I just block them and take the return, and relist.  Scammers are so easy to predict, and if you have tracking and or insurance you are usually covered.    

This isnt directed at you, but a little common sense on ones part goes along way.  

I agree with the poster before you about having a sales threshold, but mine has widen since 2020.  I used to not want to sell anything over 3k on ebay now it might be anything over 10K.

Personally I enjoy managing my auctions over sending them to another 3rd party auction site that I dont control and oversee. 

Edited by NewWorldOrder

Here is another scammer.  They purchase two signed Campbell books under two different eBay Names:

zeeinstituteforcreatingart 
Zidartha Boquilla
1215 S Westlake Ave
Los Angeles CA 90006-4117

and

mon770
Boquila Eduardo
1215 S Westlake Ave
Rm 5

Within days of each other they sent me the following identical message about each book.  Books were placed between two Corrugated Cardboard Layer Pads and then placed in a Gemini Comic Mailer.  I have sold over 1,000 books in 2021 without any shipping damage.

"Hello there .... So I received the package but unfortunately it appears to have been damaged during shipping. Even though you did ship it using a comic box packaging that do help protect comics and for the most part they do but not all the time. I've order a lot of comics on ebay and I can't tell you how many times I've received damaged ones because they had no label outside the package stating "Do Not Bend" "Fragile" or "Handle with Care" I would highly recommend you write on the outside of your packages any one of these. I write them on mine all the time even if there's nothing inside that's Fragile I still write it on just to be safe and I've yet to receive any damages. In this case it looks like a heavy package or something was place on top during the shipment. It was heavy enough to pierce the top and leave the markings on the comic.

Anyway, I don't like leaving negative feedback so I thought I'd let you know and see if we could work something out. I was hoping you have another copy I could exchange it for and send you this one back or maybe work out some sort of partial refund in a reasonable amount for the damages. Let me know and thank you for your time."

I gave a partial refund on the first request without even asking for a picture as he requested $6 on a $30 book.  Then using the his other eBay account he requests a refund on another book.  I have reported him to eBay.

On 7/2/2021 at 6:58 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:

For those that don't know, now ebay gives four days for payment to be made and you can cancel the order if payment is not made right away once time is up. No more unpaid item cases to open which used to drag on at times.

Thats is one thing eBay has done right!  4 days of no contact or payment and you can get rid of them! 

2 hours ago, lonetree said:

Here is another scammer.  They purchase two signed Campbell books under two different eBay Names:

Zidartha Boquilla
1215 S Westlake Ave

and

mon770
Boquila Eduardo
1215 S Westlake Ave
Rm 5

Within days of each other they sent me the following identical message about each book.  Books were placed between two Corrugated Cardboard Layer Pads and then placed in a Gemini Comic Mailer.  I have sold over 1,000 books in 2021 without any shipping damage.

"Hello there .... So I received the package but unfortunately it appears to have been damaged during shipping. Even though you did ship it using a comic box packaging that do help protect comics and for the most part they do but not all the time. I've order a lot of comics on ebay and I can't tell you how many times I've received damaged ones because they had no label outside the package stating "Do Not Bend" "Fragile" or "Handle with Care" I would highly recommend you write on the outside of your packages any one of these. I write them on mine all the time even if there's nothing inside that's Fragile I still write it on just to be safe and I've yet to receive any damages. In this case it looks like a heavy package or something was place on top during the shipment. It was heavy enough to pierce the top and leave the markings on the comic.

Anyway, I don't like leaving negative feedback so I thought I'd let you know and see if we could work something out. I was hoping you have another copy I could exchange it for and send you this one back or maybe work out some sort of partial refund in a reasonable amount for the damages. Let me know and thank you for your time."

I gave a partial refund on the first request without even asking for a picture as he requested $6 on a $30 book.  Then using the his other eBay account he requests a refund on another book.  I have reported him to eBay.

Easy fix, dont give partial refunds!  Which last time I checked you can't anymore under eBay Managed Payments.

They never want to return the item, just keep saying how they want to leave you positive feedback if you give them a couple bucks back.

I see that sometimes with buyers that were going to crack out the book anyway for a SS signing.  They figure they can get $20-30 a refund if they lie real quick.  Once I say "sorry you can return the book", I never hear back from them usually. 

Just had a Canadian buyer ask if I could refund them the extra shipping cost they had to pay once the book was delivered to their house.  It was the import Tax lol    I always reply but said, sorry I dont pay other people taxes, blame Canada not me! 

image.png.433aa584d82e6af106a65fcbfca36477.png

Edited by NewWorldOrder

1 hour ago, NewWorldOrder said:

Thats is one thing eBay has done right!  4 days of no contact or payment and you can get rid of them! 

For sure. In the case I mentioned previously, at the four day mark I sold it within a few hours on an offer. The now ignored bidder/potential buyer actually sent me a message with some bs about losing his phone and he could not get online. Yeeeaah ok. :facepalm:

I replied only to say the item was relisted and sold. Never got another message thankfully.

4 hours ago, lonetree said:

Zidartha Boquilla
1215 S Westlake Ave

and

mon770
Boquila Eduardo
1215 S Westlake Ave
Rm 5

There have been many conversations about the stickers here on the boards, but in my selling experience, the only two that received substantial and what looked like purposeful damage since 2015 had fragile, do not bend, etc. stickers on them. Earlier this year with one of those the box was damaged severely but surprisingly the slab was not due to my wrapping. I stopped applying the stickers only because maybe it draws some attention to certain insufficiently_thoughtful_persons who handle the packages during the process that DGAF and think its funny do cause damage. 

Either way, if its gonna happen its gonna happen, and I'm saving a few bucks by making the decision to not apply stickers everywhere anymore. :)

However, the person in your case is just playing the system unfortunately.

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

5 hours ago, lonetree said:

Zidartha Boquilla
1215 S Westlake Ave

and

mon770
Boquila Eduardo
1215 S Westlake Ave
Rm 5

Google Earth that address. Man, check out those bars on those windows. Protect those comics! Also,  Rm 5 is his mother's basement.

On 7/15/2021 at 3:23 AM, herc2000 said:

Can anyone give me some info on why ultimatecomicbooks is on the blocked buyer list?

Doing a forum search for that name yields only two results.  

Your post asking about ultimatecomicbooks and this post made by@sd2416where he mentions that he cleaned up the list, removed the deleted names, removed dupes, and added some from Facebook groups.

Since that name doesn't seem to be mentioned on the forum prior to that post, I would have to guess that he added that name from a Facebook group.

Edited by Domo Arigato

14 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

Doing a forum search for that name yields only two results.  

Your post asking about ultimatecomicbooks and this post made by@sd2416where he mentions that he cleaned up the list, removed the deleted names, removed dupes, and added some from Facebook groups.

Since that name doesn't seem to be mentioned on the forum prior to that post, I would have to guess that he added that name from a Facebook group.

Thanks, he is well deserved, he's an absolute nightmare!

This guy - just because of the judicious use of the snipping tool to hide the actual edges of his books. And yet people still buy.

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/omd2/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Edited by Beige