• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,602 posts in this topic

you can't block yourself from buying from a bad seller, so while this thread is about blocking sketchy buyers-- it has also served to talk about anything dealing with eBay interactions. It has been that way for as long as I can recall.

I agree. I've talked about lousy eBay sellers myself in here (poor packaging, item not as described, stealing images, etc.). It's more of a warning to not deal with these guys but it's not necessary to add them to the list on page 1.

Sounds like it's time for an EBAY: SELLERS TO AVOID LIST thread to be started. Or does one already exist?

you can't block yourself from buying from a bad seller, so while this thread is about blocking sketchy buyers-- it has also served to talk about anything dealing with eBay interactions. It has been that way for as long as I can recall.

I agree. I've talked about lousy eBay sellers myself in here (poor packaging, item not as described, stealing images, etc.). It's more of a warning to not deal with these guys but it's not necessary to add them to the list on page 1.

Sounds like it's time for an EBAY: SELLERS TO AVOID LIST thread to be started. Or does one already exist?

As far as ebay sellers, all you need to do is look at their feedback and everyone does their research as well. But not quick to judge I would also look at the buyer who left a bad feedback.

I will leave my updated list soon

Here is another to block

uscon-1c8gj

This shill signs up and in 1 hour buys my CGC 9.8 Star Wars 1 for $2,499.99. Sent 2 invoice and try to call him and "surprise" number not in service and address does not exist, I am guessing price manipulating is for another thread to drive up the GPA

I seem to recall someone saying there is a way to block members who have less than a certain number of feedbacks. Can someone tell me how to do that? I recently had a bad experience with a guy with 1 feedback winning an auction & I'd rather not go thru that again.

Mike

I seem to recall someone saying there is a way to block members who have less than a certain number of feedbacks. Can someone tell me how to do that? I recently had a bad experience with a guy with 1 feedback winning an auction & I'd rather not go thru that again.

Mike

As far as I know you can only block buyers with negative feedback, so you wouldn't be able to block guys like your problem buyer.

This is done under your account, Buyer Requirements. I think this link will get you there if you are logged into your account:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BuyerBlockPreferences

Here's a buyer who "purchased" $1,154.00 worth of comics from me on eBay a month ago.

Claimed PayPal was screwing him so he will send a cashier's check.

Nothing showed up, no response to my messages.

So I've paid $130 in eBay FV fees for nothing.

deah2385.u1ekpptj has been blocked.

Looks like he just left another seller hanging according to his feedback.

:gossip: Page 1. Post 2.

And I haven't updated the list for over a month. The first two posts locked and are uneditable. If someone wants to restart it and uodate it, feel free.

Here's a buyer who "purchased" $1,154.00 worth of comics from me on eBay a month ago.

On June 2 the same buyer bought $11,790 worth of books from me and has not paid. His name is George Hampton of Altoona PA and he runs something called Comics Unlimited. I called him several times and he told me about having problems with Paypal and that he was sending me a cashiers check. When I didn't get the check after a week I called and he told me it was returned. He tells me he will send the check out again the following Monday Priority (last week). I call him Wednesday and he tells me he didn't get a chance to send out the check. So far...no check.

He said he'd give me tracking for the first check (he didn't) and that he'd get the check out again (he didn't). When I tried to call him this weekend no answer and no return call after I left a message.

This is his Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/george.hampton.712?fref=ufi&pnref=story

Edited by edgerx

Hmmm... so it looks like this guy is up to his old tricks but going bigger this time with bigger dollar mounts on his bad checks.

Seriously... who the $%)#! takes checks anymore? Who even uses checks? (except for my mortgage)

"problems with paypal"... translation: I don't have enough money & paypal won't let me spend money I don't have.

Edited by Doktor

:gossip: Page 1. Post 2.

And I haven't updated the list for over a month. The first two posts locked and are uneditable. If someone wants to restart it and uodate it, feel free.

Thanks Harvey. (thumbs u

On June 2 the same buyer bought $11,790 worth of books from me and has not paid. His name is George Hampton of Altoona PA and he runs something called Comics Unlimited. I called him several times and he told me about having problems with Paypal and that he was sending me a cashiers check. When I didn't get the check after a week I called and he told me it was returned. He tells me he will send the check out again the following Monday Priority (last week). I call him Wednesday and he tells me he didn't get a chance to send out the check. So far...no check.

He said he'd give me tracking for the first check (he didn't) and that he'd get the check out again (he didn't). When I tried to call him this weekend no answer and no return call after I left a message.

This is his Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/george.hampton.712?fref=ufi&pnref=story

I couldn't get this guy's name on my eBay blocked list fast enough. :facepalm:

Hmmm... so it looks like this guy is up to his old tricks but going bigger this time with bigger dollar mounts on his bad checks.

Seriously... who the $%)#! takes checks anymore? Who even uses checks? (except for my mortgage)

"problems with paypal"... translation: I don't have enough money & paypal won't let me spend money I don't have.

I'm cool with certified cheques or bank drafts which is essentially the equivalent of cash. Although I have been asked once I never had anyone pay me that way.

I guess the point I was making was that for the most part, checks are an antiquated payment method & have been entirely replaced by any number of other forms of payment at this point. From paypal to PopMoney to handheld credit & debit card readers, there's a lot of other methods significantly quicker & more secure for sellers than a check.

I guess the point I was making was that for the most part, checks are an antiquated payment method & have been entirely replaced by any number of other forms of payment at this point. From paypal to PopMoney to handheld credit & debit card readers, there's a lot of other methods significantly quicker & more secure for sellers than a check.

Amen.

Who pays their mortgage with a check? :baiting:

My mortgage is at a different bank than my checking account. Otherwise I'd just do an auto-deduction. I wish I could start just using my Amex though if they take it. Earn points. Wait... can I do that? Because that would be brilliant. I need to look into that.

Edited by Doktor

My mortgage is at a different bank than my checking account. Otherwise I'd just do an auto-deduction. I wish I could start just using my Amex though if they take it. Earn points. Wait... can I do that? Because that would be brilliant. I need to look into that.

I wish I can pay my student loans with credit cards that way I can get cash back or points to travel the world...lol

I wish I can pay my student loans with credit cards that way I can get cash back or points to travel the world...lol

If you google it, I think there are ways to use your credit cards to pay your mortgages and other bills (sometimes even other credit card bills!). I think it involves using your credit cards to buy VERY specific multiple prepaid debit cards (some brand from Walmart?) and using those to pay off your bills. I'm not sure what the max increment per card is, or if this loophole has been closed yet. BUT there was nothing illegal about it, just a lot of work (but maybe worth it?).