• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,600 posts in this topic

So I just got a message on eBay from someone asking for a discount claiming to be a disabled army veteran. Normally I am all for it since I have nothing but the highest respect for them. How do you guys normally handle these requests and verify that you're actually dealing with an army veteran? Would this be out of good faith?

If you entertain veteran discounts in your listings, request a pic/scan of this form from the individual asking as proof of their service:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DD_Form_214

Ive never see that one. I always discount active members as soon as I see the APO address.

The APO addy is good verification as well. I personally like to thank you, Escaflown4, and/or other eBay sellers that offer vet discounts, active or retired. As a vet myself, it's very much appreciated.

I never ask for discounts; serving my country & retuning home to family, friends, and the beloved hobbies is good enough for me... (thumbs u

You're welcome and I appreciate all that you and other veterans have done for us and for the country. (thumbs u

Usually when I ship to military base addresses, I load them up with free books. I don't mind giving discounts to veterans, but I just need a way to verify their service. I'll remember to ask for that form should I ever get another similar request.

I just blocked this user because he sent me an offensive message

"What the is your guys problem.

A comic songs lay month for 4 dollars is not worth 300 today. Ate you guys smoking n crack"

- canuck175

I'd block him for confusing the hell out of me with whatever this is supposed to be.

A comic songs?

A comic songs lay month for 4 dollars is not worth 300 today. Ate you guys smoking n crack"

- canuck175

I'd block him for confusing the hell out of me with whatever this is supposed to be.

A comic songs?

Edge of spiderverse 2 Greg Land Variant

Check this message my brother received

-Hey, buddy did you get dump on your chest? I don't sell books that low! Especially, first additions!-

ObnoxioTheclownloach

All over a Bloodshot #1 :facepalm:

I usually answer low-ball offers on eBay with something like "Are you kidding me?" or "I don't know whether to laugh or cry at that offer." :grin: But most of the time I just decline the offer and move on.

Check this message my brother received

-Hey, buddy did you get dump on your chest? I don't sell books that low! Especially, first additions!-

ObnoxioTheclownloach

All over a Bloodshot #1 :facepalm:

I usually answer low-ball offers on eBay with something like "Are you kidding me?" or "I don't know whether to laugh or cry at that offer." :grin: But most of the time I just decline the offer and move on.

This is a good way to incur the wrath of buyers who will gladly buy a cheap book off you just to ding your ratings and leave a negative feedback.

I kinda wanna block the Spanish lady that was selling plots of 1-square-meter "land" on the sun until eBay blocked her from doing that. I think she's probably crazy enough to go on here, but I can't find her user name. Sadly.

I highly recommend everyone block gregormorale-0

Accused me of ripping them off when they didn't know how to use PayPal and sent multiple payments for a single item.

Then when they did manage to buy an item, the filled a PayPal claim that "item wasn't received" on the day it was to be delivered. By a miracle of God, it was actually delivered that afternoon and signed for BY the buyer....but of course they didn't cancel their PayPal claim. I had to call PayPal and take care of that.

I cannot prove these individuals are scammers but they've been blocked on my list and I will not do business with the likes of them again.

I recommend the same....

- canuck175

you should not only block, but report this user.

Anyone have an updated compiled list that can be copied/pasted into the blocked user list?

I highly recommend everyone block gregormorale-0

Accused me of ripping them off when they didn't know how to use PayPal and sent multiple payments for a single item.

Then when they did manage to buy an item, the filled a PayPal claim that "item wasn't received" on the day it was to be delivered. By a miracle of God, it was actually delivered that afternoon and signed for BY the buyer....but of course they didn't cancel their PayPal claim. I had to call PayPal and take care of that.

I cannot prove these individuals are scammers but they've been blocked on my list and I will not do business with the likes of them again.

I recommend the same....

whether they are a scammer or not, one thing is certain-- they sound annoying and a PITA. Block worthy just to avoid the interaction.

I wanted to add jeepsr4girls2007 to the list. I had a book on bin. They bought it on sat 6/13. They paid for it next day Sunday 6/14 through PayPal. That Sunday evening I bought label and packaged book.

A few minutes after I bought label, (which puts tracking number on eBay), I received an email from PayPal stating buyer was disputing charges for the book, anouthorized payment, PayPal reviewing.

Buyer had open a case. So I messaged buyer asking them what happened. They never responded, so I cancelled whole transaction and refunded the payment.

I guess it's not a big deal since I never actually sent the book but I'm blocking them, the whole thing was a little odd. Waste of time and also, I didn't like the fact that they never responded when I tried to communicate with them.

Got a seller to add this this list : colonialscs

Bought a raw comic described as VG. Received a brittle book with an almost completely split spine. This was not disclosed in the description. Seller is refusing to return the book even though the auction states he has a 14 day return policy.

Got a seller to add this this list : colonialscs

Bought a raw comic described as VG. Received a brittle book with an almost completely split spine. This was not disclosed in the description. Seller is refusing to return the book even though the auction states he has a 14 day return policy.

Open a case with Paypal and go through their return policy for items received in condition not as described in the listing.

You'll get your purchase price and original shipping cost refunded.You'll have to eat the cost of shipping back to the seller, unfortunately.

You may beable to get your return shipping costs refunded, as a "paypal courtesy", if this is the first time you bought a lot and were conned.

Paypal covered my return shipping on a lot with a (undisclosed) reprint of a coverless TOS 39 a while back.

Just checked out his other listings and here's another thing you could report him for....selling a CGG (old PGX label) as a CGC 5.5 :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/L0023-Hawk-and-Dove-1-Graded-5-5-/351250654588?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51c82ba57c

Yeah no need to be alerted about bad sellers. Ebay heavily favors the buyer so those chumps are easily disposed of.