• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,602 posts in this topic

He changed his listings to 'CGC grading standards!!'

I didn't realize CGC has publicized their "grading standards". ???

Everyone knows that Overstreet publishes their grading standards, but has CGC publicized their "grading standards"?

hm

valchrisinc2012

Interesting how all of the people I've had problems with ALWAYS have zero negative feedback.

327 positive feedbacks. (edit: actually 787 positive overall, 327 last 12 months)

Anyhoo, won at auction a $40-something dollar book from me many weeks ago, hits me with "I'm on vacation will pay when I'm back" and "there is no service here", and then disappears entirely.

I just hit him with an unpaid case, so I'm guessing another excuse is imminent.

lol if he was able to message you then he definitely could have paid

valchrisinc2012

Interesting how all of the people I've had problems with ALWAYS have zero negative feedback.

327 positive feedbacks. (edit: actually 787 positive overall, 327 last 12 months)

Anyhoo, won at auction a $40-something dollar book from me many weeks ago, hits me with "I'm on vacation will pay when I'm back" and "there is no service here", and then disappears entirely.

I just hit him with an unpaid case, so I'm guessing another excuse is imminent.

lol if he was able to message you then he definitely could have paid

Funny, I was thinking the same thing :)

He can message me three or four times, but can't hit the pay button?

Methinks BS is in the air...

In fairness, I've been in places where I could do certain things but couldn't do others. Like I've been places where my bank & paypal time out (via phone apps or laptop) but could access other sites. It depends on how many connections it has to make to reach the site, and different sites have different settings for security purposes. So he might have just been timing out accessing paypal or whatever. It's unlikely & it's probably just some deadbeat that doesn't wanna pay for something, but it can happen.

comicfinder69 - This winning bidder for one of my auctions has perfect feedback with a score of (1464) but hasn't paid or replied to messages for over a week. I did a user name search on the forums with no luck. If anyone is familiar with or have worked with this buyer/seller please let me know.

Everyone knows that Overstreet publishes their grading standards, but has CGC publicized their "grading standards"?

hm

To be fair, if he worked for CGC as he claims (and there's no reason to doubt him, based on his explanation), then he IS aware of CGC's grading standards.

It's better than using the CGC keyword by itself....baby steps.

lol - Just an amusing story... the eBay member won't have any impact on anyone here but it should be told.

A relative of mine is starting to sell on eBay and just added their first person to their block list. She is selling off some of her handbags and jewelry. (Which is fine because she used to ask me to sell it for her.)

Item was around $200

Bidder 1: makes an offer for $130. Declined countered at $150 with, "That is the lowest I will go." Bidder one responds with $140 saying I only want to pay $140. Seller counters again saying, "Sorry, $150"

Bidder 2: Makes an offer of $175 a day after the $150 offer goes out to Bidder 1. Seller accepts while the counter is out. (Remember multiple bidders and make multiple offers all at the same time on eBay)

Bidder 1 launches a tirade of messages about how she is 'owed' the piece and how the seller has a 'moral obligation' to sell it to them because they would have taken it for $150. Bidder 1 claims how the seller is damned and how what goes around comes around and to wait and see.

Seller - relative turns their account over to me as they don't know how to handle this. Please cease and desist from further communication and you are blocked from engaging in all bidding activity with this account. Any further communication will be reported.

Guess what...

Loopdee Loo continues her tirade. Reported.

lol - Just an amusing story... the eBay member won't have any impact on anyone here but it should be told.

A relative of mine is starting to sell on eBay and just added their first person to their block list. She is selling off some of her handbags and jewelry. (Which is fine because she used to ask me to sell it for her.)

Item was around $200

Bidder 1: makes an offer for $130. Declined countered at $150 with, "That is the lowest I will go." Bidder one responds with $140 saying I only want to pay $140. Seller counters again saying, "Sorry, $150"

Bidder 2: Makes an offer of $175 a day after the $150 offer goes out to Bidder 1. Seller accepts while the counter is out. (Remember multiple bidders and make multiple offers all at the same time on eBay)

Bidder 1 launches a tirade of messages about how she is 'owed' the piece and how the seller has a 'moral obligation' to sell it to them because they would have taken it for $150. Bidder 1 claims how the seller is damned and how what goes around comes around and to wait and see.

Seller - relative turns their account over to me as they don't know how to handle this. Please cease and desist from further communication and you are blocked from engaging in all bidding activity with this account. Any further communication will be reported.

Guess what...

Lesson here is not to counter-offer again when you've already said it was as low as you will go, at least not with the same counter.

Item was around $200

Guess what...

Lesson here is not to counter-offer again when you've already said it was as low as you will go, at least not with the same counter.

I see your point and would say that they are learning, but I have done that as well. Sort of like a "no really, $150 and that is it" Sometimes the buyer realizes that it's $150 and says okay and takes it. Other times they decline. I guess I should just decline and walk away and leave it up to the bidder to make the secondary offer of $150 on my own. Good point on that.

In either way... no overt action of nastiness has ever erupted. This person was a little weird in the head.

I have had a couple of buyers like that. They wrote to me once that I had an obligation to save something for them until they could afford it as they promise to eventually buy it. I say no I don't as it is up for sale now. It sells, I get messages as if I have offended all that is holy.

Some people.

You hear it all over the years. Anymore now I just ignore all of it. There is not a lot of upside to conversing about pricing before the negotiating is over.(Some will disagree, but experience has taught me differently.)

I don't put any messages in there anymore unless I feel I have to correct a wrong notion about the system which is not very often. Counter, decline, accept is all I do anymore in all types of orders.

Edited by Fastballspecial

Item was around $200

Guess what...

3 generations of entitlement. It's going to get much worse.

And people wonder why I say what I say.

FWIW, that word didn't even exist in the English language until FDR.

:cool:

It's an interesting word, said positively by those who feel they are, and negatively by those who feel they are not.

hm

To be fair, if he worked for CGC as he claims (and there's no reason to doubt him, based on his explanation), then he IS aware of CGC's grading standards.

It's better than using the CGC keyword by itself....baby steps.

Guy sounds like a tool.

"Trust me - I worked for CGC and so my standards are their standards. No - really!"

meh

Maybe he took out the trash at CGC headquarters. People like to inflate their resume.

Maybe he took out the trash at CGC headquarters. People like to inflate their resume.

I rate this trash as a 7.5 purple label

Crisp smell, good can gloss, minor blunting to lower left of the bin. minor amateur color touch used to inscribe "CGC" on both can cover and front panel.

yeah like that

Truthfully I cannot imagine any actual grader that would go on and then use the CGC name in their personal ebay listings.

yeah like that

Truthfully I cannot imagine any actual grader that would go on and then use the CGC name in their personal ebay listings.

it is definitely not the norm-- where we typically see the whole "I'm not a grading professional" -- this guy is claiming he worked at CGC for 4 years and IS a professional grader.

FWIW, that word didn't even exist in the English language until FDR.

:cool:

That would appear to be incorrect. Numerous places cite first usage to 1823. An example, from thesaurus.com:

1823, perhaps in some senses from Fr. entitlement, which long had been used in legal language; in part a native formation from entitle + -ment. Entitlement culture attested by late 1980s.