• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,602 posts in this topic

That is insane. I would be p!$$ed!!! :mad:

But, to play Devil's Advocate - what's to prevent a bad seller from "swapping" books and sending damaged books to a buyer? What recourse would the buyer have if they bought books that looked pristine in pictures only to discover that the books they received were damaged and clearly not the same books as in the pictures advertised?

Forums and threads like this are probably the only way for sellers to protect themselves from dishonest/thieving buyers.

Amazon takes returns quite easily. (shrug) And with paypal you can always force (or try to) a return.

I just can't imagine an ebay like site competing with ebay/amazon/etc. if they made it difficult to make returns. What incentive would there be for buyers? Keep in mind we are generally talking about used products. You buy a new toaster there isn't much chance you get it and it wasn't what you were expecting. Comics, not so much.

Amazon returns are a pain in the arse from my experiences. Its why I wont buy on their unless I am desperate. As bad as ebay is Amazon sellers for comics are on average worse in packing, grading and selling. Ive tried them periodically for years same issues.

Amazon takes returns quite easily. (shrug) And with paypal you can always force (or try to) a return.

I just can't imagine an ebay like site competing with ebay/amazon/etc. if they made it difficult to make returns. What incentive would there be for buyers? Keep in mind we are generally talking about used products. You buy a new toaster there isn't much chance you get it and it wasn't what you were expecting. Comics, not so much.

Amazon returns are a pain in the arse from my experiences. Its why I wont buy on their unless I am desperate. As bad as ebay is Amazon sellers for comics are on average worse in packing, grading and selling. Ive tried them periodically for years same issues.

I never bought a comic there before. But I have returned run of the mill type items with no problem.

I had an Amazon customer claim that the magazine I sent was not in the package and instead a photo copy of the first few pages were inside the priority mail package. The package did seem to go into a state of limbo for 4 days (from Phoenix to Texas) where I saw no update on the tracking which is pretty strange for priority mail. I called the USPS helpline to open a item search and a few hours later it suddenly starting having tracking information from the branch this person lived near.

Not much I could do about it-- had to refund them and move on.

But as it was insured, I went ahead and put in a claim a week or so later. I was shocked at how fast they processed the claim. I got my check in the mail today after only submitting the claim on August 27th. Very happy to see that I didn't get burned after hearing so many people complain on here about being denied claims on lost items. Could have been that the claim was only for 12.50. Or that I included a picture of the item and a snapshot of the invoice showing the refund to the customer.

Edited by 01TheDude

Buyer to add to the list - sjy209

He bought Batman & Detective runs off of me. Wanted to return them even before getting them. I received the books back and there were many issues swapped out with lower grade issues. I spoke to Ebay and it looks like I'm effed

Something like that happened to me, but with a NYX #3 and a Batman (52) #1. Sorry that happened to you. More and more of this swapping is going around.

Same thing happened to a friend of mine,a while back but he got his money back from Paypal.

He sold a raw Deadpool 1 for about a $100, the buyer messaged him and said the book arrived damaged.The buyer sent back a beater VG copy of Deadpool #1.

The buyer apparent;ly went on a crime spree and pulled simiiar scams with other sellers as he was suspended.Eventually, my friend got his $100 back.

Point being, Paypal has been changing up their policies on seller protection lately.

I tried to put out a warning about this, but to many people couldn't comprehend.

Here is proof that the comics were swapped out, eBay didn't seem to care. This is only one of the many that were like this...

Original auction photo showing no damage:

20150903_084240_zps5adbjsuc.png

Book I received:

20150820_205559_zpsiwqlg7ud.jpg

20150820_205603_zpskin94ppu.jpg

This is a cheap or free way for people to upgrade their comics.

mayclark2006 of Australia

The buyers outside of the US continue to annoy me. Third problem in a couple of weeks all from buyers outside of the US. And boardies want to know why Murican buyers are shutting the eBay doors to worldwide shipping.

I handle a relative's account as they decide to sell off some jewelry. They have their own paypal and eBay account. I handle the listing and the shipping and most importantly the negotiating. Customers have been very happy in some cases actually writing thank you notes... weird but true, relative is very happy, and I am very happy to help my relative out who has been VERY good to me over the years.

Item: Silver Southwestern Jewelry Bracelet / Cuff.

I wake up to an order placed and two messages.

Buyer hits the BIN for $150

Message 1 - That was a mistake sorry can you cancel?

Message 2 - Tell you what... If you relist it I will give you $145.

My response: I cannot relist until you cancel the order.

Order cancelled, buyer blocked, buyer reported.

Some will say it was only $5. Others will see it for what it is and that this bad buyer behavior needs to stop.

eBay removed the feedback you left? Did they give you a reason?

seller isoldgrit sent and empty box to me, too. been dealing with this guy's empty promises for 7 weeks and wondering how such a negligent seller could have good feedback.

to hear that ebay deleted your feedback is very discouraging. if you have any advice, please share.

They said it violated their feedback policy.

He claimed he shipped my book to somebody in California and trying to get it back. PayPal gave him 2 weeks to response to the dispute but he failed to respond so he tried to appeal and PayPal denied it.

You're better off filing a dispute.

Update:

I left negative feedback, it was removed in minutes. I called eBay to ask what my violation was --

eBay: We're sorry, there was no violation, the feedback was mistakenly removed. The representative who made the mistake will receive additional training.

me: can the feedback be re-posted? or can i post another?

eBay: No, and no, sorry. But we'll make a report of this.

me: What was the reason recorded for pulling the feedback?

eBay: The seller isoldgrit requested feedback removal on the basis that a full refund was issued.

me: He shipped an empty box, and to an address different than mine. I'd like to be notified with the findings of your investigation, is that possible?

eBay: No, sorry, but we'll investigate and take proper action.

--

I'm not sure if that even has any real meaning. But PhoKing, I would advise at least calling eBay to request an investigation. sellers like isoldgrit are such a poison to the safe marketplace environment created by the honest sellers out there.

Just makes you want to drive down to the ebay call center, and start punching people in the face

We'll see how this one turns out...

I won an auction late-night on 9/4/15 from Isoldgrit (not knowing he was a problem seller here). I put in a bid and went to bed. I found out I won the next morning. When I had a chance to get to my computer to pay the next day (early afternoon), I open the invoice and found that the $20 shipping cost that was listed in the listing was now $35. I sent a polite message asking what the reason was for the increase in shipping cost. I assumed it was an error and that he'd re-send a corrected invoice.

I hear nothing for the rest of the day on Saturday or all day Sunday. I figure it's a holiday weekend, I'll get a response after Labor Day.

Monday morning (today) I open my e-mail and find that an unpaid item dispute has been opened against me. I sent another message referencing the first and asking again why the increase in shipping appeared. I also attached an image of the ebay rules stating that changing the price of shipping after the listing is over is an ebay violation and that I should contact them about it. I asked that he get back to me by the end of the day.

I'll come back here with any new development, but given isoldgrit showed up here on the boards, I'll be sure to be on guard.

seller isoldgrit sent and empty box to me, too. been dealing with this guy's empty promises for 7 weeks and wondering how such a negligent seller could have good feedback.

to hear that ebay deleted your feedback is very discouraging. if you have any advice, please share.

He claimed he shipped my book to somebody in California and trying to get it back. PayPal gave him 2 weeks to response to the dispute but he failed to respond so he tried to appeal and PayPal denied it.

Update:

I left negative feedback, it was removed in minutes. I called eBay to ask what my violation was --

eBay: We're sorry, there was no violation, the feedback was mistakenly removed. The representative who made the mistake will receive additional training.

eBay: The seller isoldgrit requested feedback removal on the basis that a full refund was issued.

me: He shipped an empty box, and to an address different than mine. I'd like to be notified with the findings of your investigation, is that possible?

--

I'm not sure if that even has any real meaning. But PhoKing, I would advise at least calling eBay to request an investigation. sellers like isoldgrit are such a poison to the safe marketplace environment created by the honest sellers out there.

Just makes you want to drive down to the ebay call center, and start punching people in the face

I won an auction late-night on 9/4/15 from Isoldgrit (not knowing he was a problem seller here). I put in a bid and went to bed. I found out I won the next morning. When I had a chance to get to my computer to pay the next day (early afternoon), I open the invoice and found that the $20 shipping cost that was listed in the listing was now $35. I sent a polite message asking what the reason was for the increase in shipping cost. I assumed it was an error and that he'd re-send a corrected invoice.

I hear nothing for the rest of the day on Saturday or all day Sunday. I figure it's a holiday weekend, I'll get a response after Labor Day.

Monday morning (today) I open my e-mail and find that an unpaid item dispute has been opened against me. I sent another message referencing the first and asking again why the increase in shipping appeared. I also attached an image of the ebay rules stating that changing the price of shipping after the listing is over is an ebay violation and that I should contact them about it. I asked that he get back to me by the end of the day.

I'll come back here with any new development, but given isoldgrit showed up here on the boards, I'll be sure to be on guard.

Did you bring the price switch to ebays attention yet?

Or are you waiting to see what Isdumbsh*t, I mean Isoldgrit says about it?

Update:

--

Did you bring the price switch to ebays attention yet?

Or are you waiting to see what Isdumbsh*t, I mean Isoldgrit says about it?

I'm waiting to see if he sends an actual reply. If I don't hear from him by the end of the day, I'll be sure to inform ebay. It says I have until the 10th to pay before the strike goes on my account. I just need to talk to ebay before then.

mayclark2006 of Australia

The buyers outside of the US continue to annoy me. Third problem in a couple of weeks all from buyers outside of the US. And boardies want to know why Murican buyers are shutting the eBay doors to worldwide shipping.

I handle a relative's account as they decide to sell off some jewelry. They have their own paypal and eBay account. I handle the listing and the shipping and most importantly the negotiating. Customers have been very happy in some cases actually writing thank you notes... weird but true, relative is very happy, and I am very happy to help my relative out who has been VERY good to me over the years.

Item: Silver Southwestern Jewelry Bracelet / Cuff.

I wake up to an order placed and two messages.

Buyer hits the BIN for $150

Message 1 - That was a mistake sorry can you cancel?

Message 2 - Tell you what... If you relist it I will give you $145.

My response: I cannot relist until you cancel the order.

Order cancelled, buyer blocked, buyer reported.

Some will say it was only $5. Others will see it for what it is and that this bad buyer behavior needs to stop.

Well.... i see a lot more American users on this blocked list than foreigners , but if you feel better by blaming us that´s ok lol

I bring it up as the last three problems all occurred with bidders outside the United States and I am a seller based in the United States.

The first one eBay recognized by my pointing out was very likely a scam. The second one eBay realized it themselves and sent me a message instructing me not to send the item as they banned the user themselves. The third person, mayclark, wasn't a scam artist but was playing games that we have all agreed on is poor form. I don't think it is acceptable to anyone to commit to buying something then negotiate a price after the fact.

Why are foreign bidders to the seller's account more likely to set up a scam? I believe it is in due part to the distance. The travel time is increased and the bidder is outside jurisdiction of the sellers country. I could easily see US scammers playing games with UK sellers just as easily as I've seen scam games with my stuff.

I'm the case of the Australian bidder that is a simple case of poor bidder behavior. In the case of the foreign account that suddenly decided to purchase something after ten years to an address that could not be verified and the Chinese account that eBay NARU'd after he made the purchase, sorry but fact is a fact that they were both foreign bidders.

As stated I had no problem selling a large Lego set to a buyer in Peru that had an unconfirmed non trackable address as he had a decent history in buying and selling. I will ship to people overseas but lately I am being given reason to start losing confidence.

Add to your block list if not already on it: comic-traders

Claimed book was damaged but would not send proof. Requested full refund. I found out with the help of good 'ol Google that he has done this in the past when he thinks he overpaid (buyer's remorse). He accepted a very small partial refund after I called him out on his antics and told him this is his one shot to drop it.

He accepted, then told me I was a "smart guy" and asked how I found out about his habits. Also left positive feedback saying I was one of his "favorite sellers" and he'd buy again.

Not a chance. Blocked. Best to steer clear of this guy and his entitlement.

Add to block list: dragonjab

TERRIBLE to deal with. Such a hassle this kid is, just refunded him to be done with him.

Can you elaborate on exactly what the problem was?

I agree-- we need more information than simply they were a "hassle" -- so we can make our own call on the block and also for entertainment purposes as some of these stories can be kind of interesting.