• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
26 26

6,384 posts in this topic

On 10/26/2023 at 4:43 PM, aardvark88 said:

Get thee to a weekend comic book burning outside of thy church in 1953. Torch those heathenious EC's and PCH. Pic courtesy of Bob Beerbohm's FB pg.

image.thumb.jpeg.bd87df37c6da7ec8383db457aeb9f33e.jpeg

It could almost be the Nazis and the Hitler youth.

On 10/26/2023 at 10:43 AM, aardvark88 said:

Get thee to a weekend comic book burning outside of thy church in 1953. Torch those heathenious EC's and PCH. Pic courtesy of Bob Beerbohm's FB pg.

That's a lot of good books being burned.  The craziest aspect may be that some of those kids could still be around and should be interviewed about "the day millions burned". lol.

On 10/26/2023 at 1:07 PM, vaultkeeper said:

hm Last appearance of Donald Duck? :eek:

No.  That was pre-retcon Donald.  He's back now, but not as powerful.

On 10/26/2023 at 8:43 AM, aardvark88 said:

:sorry:

Just look at those faces. Those kids are possessed. How many became cult members? Never believe everything you are told. Question authority!

On 10/27/2023 at 3:38 PM, Robot Man said:

:sorry:

Just look at those faces. Those kids are possessed. How many became cult members? Never believe everything you are told. Question authority!

The Ten Cent plague covers a lot of stuff about the mass hysteria of the time whipped up about comic books.....thanks to our old mate Freddie.

On 10/27/2023 at 6:24 PM, conan09279 said:

Who would have thought that Lizzie Borden was a big EC fan. Appropriate that this is a trimmed copy.

IMG_0287.jpeg

IMG_0286.jpeg

That's neat, but a few things :

• The book is probably there because there's a story in that issue about a hatchet taking over the mind of someone and forcing them to kill people.  The story goes on to say the hatchet belonged to Lizzie Borden, so she's actually "in" the comic book and a main topic of the story.
  • The sign says "nineteenth century artifacts", which obviously can't be true in the case of the comic since it came out in the 1950's.
  • Lizzie herself could've never owned that book unless we're dealing with some real ghosts here since she died around 25-30 years before the comic book came out, but the sign does say the stuff there belonged to the "Borden family", so I'm guessing a family member later bought it and put it there after probably reading or hearing about the story.

Cool pic/find!

On 10/27/2023 at 7:55 PM, Telegan said:

That's neat, but a few things :

• The book is probably there because there's a story in that issue about a hatchet taking over the mind of someone and forcing them to kill people.  The story goes on to say the hatchet belonged to Lizzie Borden, so she's actually "in" the comic book and a main topic of the story.
  • The sign says "nineteenth century artifacts", which obviously can't be true in the case of the comic since it came out in the 1950's.
  • Lizzie herself could've never owned that book unless we're dealing with some real ghosts here since she died around 25-30 years before the comic book came out, but the sign does say the stuff there belonged to the "Borden family", so I'm guessing a family member later bought it and put it there after probably reading or hearing about the story.

Cool pic/find!

I know, I was just kidding. They have a copy in the house and a Russ Cochran copy in the gift shop. They weren’t here last time I was here so they must have added them recently. Pretty funny.

On 10/27/2023 at 7:07 PM, conan09279 said:

I know, I was just kidding. They have a copy in the house and a Russ Cochran copy in the gift shop. They weren’t here last time I was here so they must have added them recently. Pretty funny.

lol.  Sorry. I couldn't tell you were kidding.  My fault.  :D

On 10/30/2023 at 4:54 PM, BOOT said:

Crime Does Not Pay 58, 1947

This must be mentioned somewhere, but I just noticed it. Check out the name of the tenant of the apartment where the Jersey Kid hides out.

Subtle jab from Biro?

CrimeDoesNotPay58C.thumb.jpg.51059ee4299765f07a25fb1b4e8a1914.jpg

CrimeDoesNotPay5839.thumb.jpg.918fdc89d8077e0370ca17b3231c8329.jpg

CrimeDoesNotPay5840.thumb.jpg.3f1fb6308e720f9c78c6cf2f6d149e0c.jpg

Cool find, but I doubt Bill Gaines was even on Biro’s radar at this point in time. This was on the stands only 2 months after M C Gaines died and Bill took over.