• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,319 posts in this topic

About half of my EC collection are remainder copies...but they still make good reading!

p><p> No, I

was returned for credit.

mm

OK, was just curious as to when you picked them up.

In 1956-57 in my town there was a small market which had a spinner rack. It contained cellophane packs of three coverless copies of PCH for a quarter. I was a very large customer, but unfortunately loaned them to a "friend" a few years later, and that was the end of them. One of the books was Shock 14; prolly the best read of the run.

Fifties...

They came from a corner store that sold groceries and cold-cuts, but no comics or

magazines...they just had a box of these books at the end of the counter...never

asked where they came from, just enjoyed getting them for a nickel apiece.

<a  href=https://c1.staticflickr.com/2/1512/25322940832_ef9a6b7d7e.jpg' alt='25322940832_ef9a6b7d7e.jpg'>IMG HAUNT OF FEAR #12

mm

Edited by Marty Mann

Hey Marty,

ahhh, so I presume that you did get them, "back then". You got a better deal than I did, @15 cents for three, and with 3/4 covers! Hopefully you bought the entire box's worth.

I forgot, one of mine was a Mad #1, which I did hang onto. :wink:

Hey Marty,

ahhh, so I presume that you did get them, "back then". You got a better deal than I did, @15 cents for three, and with 3/4 covers! Hopefully you bought the entire box's worth.

I forgot, one of mine was a Mad #1, which I did hang onto. :wink:

All were bought between 1950 and 1952...no, I couldn't afford them all at one time and the

contents changed over time...picked up around 12 EC's, the rest are DC's.

mm

It is, and rather risqué - for ec or anyone else - especially considering the time period!

EC would push that envelope, esp in Shock SS and Crime SS; promiscuity, carnal knowledge involving a minor, infidelity, prejudice, in the early '50's, way ahead of the times.

I just read the cover story, wow! That story is wild! The first panel of the last page is implying that the young lady has an oral fixation lol. I laughed so hard when I turned to that page. Couldn't believe they put that in there. And the guy had so much opportunity to run away as well but he just stands there. So great.

NxKPXXJl.jpg

Edited by Couchy81

It is, and rather risqué - for ec or anyone else - especially considering the time period!

EC would push that envelope, esp in Shock SS and Crime SS; promiscuity, carnal knowledge involving a minor, infidelity, prejudice, in the early '50's, way ahead of the times.

I just read the cover story, wow! That story is wild! The first panel of the last page is implying that the young lady has an oral fixation lol. I laughed so hard when I turned to that page. Couldn't believe they put that in there. And the guy had so much opportunity to run away as well but he just stands there. So great.

Yep, and since he had "proved it to her" well, AHEM. :) Anyway, I'm sure if he'd realized (too late, while he was trying to figure a way out of this fix) that he was about to get perforated, he might've just fessed up, already! :D

My quest for building up a readable, low grade and sometimes coverless EC collection continues.

This book is number 7 in the process. Crime Suspenstories # 21. No cover but nice and complete VG/FN innards. :cloud9:

1954%20CSS%20021-21.75a_zps6drq6o2t.jpg

1954%20CSS%20021-21.75aa_zpszs4mfnkc.jpg

1954%20CSS%20021-21.75b_zpsdkvpxxbk.jpg

1954%20CSS%20021-21.75c_zpsamjdbsdw.jpg

1954%20CSS%20021-21.75d_zpsesjp0m0g.jpg

1954%20CSS%20021-21.75e_zpsxclhzkdy.jpg

1954%20CSS%20021-21.75f_zpsbxinxfyo.jpg

My 10th book in this collecting process also arrived this week. Really nice interior but the dodginess on the front cover brings the book down to a 2.0 vicinity. I love it though and my quest is coming along nicely. :luhv:

Contains a controversial rape story & the "Red Dupe editorial".

1954%20SHOCK%20016-31a_zps4efcyqd2.jpg

1954%20SHOCK%20016-31c_zpsuujnp1xv.jpg

1954%20SHOCK%20016-31d_zps17tlqp7b.jpg

1954%20SHOCK%20016-31e_zpsm7dj3unx.jpg

1954%20SHOCK%20016-31f_zpsa9hsi9uh.jpg

1954%20SHOCK%20016-31g_zpsd41c8nag.jpg

1954%20SHOCK%20016-31b_zpsoifeg0fx.jpg

I've got the full Shock run, and would have to say that issue #14 is the best read of the title. All four stories are top notch.

"A kind of justice" in issue #16 (carnal knowledge of a juvenile and rape) was definitely a hard-hitting story for the time!

If you don't already have it, go for Shock #9; the story represented by the cover, "Carrion Death", is EC at their very best.

I've got the full Shock run, and would have to say that issue #14 is the best read of the title. All four stories are top notch.

"A kind of justice" in issue #16 (carnal knowledge of a juvenile and rape) was definitely a hard-hitting story for the time!

If you don't already have it, go for Shock #9; the story represented by the cover, "Carrion Death", is EC at their very best.

Will do. Am trying to build up a collection of EC on a very limited budget, so probably will never complete it at my age, but every readable issue I get is a joy.

I'm kind of surprised no one has snagged the Moon Girl 10 from Ritter's site yet..... not an easy book to find a decent copy of..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Gone... ;)

:acclaim: