• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,319 posts in this topic

Anyone have a Tales Of Terror Annual #1 they'd like to loan or sell me? :signofftopic:

DSC09372_zpstbcissei.jpg

I'd love to own a copy of this. What a lovely book, it would look so good in a Mylar, and some great stories inside as well. What a cover!!

Got myself a small batch of 4 ECs this week. All are coverless but the innards are decent enough with no issues. All are readable & enjoyable. What's not to love about a coverless EC? :)

Here is the first of them.

1952%20TFTC%20029-40.25a_zps1db7qpgo.jpg

1952%20TFTC%20029-40.25aa_zps7t86s1xk.jpg

000_0008_zpsbmkvnjtv.jpg

000_0009_zpsyf53c8va.jpg

000_0010_zpsd6ddoagv.jpg

1952%20TFTC%20029-40.25b_zps5zn7h7de.jpg

My newest EC just arrived this week.Never read the reprint of this one, the "freshest" EC in my collection.. Always wanted to read an original fresh

gr9TdT2l.jpg

Always loved that George Evans cover. Very under-rated artist compared to some.

It is, and rather risqué - for ec or anyone else - especially considering the time period!

EC would push that envelope, esp in Shock SS and Crime SS; promiscuity, carnal knowledge involving a minor, infidelity, prejudice, in the early '50's, way ahead of the times.

It is, and rather risqué - for ec or anyone else - especially considering the time period!

EC would push that envelope, esp in Shock SS and Crime SS; promiscuity, carnal knowledge involving a minor, infidelity, prejudice, in the early '50's, way ahead of the times.

I prefer the Crime & Shock stories. More ground breaking and less predictable than the horror EC titles. Just darn good yarns. I still love the horror titles as well. I'd place the flagship titles in this order personally;

CSS

SS

VOH

HOF

TFTC

And then of course the Sci-FI/War titles are something else as well. EC will always be the best comic book stories written over that period for my money.

:cloud9:

About half of my EC collection are remainder copies...but they still make good reading!

<a  href=https://c5.staticflickr.com/3/2868/10384380716_80acd89c9c.jpg' alt='10384380716_80acd89c9c.jpg'>IMG HAUNT OF FEAR #6 1951

mm

So Marty, did you get these, "back in the day", when they were returned to the distributors?