• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Amazing Fantasy #15 - From .5 to 5.0

64 posts in this topic

Just wanted to show everyone the great work MastrCntrlProgram did with my rag copy of Amazing Fantasy #15. It took a lot of time and patience, but I am thrilled with the result, and proud to show off what a beautiful book I have now. I can't say enough great things about the work Mike (MastrCntrlProgram) does, and I would highly recommend him for all restoration and conservation needs:

Before:

11916842556_0720aa3611_c.jpg

11916238133_4658f37606_c.jpg

After:

14052453378_b54d3315c7_c.jpg

14259282353_71a5483763_c.jpg

What replaced the remaindered portion at the top of the cover?

Looks like Japanese paper and hand redone. Check the top of the clouds and the lettering on "introducing". OP am I completely off here? BTW It looks amazing! Congratulations on having such a nice piece in your collection.

Looks like Japanese paper and hand redone. Check the top of the clouds and the lettering on "introducing". OP am I completely off here? BTW It looks amazing! Congratulations on having such a nice piece in your collection.

It's not Japanese paper, it's actually something a little more ingenious, but I'll let MastrCntrlProgram decide if he wants to give away his secret. :cool:

It's not Japanese paper, it's actually something a little more ingenious, but I'll let MastrCntrlProgram decide if he wants to give away his secret. :cool:

Rough cost to do restoration like that?