• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Doctor Strange Movie Thread

1,320 posts in this topic

My greatest hope with this movie is that it makes me feel like I'm having flashbacks to doing LSD in my buddy's back yard in highschool.

You don't need to wait for the movie. Just hang out with me for one weekend.

[Error: HighFive emoji not found]

Oh yea

I find it very exciting that "comic book movies" are able to pull in such high quality talent. I know that the actors working in the Marvel sphere say that its a great experience and they have tons of freedom so that might be part of it but the genre seems to have been elevated to a far more respectable level than I think any of us could have hoped for. It seems like its only a matter of time before someone is going to get an Oscar nod for a performance in one of these films.

It's actually pretty expected to see high profile talent in these movies these days once the overall quality of both the product & the scripts/direction improved beyond Ghost Rider/FF/Daredevil levels of the mid-00's. They're the biggest $$ makers Hollywood is producing & they're generally critically well-received. So by jumping on with one of these movies, they get the profile rise that comes from both the critical praise that these movies have been getting AS WELL AS being able to say that they starred in the biggest money making movie of the year. At that point, they can parlay the critical & financial success of the movie that they were in into the Oscar-bait movie they want & bank on their high-profile from being in that critically lauded, giant money making 'splosion-fest movie about the guy that can shrink & punch people really hard.

It is incredible the level of talent flocking to these productions now. We as fans don't have to wish anymore top actors played some of these roles. They are there banging on the same door wanting to be in these roles.

Kevin Smith said it really well. When you can get a mega star like Robert Redford to say "Hail Hydra" on the big screen, you know have finally arrived [speaking as a comic book geek].

It is incredible the level of talent flocking to these productions now. We as fans don't have to wish anymore top actors played some of these roles. They are there banging on the same door wanting to be in these roles.

Kevin Smith said it really well. When you can get a mega star like Robert Redford to say "Hail Hydra" on the big screen, you know have finally arrived [speaking as a comic book geek].

:applause:

It is incredible the level of talent flocking to theseMarvel's-in-house productions now. We as fans don't have to wish anymore top actors played some of these roles. They are there banging on the same door wanting to be in these roles.

My Benedict Cumberbatch Google agent paid off!

:grin:

RUMOR: Rachel McAdams' DOCTOR STRANGE Role Revealed And It's Not Who You Think

With Benedict Cumberbatch set to play Doctor Strange, Tilda Swinton cast as The Ancient One, Chiwetel Ejiofor chosen as Baron Mordo, and Mads Mikkelsen rumored to be up for Dormammu, the cast of the Scott Derrickson helmed release is looking incredible to say the least. However, we still have no idea who Rachel McAdams is playing, but a new report claims that it won't be Clea! Instead, she's been chosen to take the role of Christine Palmer, a.k.a. Night Nurse. This is the role it was thought that Rosario Dawson had been cast in for Daredevil, but it was later revealed Marvel Studios had said no to that, hence why she ended up being Claire Temple.

Oddly, this Night Nurse isn't the one from Brian K. Vaughan and Marcos Martin's critically acclaimed Doctor Strange: The Oath (Linda Carter). Instead, McAdams will be playing the version from 1973's Night Nurse #4, a switch which may have been made because she was a surgical assistant and Stephen Strange is obviously a surgeon.

Another Boardwalk Empire alumni joining up with comic book movies.

BOARDWAK EMPIRE Star Michael Stuhlbarg joins DOCTOR STRANGE In Key Role

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Michael Stuhlbarg (who can currently be seen opposite Michael Fassbender in Jobs) is the latest addition to the cast of Doctor Strange. He joins Benedict Cumberbatch, Rachel McAdams, Tilda Swinton, Chiwetel Ejiofor, and Mads Mikkelsen. The trade mentions the Hannibal star as being part of the cast, so he's presumably now officially signed up for a role. Going back to Stuhlbarg, and while the site doesn't have any word on who he's playing, Variety does. Apparently, the Boardwalk Empire actor has been cast as Nicodemus West. They describe him as a rival scientist, but comic book fans will know him better as the big bad of Brian K. Vaughan and Marcos Martin's Doctor Strange: The Oath. He's the one who operated on Strange's hands after his accident and also received training from The Ancient One.