• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Doctor Strange Movie Thread

1,320 posts in this topic

Hela tying the Magical Universe to the Asgardian one? Savvy.

So Sean, should I get around to subbing the two 9.9 candidates of Doctor Strange Sorcerer Supreme # 1...cough cough.....ya know, the copies which I got flamed over on the board for about half a year...... or should I wait intil the movie comes out?

:jokealert:

...the joke's on me, which kinda goes without saying.....

He is!

But funny how it is not a concern when Marvel changes up a character's race.

Oh I'm sure some people are scrawling angry letters already and breaking many crayons in the process.

Chiwetel Ejiofor To Play Baron Mordo In Doctor Strange

mordo-139584.jpg

Dang Marvel! Pulling that race thing again. I can't wait for Fox to get these rights.

(:

Where are the Marvel Studio zombies to defend this :popcorn:.

Fox would never do something like this in their movies.... (:

More PC stupidity.

Happy?

He is a fine actor.

And that's not why he got the part.

That said, this is still waaay different from changing the plot and character dynamics to accommodate a superficial change.

Edited by marvelcollector

Chiwetel Ejiofor To Play Baron Mordo In Doctor Strange

mordo-139584.jpg

Dang Marvel! Pulling that race thing again. I can't wait for Fox to get these rights.

(:

Where are the Marvel Studio zombies to defend this :popcorn:.

Fox would never do something like this in their movies.... (:

More PC stupidity.

Happy?

He is a fine actor.

And that's not why he got the part.

That said, this is still waaay different from changing the plot and character dynamics to accommodate a superficial change.

got the part cause he slept with whedon?

now I'm gonna have to change my baron mordo tattoo.

I wish baron mordo was played by baron davis instead. Jheri curlsssss for dayyys

Since the early rumor for him was Brother Voodoo, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say ST 169's prices will crash.

Curious, if an A-list white actor is cast in the role of a black comic hero or villain, everyone will be ok with that? Right?

For those that think the ancient one had a gender switch because of the PC police, I would argue that its actually the opposite.

Wong is a key Dr Strange character that is obviously and Asian dude. Ancient ONe is a key Dr Strange character that is an Asian dude, but slightly less obviously so. The 'magical' part of the ancient one is more important than the Asian part.

BUT there's no way that a major blockbuster can feature 2 Asian dudes in a movie. It just doesn't happen (at least not successfully), not unless its a more obviously 'Asian' movie (Tokyo Drift, Rush Hour 3). The market for some reason won't have it, and therefore the studios won't have it. It doesn't happen in tv shows, doesn't happen in movies. So for those who think its the PC police, I would argue more that it has to do with the racial preferences of the American and worldwide viewing audience.

Since the early rumor for him was Brother Voodoo, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say ST 169's prices will crash.

Curious, if an A-list white actor is cast in the role of a black comic hero or villain, everyone will be ok with that? Right?

As long as the hero isn't one who is based around being black like almost all of them are.

EDIT: About the only one I can think of at the time is James Rhodes. And yes I'd be fine if they made him white in a film.

Edited by thunsicker