• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Doctor Strange Movie Thread

1,320 posts in this topic

That looked awesome. Though I think that that would work better as a closing credits sequence rather than opening. Like, right before the mid-credits scene but before the black scrolling text part of the credits. The Flaming Lips song seems more fitting for a post-climax kinda celebratory triumphant-over-whatever-the-bad-guy-was song. At least that's the vibe I get...

Nailed it. I really like this idea.

I'm liking that song.

"The W.A.N.D. (The Will Always Negates Defeat)"

(You've got the power in there)

(Waving your wand in the air)

Time after time those fanatical minds try to rule all the world

Telling us all it's them who's in charge of it all

I've got a tricked out magic stick that will make them all fall

We've got the power now, motherf******; that's where it belongs

You've got that right

(Power in there)

You know that it's...

(Wand in the air)

They've got their weapons to solve all their questions, they don't know what it's for

(Cause they don't know what it's for)

Why can't they see it's not power, just greed, to just want more and more?

(Just want more and more)

I got a plan and it's here in my hand but it's all made of rights

We're the enforcers, the sorcerer's orphans, and we know why we fight

(And we know why we fight)

You've got that right

You've got that right

You know that it's...

Anything that the Wayne Coyne (Flaming Lips) is involved in usually turns out pretty cool.

Moby featuring Wayne Coyne - The Perfect Life

Thievery Corporation with The Flaming Lips - Marching the Hate Machines

RUMOR: TRUE DETECTIVE'S Rachel McAdams Offered Female Lead In DOCTOR STRANGE

According to Heroic Hollywood, Rachel McAdams (Mean Girls, Red Eye, True Detective) has been offered the female lead role in Marvel's Doctor Strange alongside Benedict Cumberbatch as the Sorcerer Supreme. The site makes no mention of which character she'd play, but if it's Strange's love interest then one would assume it's Clea, or possibly Morganna Blessing.

122480.jpg

Tilda Swinton Confirms DOCTOR STRANGE Role; Teases Different Direction To Other Marvel Movies

"We’re so far in talks that we’re not talking any more [laughs]. It’s done. I just really liked the premise of this and the idea of playing this character. I’m a Marvel fan and I think this particular world that Doctor Strange goes into is really, really, really exciting. I’m really interested as both an actor and a fan to see what’s done in this particular world."

How will Doctor Strange differ to previous Marvel movies? Well, it sounds like it might be the one to finally break the formula which critics are beginning to tear into more and more with every new release. "It’s all about creativity. It’s not about everything exploding at the end. It’s about something very different. The idea of playing The Ancient One is really just too tickling. I can’t say no to that!"

Tilda Swinton Confirms DOCTOR STRANGE Role; Teases Different Direction To Other Marvel Movies

"We’re so far in talks that we’re not talking any more [laughs]. It’s done. I just really liked the premise of this and the idea of playing this character. I’m a Marvel fan and I think this particular world that Doctor Strange goes into is really, really, really exciting. I’m really interested as both an actor and a fan to see what’s done in this particular world."

How will Doctor Strange differ to previous Marvel movies? Well, it sounds like it might be the one to finally break the formula which critics are beginning to tear into more and more with every new release. "It’s all about creativity. It’s not about everything exploding at the end. It’s about something very different. The idea of playing The Ancient One is really just too tickling. I can’t say no to that!"

Very disappointing.

I can see where they might be going by casting her. She does have a glacial, detached, Uncanny Valley quality ; someone who could've seen other planes of existence, not entirely connected just to our world / universe any longer after a unique set of experiences. I'm just now watching the first series of Sherlock and that's all also true of Benedict Cumberbatch and his involvement with the film. Interesting choices.

For some reason, I like the choice. They have hired some talented actors so far

Cumberbautch, Swinton, and Chiwetel Ejiofor have serious chops.

No. :sumo:

It's a woman playing a fictional man's role and we can't have that. :ohnoez:

Tilda Swinton Might Be Playing The Ancient One As A Male

In the comics, the Ancient One is a male Tibetan monk, so when news of the casting became known, some fans complained.

It turns out, however, that Tilda Swinton might actually be playing the Ancient One as a male.

In an interview with the Guardian, it's noted Swinton is unsure if she will play the part of the Ancient One as a man or a woman.

‘Doctor Strange': Rachel McAdams Confirms Early Talks

Rachel-McAdams-in-True-Detective-Season-2-Episode-1.jpg

Speaking with Den of Geek, McAdams dodged their inquiry into whether or not she’s “getting involved” with Marvel, saying:

“I don’t have much to say about it right now. There’s not really anything to comment on. But, if there is, I’ll let you know.”

Yet, when she spoke with the L.A. Times, she seemed more clear about there having been talks with Marvel about appearing in Doctor Strange, but says:

“…it’s still super-early days, and I don’t know where that’s gonna go, if it’s gonna go anywhere at all.”