• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Doctor Strange Movie Thread

1,320 posts in this topic

this list looks old, this the more recent one I have seen:

http://screenrant.com/marvel-doctor-strange-casting-actors/

The list being referenced was updated yesterday by The Wrap. Although that doesn't make any of this final.

The Wrap (UPDATE): Colin Farrell Enters the Mix, But Don't Count Out Benedict or Joaquin (Exclusive)

doctor-strange-618x400.jpg

Although an afternoon update attempted to make it clear Phoenix is out for the count.

The reasons why so many actors want this gig is because whoever stars as Doctor Strange will be rewarded with millions of dollars.

Oh boy.

Keanu Reeves Responds To Fan Support That He Should Play DOCTOR STRANGE

------------------

"From a practical standpoint the idea of a longtime contract is sort of “errr” because you want to make sure the material is up to a certain level. Like the good or great level. I like the idea. I go to those kinds of movies. I grew up on them and comics and graphic novels. [but] I didn’t know Doctor Strange as a character, I didn’t read that as a kid. I’m gonna have to read it. I remember reading something… who’s going to play Doctor Strange? Would I be good for the role?"

------------------

I don't want to start a hate club or anything, but I actually think he would be a pretty good Dr. Strange in his prime. Maybe he's getting a little old, but Strange was also an older guy.

I don't really get the animosity towards KR. The matrix was one of my all time favorite sci-fi films, and I think he was perfect for that role as well... regardless of how wooden or stilted he might be perceived to be.

P.S. My original casting choice was Edward Norton (think illusionist).

Edited by bronze_rules

Oh boy.

------------------

"From a practical standpoint the idea of a longtime contract is sort of “errr” because you want to make sure the material is up to a certain level. Like the good or great level. I like the idea. I go to those kinds of movies. I grew up on them and comics and graphic novels. [but] I didn’t know Doctor Strange as a character, I didn’t read that as a kid. I’m gonna have to read it. I remember reading something… who’s going to play Doctor Strange? Would I be good for the role?"

------------------

I don't want to start a hate club or anything, but I actually think he would be a pretty good Dr. Strange in his prime. Maybe he's getting a little old, but Strange was also an older guy.

I don't really get the animosity towards KR. The matrix was one of my all time favorite sci-fi films, and I think he was perfect for that role as well... regardless of how wooden or stilted he might be perceived to be.

Keanu Reeves is an interesting pick, but wouldn`t the drawback be for some that he would remind them of Constantine?

Oh boy.

------------------

------------------

Keanu Reeves is an interesting pick, but wouldn`t the drawback be for some that he would remind them of Constantine?

Not sure. I just often hear people bemoaning his acting abilities.I take it Constantine was bad?

I just watched re-watched Devil's Advocate the other day, and thought he was good there too.

Edited by bronze_rules

Not sure. I just often hear people bemoaning his acting abilities.I take it Constantine was bad?

I just watched re-watched Devil's Advocate the other day, and thought he was good there too.

Constantine with Keanu Reeves was not as bad as people make it out to be. It is the fixation on the differences between the comic book character and the movie character. But when it comes to an entertaining movie, I really enjoyed this film.

And, we were able to see an amazing Satan scene with Peter Stormare.

Constantine with Keanu Reeves was not as bad as people make it out to be. It is the fixation on the differences between the comic book character and the movie character. But when it comes to an entertaining movie, I really enjoyed this film.

And, we were able to see an amazing Satan scene with Peter Stormare.

I liked the movie. Has no resemblance to the comic though.