• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Doctor Strange Movie Thread

1,320 posts in this topic

For those that had wanted Johnny Depp

Have you seen the trailer to his new movie?

That Mortedcai ? It looks horrid.

Peace,

Chip

Johnny Depp jumped the shark some time after Ed Wood, IMHO. The guy is full of himself.

In case anyone needs a cinema warm-up before the movie comes out.

doctorstrange.jpg

(:

I've seen that movie.

I still got mine on VHS.

Trouble is, I don't have a vcr.

Actually, I have a new one in the closet (still in the box), a Sony 4-head Hi-Fi for when the zombies take over.

Let's not forget the first Pirates, Finding Neverland, and Fear&Loathing.

I'll admit Depp's been dropping more bombs than a B-52 recently but there are definitely some gems he's put out.

I'm hoping someday he will stop obsessing over how unique and eccentric he tries to be and just uses the talent he has.

Please. Not Morgan Freeman.

Morgan Freeman Among Those Eyed For 'The Ancient One' Role In DOCTOR STRANGE

-------------------

According to Latino-Review, Morgan Freeman (The Shawshank Redemption), Bill Nighy (Shaun of the Dead), and Ken Watanabe (Godzilla) have all been approached to play the man who helps turn the scarred surgeon into the Sorcerer Supreme.

-------------------

Love Freeman, but no, plaese give the roll of the wise old man to someone else for a change.

I could have been a contender!

Ethan Hawke Says He Came Close To Playing DOCTOR STRANGE

--------------------

It certainly sounds like he'd consider it, as he discusses the studio's movie-making process with MTV. "There’s a tremendous amount of salesmanship that’s now really important to a studio like that,” he said. "It’s a tremendous amount of time in your life where you’re working, and you’re not acting. We’re living in the age of Marvel .... They’re making movies at a high rate, and they’re making them successfully. I’m totally open to doing something like that."

--------------------

He's a terrific actor to do one of these movies. I can't remember how many movies I've watched of his and forgot he was Ethan Hawke the actor. Reminds me of Christian Bale (except Bale never did a movie called 'Mystery Date').

My favorite...

He's a terrific actor to do one of these movies. I can't remember how many movies I've watched of his and forgot he was Ethan Hawke the actor. Reminds me of Christian Bale (except Bale never did a movie called 'Mystery Date').

My favorite...

That was a terrific watch in a theater.

Also, might be my favorite Jude Law performance. (thumbs u

My favorite...

:applause: