• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Doctor Strange Movie Thread

1,320 posts in this topic

I'm with you Chris, I don't get the appeal with Strange.

To each their own but I thought the Dr. Strange issues with Frank Brunner were some of the best comics I've ever read!

Dr. Strange is one my favorite comic books to read.

Bring on the movie! I can't wait.

To each their own but I thought the Dr. Strange issues with Frank Brunner were some of the best comics I've ever read!

+1

+1

+2

I've always thought the Dr. Strange origin story is one of Marvel's best.

Benedict Cumberbatch seems to me like he would be perfect for the part.

I like that one! He's a freaking GREAT actor and has the look.

I also like the thought of Mads Mikkelsen, but he's already 50.

age-of-uprising-slice.jpg

Ethan Hawke

Joseph Fiennes

Jon Hamm

Depp would be the best, but costs a LOT

I could actually see Brad Pitt nailing the character, but there is no way he would take a role like that

If Depp or Brad Pitt get the role the movie would bomb quicker than the Lone Ranger.

Edited by Spiderman-on-Tilt

Even if Marvel wanted a big time actor I doubt they go that route with any new movie - they ve done fine getting up and coming guys who die for the opportunity to star in a big budget flick and I really don't think they want to get into the habit of paying guys 50M+ like Downey gets. They don't need hollywood stars to sell their movies.

Ethan Hawke

Joseph Fiennes

Jon Hamm

I could actually see Brad Pitt nailing the character, but there is no way he would take a role like that

If Depp or Brad Pitt get the role the movie would bomb quicker than the Lone Ranger.

Yup

Even if Marvel wanted a big time actor I doubt they go that route with any new movie - they ve done fine getting up and coming guys who die for the opportunity to star in a big budget flick and I really don't think they want to get into the habit of paying guys 50M+ like Downey gets. They don't need hollywood stars to sell their movies.

I agree with that to an extent, while they don't "need stars" they need a quality actors that can appear in multiple movies. So casting has to be dead on replacing a charactor now would not be good for continunity. As for Downey his star was in decline when they picked him up for all the reasons that made him a great choice for Tony Stark.

Certain charactors beg for a Mega Star. Thor for example needed an unknown I just don't see how a known actor could have seriously pulled off Thor. It would have been actor X dressed as Thor

Ethan Hawke

Joseph Fiennes

Jon Hamm

agreed. The character is Dr. Strange, not Doctor Weird

Ben Affleck
lol

Adrien Brody was born to play Dr. Strange.

And not just from physical appearance. Remembering that Stephen Strange was once an arrogant New York City surgeon, I think he'd fit the bill very well.

+1

+2

I've always thought the Dr. Strange origin story is one of Marvel's best.

This.