• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Doctor Strange Movie Thread

1,320 posts in this topic

I could 100% get behind Joaquin playing the good doctor. He's one helluva good actor.

A fantastic actor that can get super-deep into a role.

This might be a horror movie. The director Scott Derrickson has written and directed some scary stuff.

Examples are The Exorcism of Emily Rose, Sinister, and Deliver Us from Evil.

We shouldn`t really expect a superhero movie, but something scary and supernatural with this one. IMHO.

I could 100% get behind Joaquin playing the good doctor. He's one helluva good actor.

This might be a horror movie. The director Scott Derrickson has written and directed some scary stuff.

We shouldn`t really expect a superhero movie, but something scary and supernatural with this one. IMHO.

Magic mixed with horror?

:whee:

Oh wow. I never thought of that or what it can mean. This makes perfect sense for Marvel as long as the horror elements are turned down somewhat (and of course they will be).

Most of their movies fall directly into the action adventure genre, Captain America:The Winter Solider is more of a thriller than anything else, GotG is their Sci-Fi and now Dr. Strange opens up the horror universe.

So Marvel creates an interconnected movie universe containing all of the popular film genres. Each genre opens up a number of popular and interconnected characters to utilize. They can cycle their focus to different characters as certain genres become in vogue while simultaneously prolonging the longevity of the Marvel cinematic universe.

That's smart. That's damn smart.

I get the feeling that sometimes you just go out of your way to step on it.

My bad-yes please hellboy it with cheap laffs and standard supernatural effects and scenarios.

Don't try for any outre flavor of Ditko's Dr....

Joaquin Phoenix in Contention for Doctor Strange Role?

---------------------------

Though a previous report indicated Marvel Studios was looking at both Benedict Cumberbatch and Tom Hardy to take on the lead role in Doctor Strange, TheWrap now brings word that three-time Academy Award nominee Joaquin Phoenix is being considering for the role. No deal is in place but check back here for any future announcements, which might come Saturday evening during Marvel Studios’ San Diego Comic-Con panel.

---------------------------

This is the right choice, easily. Genius casting.