• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Doctor Strange Movie Thread

1,320 posts in this topic

Final weekend numbers turned out higher than estimated.

5i7q27D.png

Remaining box office release dates:

- Argentina: 24 November 2016

- Japan: 27 January 2017

:applause:

wow. by the time it's released in Japan, Dr. Strange 2 will be in theaters in America

I am really surprised that the domestic audience wasn`t that much bigger than Ant-Man?

Really? What`s up with domestic audiences lately? It seems the international audiences are now a more important factor. Doctor Strange may have been one of the best Marvel movies to date,yet it barely beat Ant-Man domestically?

Something`s up. It sure will be interesting now to see Logan`s domestic box office.

you realize it's still playing domestically, correct? will surpass Ant-Man by $50MM. is that barely?

5i7q27D.png

wow. by the time it's released in Japan, Dr. Strange 2 will be in theaters in America

I am really surprised that the domestic audience wasn`t that much bigger than Ant-Man?

Really? What`s up with domestic audiences lately? It seems the international audiences are now a more important factor. Doctor Strange may have been one of the best Marvel movies to date,yet it barely beat Ant-Man domestically?

Something`s up. It sure will be interesting now to see Logan`s domestic box office.

you realize it's still playing domestically, correct? will surpass Ant-Man by $50MM. is that barely?

It's at 197M right now, but only bringing in 5M a week, so in the long run, it might surpass Antman by 50M, but could be less than that, esp with Star Wars coming.

5i7q27D.png

It's at 197M right now, but only bringing in 5M a week, so in the long run, it might surpass Antman by 50M, but could be less than that, esp with Star Wars coming.

it did $5MM+ yesterday

5i7q27D.png

DS will be around $205M after 24 days.

Ant-Man made 180.2M after 77+ days.

DS is ahead of AM by 14% after 24 days with competition from Moana & Fantastic Beasts.

Yeah...DS is doing pretty good for a C-List Marvel character.

5i7q27D.png

it did $5MM+ yesterday

Ahhh, you're right. my bad. 17M a week still.

I saw it with the wife tonight and we both enjoyed it. Interesting take on Mordu which I enjoyed. So there are 5 stones revealed now? I might have them mixed up too because I didn't look them up. The Soul Gem has yet to be revealed?

Tesseract - Mind

Vision - Soul

Dr Strange - Time

GoG - Space

Ether - Power?

I saw it with the wife tonight and we both enjoyed it. Interesting take on Mordu which I enjoyed. So there are 5 stones revealed now? I might have them mixed up too because I didn't look them up. The Soul Gem has yet to be revealed?

Tesseract - Mind

Vision - Soul

Dr Strange - Time

GoG - Space

Ether - Power?

I watched a couple of videos on this topic where they try to keep track of all the Infinity Stones. Grace Randolph (entertainment reviewer) tried to sum it all up.

But now there is talk of Heimdall's armor containing the last stone.

Tesseract

H___________

Aether

Necklace

Orb

Sceptor

I had never heard of this before now.

Tesseract - Mind

Vision - Soul

Dr Strange - Time

GoG - Space

Ether - Power?

Tesseract - Space

Scepter/Vision - Mind

Dr Strange - Time

GoG - Power

Ether - Reality

The movies don't follow the same color scheme as the books.

Tesseract - Mind

Vision - Soul

Dr Strange - Time

GoG - Space

Ether - Power?

Tesseract - Space

Scepter/Vision - Mind

Dr Strange - Time

GoG - Power

Ether - Reality

The movies don't follow the same color scheme as the books.

Space Stone - Tesserat - in Asgard

Mind Stone - Loki's Scepter - in Vision (Earth)

Reality Stone - Aether - in the Collector's Museum (Knowhere)

Power Stone - Orb - in Nova Corps' Vault (Xandar)

Time Stone - Eye of Agamotto - in Kamar Taj Library (Earth)

Soul Stone - (?) - location (?)

With the last market being Japan, based on the previous DC/Marvel movie run rates this has been the experience so far.

• Amazing Spider-Man 2, The - $30.3MM
  • Avengers: Age of Ultron - $26.4MM
  • Captain America: Civil War - $24.4MM
  • Deadpool - $18.9MM
  • Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - $16.5MM
  • Suicide Squad - $15.61MM
  • X-Men: Days of Future Past - $10MM
  • Ant-Man - $9.7MM
  • Guardians of the Galaxy - $9.5MM
  • X-Men: Apocalypse - $7.4MM
  • Captain America: The Winter Soldier - $6.6MM
  • Fantastic Four - $2.5MM

Even at the highest for a standalone character/intro movie, this should do $12MM-$14MM.

If the Soul Gem is in Heimdall's chest, that would make it 4 Infinity Stones that originated from Asgard! Makes you wonder why Thanos has had such a hard time locating them. Since Ayesha seems to be taking Warlock's place, I'm thinking that she will ultimately end up with the Soul Gem.

Just saw it, best 3D movie I've seen in long time. I like it a lot, though probably not quite as much as Moana. Disney can just keep taking all of my money. Star Wars in a few weeks???? ESPN???? Why don't I own any stock???

On a related Disney note....didn't nobody ask for Cars 3. Tell Pixar to go make a Pet Avengers movie, or Kid Yoda.